PDA

View Full Version : NFL Auctions bidding

happyyoungster
11-18-2013, 11:00 AM
What's with all the cancelled bidders on NFL auctions? I've noticed quite a few bids cancelled over the last few weeks. People creating fake user names? Don't you have to have a credit card on file before bidding??

Samets
11-18-2013, 11:06 AM
I've noticed the same but don't know why.

I'm not sure if the new system requires credit cards, but the old system didn't.

jhunt28
11-18-2013, 11:39 AM
I have also noticed not only bids being cancelled, but numerous jerseys being sold multiple times. Ray Rice and Darren Sproles come to mind...

Steeleraddict
11-18-2013, 05:12 PM
How can you tell when bids have been cancelled? Other than the jersey being reposted days later

Samets
11-19-2013, 07:28 AM
One day a jersey you are watching drops over $1,000 will do the trick...

Steeleraddict
11-19-2013, 10:18 AM
I gotcha. But what ur saying is that their system allows u to place a bid then goes back and sees if ur qualified? If not, then NFL cancels it? What am I missing because that seems odd? Seriously.

Samets
11-19-2013, 11:46 AM
No one knows why the bids were removed.

I was not bidding on the item so I didn't look closely at it...

bballzs14
11-19-2013, 03:12 PM
I noticed certain circumstances where an explanation was given. For example, this happened on the recent Dez jersey that sold. Bids were deleted due to an error in the original listing which mentioned a specific game date and they later realized that they couldn't clearly identify the specific date the jersey was used and updated the listing. At that point they deleted the bids to give people a chance to get out of their bid given the new info about the jersey.

I do think there are also these phantom re-listings and double listings that aren't explained by the above.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-22-2013, 10:37 AM
From what I understand… People are getting Pre-paid Visa/ Mastercards from like Walmart or something with like $10.00 on them or something, creating accounts and the NFL Auctions system is recognizing them as legit credit cards, then the idiots are driving up bids on multiple items. When the first auction ends on an item that they win and the funds aren't there to pay for it, the bids on ALL items that this user bid on are also cancelled along with the bidder id. That is why you will see prices drip mid auction.
The guys at NFL Auctions are GREAT!!! They are the most honest and stand up guys around and do their best to keep things on the up and up… They have nothing at all to gain anyway- All the money goes to charity.
It's idiots screwing around on the site making things appear fishy… :(
Hope this helps.

Steeleraddict
11-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Seems like a lot of work to be an a&;hole. But not surprised anymore. Esp when one guy is bidding 5 or 10 bucks at a time. So very obvious.
..seems like the NFL guys are on top of it.
..noticed the Peyton manning game issued is back.def the same jersey.
Thx visual

happyyoungster
11-22-2013, 12:10 PM
From what I understand… People are getting Pre-paid Visa/ Mastercards from like Walmart or something with like $10.00 on them or something, creating accounts and the NFL Auctions system is recognizing them as legit credit cards, then the idiots are driving up bids on multiple items. When the first auction ends on an item that they win and the funds aren't there to pay for it, the bids on ALL items that this user bid on are also cancelled along with the bidder id. That is why you will see prices drip mid auction.
The guys at NFL Auctions are GREAT!!! They are the most honest and stand up guys around and do their best to keep things on the up and up… They have nothing at all to gain anyway- All the money goes to charity.
It's idiots screwing around on the site making things appear fishy… :(
Hope this helps.

Excellent work.

Samets
11-22-2013, 12:58 PM
I'll never understand people and the amount of free time they must have to mess with others...

Steeleraddict
11-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Jealousy