PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan 1995-1996 Game Used Jersey only $3999.23 - Why is it still for sale?

trsent
11-10-2013, 02:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221312892061

Am I missing something - Under $4000.00 for a Michael Jordan 1995-1996 Game Used red road jersey? Isn't this a $20,000 - $50,000 jersey? Why isn't someone picking up this jersey at such a great price? If I owned this jersey I'd consign it to Goldin Auctions. He has sold them for at least five times the asking price for the auction.

sportscentury
11-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Is it my eyes or does the nameplate look very low? From the pictures, it appears that the top of the JORDAN nameplate is far more than six inches from the neck trim.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-10-2013, 02:52 PM
I would guess that the reason it is still for sale is because it is a fake... There were Many game issued jersey available to the public from that era and it is very easy to run one through your washing machine a few times to make it look USED... Plus the fact that it comes with a coa from the sellers own website make me wonder even more...
Also, the other Jordan gamer (with the gold NBA logo) for 10k that this same seller has listed comes with a FAKE Bulls letter. I have confirmed with the Bulls that this letter is counterfeit...

I do not trust this seller at all... Be very careful.

It has also been confirmed with the Bulls that the 2 other Jordan game used uniforms and sneakers listed on Ebay also have counterfeit team documentation shown in the listings...

They are all fakes...

Phil316
11-10-2013, 05:02 PM
This seller has been brought up before selling a bogus Bryant.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=57641&highlight=Jerseyking55

Steeleraddict
11-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi visual,
Thanks for the info. How do you go about contacting the bulls to,authenticate one of their letters? One of your contacts or can I just call? What did you think about the Jordan/Penny Marshall jersey in Goldins auction?
Thx again

nickacs
11-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Adding to what Visual said, EVERYTHING is wrong with this jersey:
- Front NBA logo is too far down
- Front spacing between 'BULLS' and '23' is way too much
- NOB letters are too far down
- Back '23' is way too far down; should be just below the lower armpit hole

And if you see ANY Bulls/CharitaBulls letters with just a one line, usually these fakes are in all caps too, stay AWAY.
The Bulls letter in the Goldin Auction is the perfect example of how a Bulls/CharitaBulls letter SHOULD read. There are several key areas of the letter in every one ever issued. They are always addressed to the recipient of who originally purchased the item; always has the CharitaBulls Federal TaxID# and ALWAYS is signed by either Jeff Schultz or Dave Kurland of the Bulls community relations department.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi visual,
Thanks for the info. How do you go about contacting the bulls to,authenticate one of their letters? One of your contacts or can I just call? What did you think about the Jordan/Penny Marshall jersey in Goldins auction?
Thx again

Hi.

Ok… where do I begin… I actually called the Bulls organization inquiring about the Penny Marshall jersey in Goldin Auctions. It was confirmed that the letter and jersey that went to auction were indeed sold to Penny Marshall. The letter and jersey are 10000% Authentic. To be honest, I am still upset that I didn't win it and wish that I would've went higher on it. I was actually the high bidder on that one almost all the way to the end… :(
It doesn't get much better than that one...

Next, When speaking to a Bulls representative(not sure if he would want me to put his name out there), I was also educated on a few things on when buying Jordan game used items in the future…

First and foremost- A LEGIT Bulls letter MUST be hand signed by either Jeff Schultz or David Kurland… If not hand signed- That is a dead giveaway that the letter is bogus… as we see with the ones on Ebay. They NEVER issued letters ending with TYPED- sincerely The Chicago Bulls, The Chicago Bulls Management, etc… Also, the gold trophies on the bottom of the letter MUST be raised.

The letter from Goldin Auctions and my personal letter issued directly from the Bulls are IDENTICAL and 100000% AUTHENTIC.
The ones in the Ebay listings are terrible. The Ebay ones are worded wrong, describe different parts of the item that a Team letter would not, and also the letterhead is laid out wrong and are missing signatures, one is missing raised trophies, etc… :confused:

Examples…

1.) BAD LETTER>>> No signature, Describing all different aspects of the jersey (Bulls DO NOT do this)

2.) BAD LETTER>>> Layout of letterhead is wrong, No signature, Trophies are not shiny gold and raised on bottom of letter…

3 & 4) AUTHENTIC LETTERS>>> Hand signed, Raised trophies on bottom, correct wording and layout in both…

Hope this helps…

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-10-2013, 09:33 PM

And if you see ANY Bulls/CharitaBulls letters with just a one line, usually these fakes are in all caps too, stay AWAY.
The Bulls letter in the Goldin Auction is the perfect example of how a Bulls/CharitaBulls letter SHOULD read. There are several key areas of the letter in every one ever issued. They are always addressed to the recipient of who originally purchased the item; always has the CharitaBulls Federal TaxID# and ALWAYS is signed by either Jeff Schultz or Dave Kurland of the Bulls community relations department.

