PDA

View Full Version : What NFL auctions Authentic (pro-cut) jerseys really are

Anabolicollege17
11-19-2013, 09:26 PM
A stack of Numbers signed and then sewn onto a pro-cut jersey in that players size. They are in no way shape or form ISSUED. They are just authentic jerseys in a pro-cut form with most likely same features the player wears.

I remember someone asking me about this and not believing me. He said that each jersey was in fact issued and that they didn't sign 100 numbers. He thought the jerseys were made up and brought to the players to sign.

This puts that to rest. So when you see a jersey saying Authentic on NFL auctions and it has the same features as a gamer. It is no in fact Issued (unless stated). Any blue ink singed jersey is an Authentic. I have yet to see a game used jersey or Issued jersey on NFL auctions signed in blue ink. They do this on purpose.

Anabolicollege17
11-19-2013, 09:28 PM
http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j366/Dolfan1934/billssign_zps954782bf.jpg

Anabolicollege17
11-19-2013, 09:33 PM
They actually can be signed in black marker, but most are in blue. I just saw Brees saints signed in black.

COWBOYS4EVR
11-19-2013, 09:46 PM
What would u consider this one,

COWBOYS4EVR
11-19-2013, 09:47 PM
And this one, both from NFL Auctions

paul457
11-19-2013, 10:33 PM
Lately, the repeat, signed jerseys I see on NFL Auctions are listed as an 'authentic' jersey, I have not seen those same types of jersey listed as 'issued'. I'm not sure what the argument is - is listing them as 'authentic' somehow misleading?

They just listed a load of them today - Luck, RGIII, Schaub, A. Johnson, Slater, Brees... label them whatever you want, the people bidding on NFL Auctions LOVE to pay a 30% premium... on everything...

But in reality, for most players... if you stick a 'pro cut' and an 'issued' jersey next to each other, what's the difference? Other than a piece of paper telling you that your jersey went to the stadium.

Anabolicollege17
11-20-2013, 08:57 AM
Yeah they list them as Authentic now which is correct. I was just making this thread for a few members that I got into a debate with about it at start of season. They thought that the jerseys listed as Authentic were in fact auto issued jerseys (made for that player to wear, but never worn in game).

Just wanted to show how they do it. They sign the number then they apply the number to the blank jerseys. (most of the time the jersey is the players size and cut) Shaub jersey on NFL auctions now is where you get exceptions. He does not wear Line man cut.

Anabolicollege17
11-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Lately, the repeat, signed jerseys I see on NFL Auctions are listed as an 'authentic' jersey, I have not seen those same types of jersey listed as 'issued'. I'm not sure what the argument is - is listing them as 'authentic' somehow misleading?

They just listed a load of them today - Luck, RGIII, Schaub, A. Johnson, Slater, Brees... label them whatever you want, the people bidding on NFL Auctions LOVE to pay a 30% premium... on everything...

But in reality, for most players... if you stick a 'pro cut' and an 'issued' jersey next to each other, what's the difference? Other than a piece of paper telling you that your jersey went to the stadium.

No you missed the point lol. I was in fact stating that them being listed as Authentic is correct. They should not be listed as Issued as there was never an intent for it to be worn. What happens is you get people who win them and they wind up on ebay as game issued. I know some people who thought that the jerseys were already made up, and signed after the game then listed. When that is not the case at all. They are bulk numbers being signed then applied to that players style jersey match.

Anabolicollege17
11-20-2013, 09:05 AM
And this one, both from NFL Auctions

Cowboys it all depends on what your auction stated. If it was listed as authentic then it is the same as current NFL auctions jerseys. Signed numbers.

They look authentic. Most issued jerseys aren't even signed.

BU54CB
11-20-2013, 10:13 AM
A stack of Numbers signed and then sewn onto a pro-cut jersey in that players size. They are in no way shape or form ISSUED. They are just authentic jerseys in a pro-cut form with most likely same features the player wears.

I remember someone asking me about this and not believing me. He said that each jersey was in fact issued and that they didn't sign 100 numbers. He thought the jerseys were made up and brought to the players to sign.

This puts that to rest. So when you see a jersey saying Authentic on NFL auctions and it has the same features as a gamer. It is no in fact Issued (unless stated). Any blue ink singed jersey is an Authentic. I have yet to see a game used jersey or Issued jersey on NFL auctions signed in blue ink. They do this on purpose.

Where did these pictures come from?

paul457
11-20-2013, 11:15 AM
No you missed the point lol. I was in fact stating that them being listed as Authentic is correct. They should not be listed as Issued as there was never an intent for it to be worn. What happens is you get people who win them and they wind up on ebay as game issued. I know some people who thought that the jerseys were already made up, and signed after the game then listed. When that is not the case at all. They are bulk numbers being signed then applied to that players style jersey match.

Ah, gotcha. Hey at least we agree!!

Could be worse, this guy thinks one of those Lucks is "game worn"!!

http://helmetgame.com/nike-nfl-colts-andrew-luck-game-worn-jersey-36859/

Samets
11-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Here are some pictures and videos from this years rookie premier event... (http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/nfl-rookies-card-companies-wrap-up-4-days-at-rookie-premiere/)

The jerseys they are wearing are the ones that are cut up into the jersey cards for rookies. I'm personally OK with this versus actual game used jerseys...

Anabolicollege17
11-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Great to see my Phins wear white at events like this. We used to wear aqua, but its good to see our official home color is White now.

BU54CB
11-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Hey Anabolicollege17,

You never answered my question, where did the photos you posted come from?

Phil316
11-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Pics came from the Bills blog.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2013/08/14/18-bills-sign-nfl-auction-items/

Anabolicollege17
11-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey buc yeah Phil is right.Thanks Phil

BU54CB
11-25-2013, 11:23 AM
My question would be that since this is done for the Bills, the assumption is being made that this same practice happens with every team and that it is not possible that any of these jerseys would be issued?

ivo610
11-25-2013, 03:48 PM
My question would be that since this is done for the Bills, the assumption is being made that this same practice happens with every team and that it is not possible that any of these jerseys would be issued?

It's done with every team. Most of the jersey #s are signed at the pro bowl. This has been done for years.

swainer
11-25-2013, 03:58 PM
In 2010, I bought a handfull of Ndamukong Suh autographed jerseys off of the NFL.com auction site. I asked them if they were issued or just authentic and they didn't respond. I emailed the Lions and they said the NFL sends them the jerseys, they had Suh sign the jerseys and sent them back to the NFL. For what it is worth...

Peace,

John

Anabolicollege17
11-26-2013, 12:27 AM
If you bought a handful they were def most likely authentic. Issued jerseys aren't really auctioned in frequent like the authentics are.