PDA

View Full Version : LOCKER PLATES thinning out plastic

jake33
11-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I work for a platics company and often times, I will look at the quality of plastic on items and I have noticed a trend over the last couple years with lockerplates.

I have a number of locker plates from 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2009.

Also, have a few 213 locker plates and I can tell right away tht the plastic the companies are using is signficantly thinner than what was previously used in MLB from 10 years ago.

The cost savings these comapnies get from thinning out the plastic on nameplates really is not an overwhelming dollar amount, so I am surprised they went to cheapen their product. I guess the thought process is that the nameplates are meant to just be firm and hold in place, but the overall product looks and feels a lot cheaper.

Anywone else notice this trend?

kellsox
11-04-2013, 07:19 PM
My thought is, why would they put any more $ than they have to for a sign that hangs above a players locker then gets taken down after 3 days? I never quite understood the "collectability" of locker tags. They weren't used in the game and have no real connection to the player. Next thing that teams will start selling is " game used" hangars that were in a players locker....

Roady
11-04-2013, 09:43 PM
They would look good in a display I think. Especially if you make a locker display.