PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Experts....Please Look At This Canseco

DoctorLoomis
11-14-2013, 03:06 PM
http://catalog.scpauctions.com/1988-JOSE-CANSECO-SIGNED-OAKLAND-AS-GAME-WORN-HOM-LOT27012.aspx

Do you guys feel this jersey is legit?

joelsabi
11-14-2013, 03:23 PM
seems fine. missing a set tag?

what issue(s) do you have with it?

DoctorLoomis
11-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi Joel... I have no issue per se. I've simply been waiting for a solid Canseco gamer for a long time. Baseball jerseys are definitely not my area of expertise. I've heard horror stories concerning certain superstar game used baseball shirts and I'm trying to avoid making a bad purchase.

Btw....do you feel a set tag should be there?

joelsabi
11-14-2013, 04:14 PM
Hi Joel... I have no issue per se. I've simply been waiting for a solid Canseco gamer for a long time. Baseball jerseys are definitely not my area of expertise. I've heard horror stories concerning certain superstar game used baseball shirts and I'm trying to avoid making a bad purchase.

Btw....do you feel a set tag should be there?

It should but didn't seem to detract MEARS from giving it a A10.

Why would there be a marking "33" on the manufacture tag? Was this a player ordered jersey versus a team ordered jersey? Is that why there is no set tag? I know Canseco was the earliest player to market his jersey so maybe that is where this comes from. When player ordered jerseys are in the market, there seems to be a good supply of them. According to the COA there are 10 of them for 1988.

Just a hunch. I will wait for all the Canseco experts to chime in as there are 3 or 4 of them on the board.

DoctorLoomis
11-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Joel, the lack of a set tag....and the attached link below...have me skeptical. The attached jersey looks good and it appears longer than the SCP jersey which would be expected with the extra 2 inches of length. I think I'm gonna pass.

http://www.memorylaneinc.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=18993

joelsabi
11-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Joel, the lack of a set tag....and the attached link below...have me skeptical. The attached jersey looks good and it appears longer than the SCP jersey which would be expected with the extra 2 inches of length. I think I'm gonna pass.

http://www.memorylaneinc.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=18993

are you talking about the athletic cut on the other jersey? The jerseys should be the same length. When I did a comparison, the SCP looks shorter but its not entirely flat when photographed. it is hard to imagine MEARS not measuring the jersey when examining the jersey.

Can someone point out to me where on the MEARS sheet does the authenticated indicated that it is an athletic cut. I looked on jersey style but didnt see any question referring to whether the jersey had a tail or not.

again, waiting on a canseco experts to tell me the actual reason for the missing tag and whether it is related to being ordered by the player instead of the team. Where would that be mentioned on the MEAR authentication sheet?