WOW!!!! As I was typing you said it all for me. LOL!!! Very well said...

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Here's 2 more examples of FAKE Bulls letters from Jordan game used items currently listed for sale on Ebay…

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-10-2013, 09:53 PM

nickacs
11-10-2013, 10:34 PM
WOW!!!! As I was typing you said it all for me. LOL!!! Very well said...

LOL, I thought the same thing as you posted just after me! Great minds think a like I guess :) Thanks for more posts of the letters. They are all 100% perfect examples of good ones vs. fake ones.

trsent
11-11-2013, 09:25 AM

Hi.

Ok… where do I begin… I actually called the Bulls organization inquiring about the Penny Marshall jersey in Goldin Auctions. It was confirmed that the letter and jersey that went to auction were indeed sold to Penny Marshall. The letter and jersey are 10000% Authentic. To be honest, I am still upset that I didn't win it and wish that I would've went higher on it. I was actually the high bidder on that one almost all the way to the end… :(
It doesn't get much better than that one...

Next, When speaking to a Bulls representative(not sure if he would want me to put his name out there), I was also educated on a few things on when buying Jordan game used items in the future…

First and foremost- A LEGIT Bulls letter MUST be hand signed by either Jeff Schultz or David Kurland… If not hand signed- That is a dead giveaway that the letter is bogus… as we see with the ones on Ebay. They NEVER issued letters ending with TYPED- sincerely The Chicago Bulls, The Chicago Bulls Management, etc… Also, the gold trophies on the bottom of the letter MUST be raised.

The letter from Goldin Auctions and my personal letter issued directly from the Bulls are IDENTICAL and 100000% AUTHENTIC.
The ones in the Ebay listings are terrible. The Ebay ones are worded wrong, describe different parts of the item that a Team letter would not, and also the letterhead is laid out wrong and are missing signatures, one is missing raised trophies, etc… :confused:

Examples…

1.) BAD LETTER>>> No signature, Describing all different aspects of the jersey (Bulls DO NOT do this)

2.) BAD LETTER>>> Layout of letterhead is wrong, No signature, Trophies are not shiny gold and raised on bottom of letter…

3 & 4) AUTHENTIC LETTERS>>> Hand signed, Raised trophies on bottom, correct wording and layout in both…

Hope this helps…

I'm pretty sure your findings are 100% incorrect as I believe older Chicago Bulls letters were not necessarily signed by anyone. The letters you posted from the 1990's to Joe Filas and Sports Investments I'm pretty sure are not fakes.

I think it's best you do some more research before assuming every letter that doesn't follow the posted guidelines is not real as we all know there are questionable letters out there, but I'm pretty sure the stated facts about letters having to be signed is not true.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-11-2013, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty sure your findings are 100% incorrect as I believe older Chicago Bulls letters were not necessarily signed by anyone. The letters you posted from the 1990's to Joe Filas and Sports Investments I'm pretty sure are not fakes.

I think it's best you do some more research before assuming every letter that doesn't follow the posted guidelines is not real as we all know there are questionable letters out there, but I'm pretty sure the stated facts about letters having to be signed is not true.

Ummmm... I think that you should do some more research before responding in a thread that you know nothing about...
Every other word in your statements is "I'M PRETTY SURE'. Do some research as I've done, speak to people from the Bulls who actually issue the letters and know what they are talking about, then open your mouth...

trsent
11-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Ummmm... I think that you should do some more research before responding in a thread that you know nothing about...
Every other word in your statements is "I'M PRETTY SURE'. Do some research as I've done, speak to people from the Bulls who actually issue the letters and know what they are talking about, then open your mouth...

Do you have proof from The Chicago Bulls that those letters are fake? I know fakes have been floating around for years, but they always didn't sign their letters. Have you shown the letters posted as fake to The Bulls and received confirmation they are fake?

