PDA

View Full Version : LVS B310 Brett Butler

TNP777
11-18-2013, 11:11 PM
I am looking to find out when this model was ordered/produced for him. Can anyone point me in the right direction or maybe even directly answer the question?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, a follow up question. At some point in the past someone decided to lacquer this bat with a paint brush. Best way to remove it is... ? It was auto'd by Butler post-lacquer, but I'm not concerned with the auto'd removal. I can always get it redone.

Thanks!

TNP777
11-18-2013, 11:41 PM
If it helps or makes a difference, the barrel is cupped.

BMH
11-19-2013, 01:31 PM

TNP777
11-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Brian - thanks for the quick response. B310C: does the "C" stand for cupped? Otherwise there is no "C" designation on the bat that I can see. Any idea how to definitively tell when this particular bat was ordered?

BMH
11-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Yes, the C stands for cupped. It will not be on the bat unless one of our branders screws up and puts it on there.

As for telling when a bat was made it's hard to say especially if the player orders the same thing all the time.

TNP777
11-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Brian, once again - thanks.

I asked for some help on the game used forum and got some information on what FT, HICK, WALK and and HORN stand for. Based on that information, it looks like I have a Walker finish (light handle, dark barrel) and a cupped barrel, which narrows it down to one of three orders:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2a4th1y.jpg

Obviously, I would hope it was from the bottom order. The BASEBALL PROMOT and BASEBALL MISCEL orders were after the '82 season. What are the chances those bats would have eventually made it into a game in the '83 season? This particular bat has a cracked handle and barrel - those cracks were repaired at some point in the past.