PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring NFL jerseys of lesser known players

michaellechner
11-06-2013, 12:30 PM
There are several former UGA players in the NFL and a few of them I would really love to get one of their jerseys from their current team.

I was wondering if you guys had any advice on this?

Some of them aren't big time players yet so their jerseys don't show up on NFL auctions. How do you guys go about getting jerseys of players that aren't superstars?

Some of the teams are Eagles, Redskins, Rams, Ravens, Lions, and Steelers.

If you guys have any advice to offer, I'd love to hear from you!

Thanks!

jhunt28
11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Any interest in a Quincy Carter photomatched Jets jersey?

michaellechner
11-06-2013, 03:54 PM
No, thanks though.

I'm interested in more recent players.

dplettn
11-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Geno Atkins.... fits the UGA bill, but certainly isn't lesser known

plettner at fuse dot net

PAC
11-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Geno Atkins.... fits the UGA bill, but certainly isn't lesser known

plettner at fuse dot net

AJ Green...certainly isn't lesser know but...oh wait, he asked for info on acquiring jerseys, not for people to just say random players who went to UGA

Steeleraddict
11-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Which Steeler jerseys are you looking for? I also have some lesser known steelers. Although Pittsburgh in general are hard to come by. I don't have Jarvis jones and haven't seen any out there. Good rookie. Hope he's worth a first round pick. I think he is so far.

dplettn
11-06-2013, 09:23 PM
AJ Green...certainly isn't lesser know but...oh wait, he asked for info on acquiring jerseys, not for people to just say random players who went to UGA

I'm well aware. We've got a UGA roster in Cincinnati. They've been good to us. Anyway, the point (which I thought was evident) is that I have an Atkins I would consider to sell or trade if he chooses to pursue it. In contrast, I do not have a Green that is available for sale or trade. Hence, I didn't mention Green or any other former UGA players.

michaellechner
11-07-2013, 08:36 AM
In what ways are NFL teams similar to MLB teams in the way they run game used equipment? I know many MLB teams have a contact that you can often email about stuff. Is it the same in the NFL?

Obviously I'm sure it depends on the team.

A few of the guys that I want to look into are rookies, some second or third year guys as well though.

Brandon Boykin, Orson Charles, Blair Walsh, Jarvis Jones, Marlon Brown, Alec Ogletree, Tavarres King(who actually hasn't had any playing time yet I don't think but I'm certain he will), Bacarri Rambo, and those are just give you an example of what I'm talking about.

Now I know due to my budget that I'd never be able to obtain all of these jerseys but just to give you an idea of the type of players I'm talking about.

They might not be guys that will be talked about on SportsCenter everyday.

So in this instance, what would be your advice? Team contact? Do teams have separate auction sites other from NFL auction?

BarryMeisel
11-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Michael,

MeiGray has a partnership with the Washington Redskins, so we can probably help you with a Rambo.

Call us toll-free at 888-463-4472 or e-mail Rob at rgrose@meigray.com

Thanks, Barry at MGG

perlman9
11-07-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey Steeleraddict, any chance you have any Spartan alumni?

scottishcowboy41
11-16-2013, 04:59 PM
NFL Safety Jakar Hamilton played for Georgia behind Bacari Rambo briefly before transferring schools. He went undrafted this year and signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a highly saught after free agent. He has been on their practice squad all season but was signed to the active roster a few weeks ago, getting some playing time against the Lions and more games since.

The NFLPA has an allstar bowl game every season for up and coming NFL prospects, similar to the Senior Bowl. I have Jakar Hamilton's #20 game worn NFLPA jersey from this year's game. It's a Reebok 12-42 white jersey for the "American" team. It shows great game use and is unlaundered.