They always sign their letters? Always?

This is really serious and you to tell me to shut my mouth is not a way to discuss this situation it is an attack avoiding the topic being discussed.

You say here is how it is and I say you are wrong. It is none of your business, but I have spoken to The Bulls and I say the facts are wrong and seriously misleading.

Don't assume anything.

trsent
11-11-2013, 10:33 AM

By the way - I started this thread and it was derailed talking about Chicago Bulls letters and I posted the truth that the generalizations posted are false and not always true and yes I am pretty sure I'm right - You are 100% sure you are right and that's like believing in a fictitious god because your minister told you he talked to him last night. The facts posted previously in this thread about Chicago Bulls letters are not true.

Now, email those two letters without signature to The Chicago Bulls and ask if they are genuine or not. I'll await your reply.

Do you know Joe Filas and his company Sports Investments?

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Do you have proof from The Chicago Bulls that those letters are fake? I know fakes have been floating around for years, but they always didn't sign their letters. Have you shown the letters posted as fake to The Bulls and received confirmation they are fake?

They always sign their letters? Always?

This is really serious and you to tell me to shut my mouth is not a way to discuss this situation it is an attack avoiding the topic being discussed.

You say here is how it is and I say you are wrong. It is none of your business, but I have spoken to The Bulls and I say the facts are wrong and seriously misleading.

Don't assume anything.

Yes, I have gotten confirmation directly from the Bulls, when I was buying my Jordan jersey directly through them a few months ago, that the letters that I showed pics of are absolutely FAKE!
Bulls letters (issued over the last 20 years) MUST BE SIGNED!!!
Any information or facts that I gave in my previous posts is based on information given to me by the Bulls employee who issues the letters.
No one is assuming anything...

Is the problem that you have a jersey with an unsigned letter?????????????? Lol!!!!

trsent
11-11-2013, 10:53 AM
Yes, I have gotten confirmation directly from the Bulls, when I was buying my Jordan jersey directly through them a few months ago, that the letters that I showed pics of are absolutely FAKE!
Bulls letters (issued over the last 20 years) MUST BE SIGNED!!!
Any information or facts that I gave in my previous posts is based on information given to me by the Bulls employee who issues the letters.
No one is assuming anything...

Is the problem that you have a jersey with an unsigned letter?????????????? Lol!!!!

No - I don't own any jerseys with or without any letters so don't make an assumption. I have no finical gain in this but you stating that each and every Chicago Bulls Charity letter from the last 20 years has had a signature on it and I state you are wrong. 100% wrong.

No chance the statement that all Bulls Charity letters had a signature for 20 years is correct - None. Please do not mislead people because that is not fair to others.

Are there counterfeit Bulls Charity letters out there? Yes. Are all genuine ones autographed by a member of The Bulls front office? No.

trsent
11-11-2013, 10:55 AM

Really? This was your best method to discuss the topic? Ask me what I own?

I have nothing to gain but the truth is facts are posted previously that are not true.

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-11-2013, 11:11 AM
That's right… You're the guy who started the thread asking why an obvious FAKE jersey was still for sale… So you didn't know just by looking at the jersey that it was no good (as we did) but you are all of a sudden a COA expert though… :confused:

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
11-11-2013, 11:46 AM
No - I don't own any jerseys with or without any letters so don't make an assumption. I have no finical gain in this but you stating that each and every Chicago Bulls Charity letter from the last 20 years has had a signature on it and I state you are wrong. 100% wrong.

No chance the statement that all Bulls Charity letters had a signature for 20 years is correct - None. Please do not mislead people because that is not fair to others.

Are there counterfeit Bulls Charity letters out there? Yes. Are all genuine ones autographed by a member of The Bulls front office? No.

This will be my LAST post in this thread… Good Luck to all…

ChrisCavalier
11-11-2013, 12:21 PM
Hello Jay,

Thank you for posting your reply and thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread. I think this information is really useful for everyone and this thread will eventually be moved to the "Exceptional Educational Thread' folder.

At this point, given there were some posts that were on the verge of getting personal, I am going to lock the thread but leave it open for everyone to view given the information provided. This is especially true since there is information coming directly from Mr. Schultz with the Bulls organization.

Thanks again to all who contributed and I hope members can benefit from the information shared here.

Sincerely,
Chris