PDA

View Full Version : Sun Times Show Nov 22-24

ChiGuy1
11-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Anyone know if there is a list of of which companies will be at the show?

Also, anyone have any reccomendations for where to find some good deals there?

Thanks-

ChiGuy1
11-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Anyone have anything?

Also does anyone know how the photo-op works? Is the time that happens before the scheduled autograph signing?

BIGSTIG
11-22-2013, 07:03 PM
I have been quite a few times, as I only live 5 minutes away from the convention center. Sadly, most times I go, I regret wasting my time. I am into game used and focus on Chicago (cubs, bulls, bears & hawks) and there is usually minimal there, and if it is there, it is either expensive or lower end players.

Now if you are into cards or collectibles, I guess this would be the place to go...or if you want to get an autograph from one of your childhood heroes, or a present day player you like it is good for that (just be prepared to pay)

All that being said, I will probably get up in the morning, hop a cab over ($7), pay to get in ($10) prob have a hot dog, pretzel and a soda ($15) buy something to make myself feel justified for leaving the house in what will be 25 degrees out ($50-$100) and take a cab home ($7) when I get home I will say, why didnt you just buy that bat you want on ebay for $150 and taken your afternoon to watch college football :)

I am sure many other people have had much better experiences at this show, but for me just seems like the same c*** every time.

ENJOY :)

sox83cubs84
11-22-2013, 11:31 PM
I have been quite a few times, as I only live 5 minutes away from the convention center. Sadly, most times I go, I regret wasting my time. I am into game used and focus on Chicago (cubs, bulls, bears & hawks) and there is usually minimal there, and if it is there, it is either expensive or lower end players.

Now if you are into cards or collectibles, I guess this would be the place to go...or if you want to get an autograph from one of your childhood heroes, or a present day player you like it is good for that (just be prepared to pay)

All that being said, I will probably get up in the morning, hop a cab over ($7), pay to get in ($10) prob have a hot dog, pretzel and a soda ($15) buy something to make myself feel justified for leaving the house in what will be 25 degrees out ($50-$100) and take a cab home ($7) when I get home I will say, why didnt you just buy that bat you want on ebay for $150 and taken your afternoon to watch college football :)

I am sure many other people have had much better experiences at this show, but for me just seems like the same c*** every time.

ENJOY :)

Although I attend every show as a dealer assistant and occasional authenticator, I agree that actual game-used items of players are far fewer than they used to be. If you want retail jerseys, though, it's a paradise.

Another side note on high-end game used jerseys: There'll be some out on tables, but nearly all, if not all, will be ones showcased by the varied auction houses that set up there (though I noticed few, if any, today).

Dave Miedema

Samets
11-23-2013, 10:52 AM
If someone attends, can I get a report of what GU Bears stuff is/was there?

I always want to go but never find the time...

BHawk
11-23-2013, 08:53 PM
I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday). Is anyone selling 1970's common jerseys? How about stadium seats (or other relics)? Dave M., where will you be working? I'd like to meet you.

sox83cubs84
11-23-2013, 09:46 PM
I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday). Is anyone selling 1970's common jerseys? How about stadium seats (or other relics)? Dave M., where will you be working? I'd like to meet you.

Unfortunately, I won't be there on Sunday, as I'm going to a family dinner. Maybe in March or Cubs/ox shows...?

Dave Miedema

ChiGuy1
11-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Just got back. Wasn't too impressed with what they had. I didn't too many game used items. I saw a handful of things and wasn't anything special. Pretty disappointing as far as selection goes. Did see a nice jersey vendor with all chinese specials for sale.

tella27
12-11-2013, 11:17 PM
This is the first show I've missed in 5 years - I live in the city so its only about a 20 min drive. Every show has less and less to get excited about unless you want to look at cards. Other than that its like going to a garage sale. I have noticed that its more and more auction houses showing their upcoming auction items.