PDA

View Full Version : How A Way To See Ebay Feedback Buyer Info

3arod13
11-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I recall a thread about a way to see someones ebay ID. There was an item that sold, that I'm interested in letting the buyer know if they ever decide to sell it, to contact me first, as I'm interested.

I did a GUU search, but couldn't find it. Don't recall the title.

Anyone know how and/or can help?

MarlinsFan1993
11-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Once feedback for the item has been left, either by the seller or buyer, it will appear on the sellers feedback and you will be able to obtain the buyer ID then. Hope this helps.

3arod13
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Once feedback for the item has been left, either by the seller or buyer, it will appear on the sellers feedback and you will be able to obtain the buyer ID then. Hope this helps.

I used to work that way. I checked the sellers "left feedback for" and I can see the feedback left for the buyer, but it's not where I can see it entirely.

3arod13
11-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Seller left feedback. Buyer didn't. This is what I see when I check the sellers feedback left for buyers:

3arod13
11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
What's odd is some I can see completed and some aren't.

Dach0sen0ne
11-08-2013, 01:26 PM
You can still see the ID for feedback left on the EBay mobile site and mobile apps. It probably won't work forever, I see eBay fixing that shortly.

MarlinsFan1993
11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
That's odd. This method has always worked for me. Perhaps it was a private listing? What was the item, maybe I can give a look.

3arod13
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Here is the link. I only want to let the owner know that if they ever sell the jersey, to let me know first.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-JUAN-GONZALEZ-TEXAS-RANGERS-GAME-USED-WORN-ROOKIE-JERSEY-GREY-FLANNEL-LOA-/330991738229?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d10a51d75#ht_313wt_1264

swainer
11-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I would guess the winner was starman711.

Peace,

John

swainer
11-08-2013, 04:23 PM
I would guess the winner was starman711.

Peace,

John

after further review, that guess would be incorrect. Sorry.

joelsabi
11-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I recall a thread about a way to see someones ebay ID. There was an item that sold, that I'm interested in letting the buyer know if they ever decide to sell it, to contact me first, as I'm interested.

I did a GUU search, but couldn't find it. Don't recall the title.

Anyone know how and/or can help?

It is not possible with the current eBay policy as seller DSR are left anonymously by buyers. Even the open code eBay API for developers will not allow you to create a script that will query this information unfortunately.

The best advise is to ask the seller, who is the only one who has this information, to ask the buyer if with the buyers permission to provide the username for your said purpose. I would not want the seller to get in hot water for disclosing the buyer's userid as privacy of the buyer would be violated otherwise imho.

The other things you could do is keep tabs of people who are your competitors. The often resale items for ungrades and so forth. You can compare feedback rating numbers on your list to see if it matches the current feedback of someone you list. For example I can tell if you are the buyer of an ARod item I want want to keep tabs on based on your feedback number as it is on my list.

You may also get lucky and find that the buyer is selling something currently based on matching feedback number. For example I can query Juan Gonzalez in Game Used category and notice a seller with with a feedback number matching the feedback number of the buyer of an item i lost out on or want to keep track of. Remember also that the feedback number is called by a function so it will constantly change upward so you have to check both the current feedback of the buyer left by the seller and the current feedback of the seller.

Hope that makes sense.

beachpetrol
11-12-2013, 12:14 PM
I noticed recently if ebay sellers receive negative feedback, they will respond to the negative feedback with the buyers full ebay ID so that everyone can see who left the negative feedback, since ebay has blocked ebayers IDs in sellers feedback.

beachpetrol
11-12-2013, 12:17 PM
When I say "respond", I mean typing in the buyers full ebay ID in the response.