PDA

View Full Version : David Ortiz===Please read if you have anything Ortiz!

buc
11-14-2013, 08:02 PM
Evening All,
I received a phone call from a casual acquintance tonight in search of an Ortiz autographed ball. I told him that you could buy them anytime on ebay, check there (so on and so forth,) until he told me why he was looking for one. He is actually looking for one for a 12 yr old first baseman who lives where he lives in Virginia. The boy's Father passed away when he was 9, and his mother is a Type I diabetic who recently fell and broke both legs...needless to say, they can't afford to buy him one off ebay. The ball is going to be his Christmas present, and after hearing the story, I told him I would buy the ball. If you have one, or have something else of lower $$$ value, please let me know. I'd really like to make this a special Christmas for this boy.
Shane

buc
11-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Evening All,
I received a phone call from a casual acquintance tonight in search of an Ortiz autographed ball. I told him that you could buy them anytime on ebay, check there (so on and so forth,) until he told me why he was looking for one. He is actually looking for one for a 12 yr old first baseman who lives where he lives in Virginia. The boy's Father passed away when he was 9, and his mother is a Type I diabetic who recently fell and broke both legs...needless to say, they can't afford to buy him one off ebay. The ball is going to be his Christmas present, and after hearing the story, I told him I would buy the ball. If you have one, or have something else of lower $$$ value, please let me know. I'd really like to make this a special Christmas for this boy.
Shane
Two things...what I get for typing this and shopping on ebay at the same time. I did buy the ball, but wondering if anyone has something else they have so I could make this a special Christmas...game used batting gloves, broken bat barrel, anything that is low $$$$. And acquintance should be acquaintance!

jake33
11-15-2013, 06:24 AM
I am going to a sports card shop tomorrow, do you think Ortiz cards would be alright?

DJaeger22
11-15-2013, 08:49 AM
I would buy some cards off eBay as well if those would work.

buc
11-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Thank you for the responses! I actually put together all the Ortiz cards I have as well last night. If you want to send any you have, I'm sure they would be much appreciated! It does not sound like he had any cards, so all of this would make a great Christmas! PM me and I'll send you my address.

jimguitems
11-15-2013, 09:09 AM
Hello please email me at jbowley@thehighlandmint.com
We are a licensee of the league and have some awesome Ortiz items we produce here. I will be happy to get you an Ortiz item for him !

DJaeger22
11-15-2013, 01:01 PM
Buc, your pm's are turned off. If you wanna send me an email when you get a chance with your address I'll send some stuff your way.

buc
11-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Emails sent...and thank you ALL! I'll keep everyone posted after the fact as I've asked to be kept in the loop post-Christmas.

dangerzone79
11-15-2013, 02:28 PM
I have some GU jersey cards I'd be happy to donate. Email me at dangerzone79@gmail.com & I'll send em out for the kid.

Dan

emann
11-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Not specifically David Ortiz, but I have infield dirt from Fenway after the World Series. Happy to send some to him, kinda unique...

grindcrank@gmail.com