PDA

View Full Version : Titans experts needed. Sleeve logos

Anabolicollege17
11-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Hey I came across a game worn jersey from 2004. Its the home navy version. I noticed the titans sleeve logos are screen printed on the jersey. I have another jersey from the same year that has really nice sewn on logos. Why is this jersey silk screened? Its the only one I've seen like it. I'm sure there are many more out there.

Preston your a big Titans guy perhaps you can chime in on this. Thanks buddy

-Matthew

Aloving77
11-04-2013, 08:59 PM
I'm probably the second biggest Titans collector after Preston. The titans screen print the sleeve logos on some jerseys, not sure when they started doing it, but it's usually found on jerseys that are prone to being grabbed or held (offensive linemen and running backs for example.) I know that I own several that have screened on sleeve logos.

Anabolicollege17
11-04-2013, 11:19 PM
oh ok yes the jersey is a line man. Why would they silk screen line man though? Wouldn't it make sense to sew there logos so they don't scuff up. We all know silk screen can lose its sharpness if tugged on enough.

Mattapan03
11-04-2013, 11:23 PM
Hey I came across a game worn jersey from 2004. Its the home navy version. I noticed the titans sleeve logos are screen printed on the jersey. I have another jersey from the same year that has really nice sewn on logos. Why is this jersey silk screened? Its the only one I've seen like it. I'm sure there are many more out there.

-Matthew

I thought you dont like Reebok jersey's ;)

Anabolicollege17
11-04-2013, 11:34 PM
I like them. I just like Nike better :)

Anabolicollege17
11-04-2013, 11:34 PM
10 years from now I can be saying I like Under Armour the best, or Adidas who knows.

Preston
11-05-2013, 12:08 AM

-Matthew

Agree w/ Adam on this - some of the time they went with screening the logos vs. sewing them on. There's no rhyme or reason as to when but most of the jerseys that this happened to seemed to be between 2003-2008. I've got quite a few in my collection as well.

Anabolicollege17
11-05-2013, 11:06 PM
You guys see the bids on this Locker. Whoa

abstractheory
11-06-2013, 12:39 AM
I thought you dont like Reebok jersey's ;)

:D

I heard the quality sucks-ass and that the numbers wrinkle and stuff.

Anabolicollege17
11-06-2013, 08:24 AM
here we go with abstract. Lol if he only knew Matt. If he only knew lol