PDA

View Full Version : Alvin Harper Bucs helmet from ebay

jake33
10-31-2013, 10:53 AM
UGH!!!

Just missed out on a grail item, becuase the seller did not list it under "game used."

If anyone on the forum picke dup this Alvin Harper Game used Buccaneers helmet for $305+ * shipping, I will pay you $450 for this helmet today.

Email jahimiak33@yahoo.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Alvin-Harper-Aurographed-GAME-WORN-Helmet-Dallas-super-/151150049350?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item23313eb846&nma=true&si=MMRT%252B57NCvJnobRLqu3VOcIDexA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_405wt_1135

camarokids
10-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Do a saved search with game worn as well as game used. Looks nice sorry you missed out......

jake33
10-31-2013, 12:29 PM
my mistake was that i often look under the game sued category.

The seller had it listed under "autographed helmets"

For people not into the game used hobby, I think that can be somewhat common. I think most people really think that the value an item being autographed way over an item being game used, when really the selling point on the game used item is that it is game used.

I run into people that try to sell me a common player gmae used jersye that is signed by the player and the seller will emphasis to me "but it is autographed!"

And I am like so what? I don't value that on most game used items, especially as most of us ahve seen a horrible looking autograph on a game used item can actually hurt the value.

ironmanfan
10-31-2013, 03:13 PM
I always search by key words and never categories

Texans
11-04-2013, 08:49 PM
Did you ask the seller if they can give you his ebay id? Or you can hope the buyer leave feedback and track them that way. Good luck

Jojo

jake33
11-06-2013, 05:57 AM
Yes, contacted the seller 2-3 times with no reply giving my contact information to pass along to the buyer.

I am doing google searches and even posting on my ebay listings that if anyone ahs that helmet I would buy it from them

abstractheory
11-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Worst feeling in the world as a game used collector. I have a helmet that I missed out on 5 years ago because I lost track of time and didn't bid in time (serves me right, I guess, for trying to snipe).

I still think of that stupid helmet (Mike Horan, Broncos old D helmet) to this day.

Hopefully it turns up for you. I'm still waiting on mine :(

jake33
11-06-2013, 10:36 AM
What I have done before, which has worked is by doing a google search by this "(Sellers EBAY ID) feedback ebay"

By doing that I have once before tracked down a buyer.

The thing is though, that the seller has to leave feedback and you would have a lot of crap to look through, but you can locate a bidder this way.

In a way, it is like a reverse lookup

Dach0sen0ne
11-07-2013, 04:09 PM
Looks like eBay is blocking bidder ids, so you can't see who wins an item anymore. I noticed that you can still see them in the mobile site and through eBay apps. I'm sure it's a matter of time before they block those too. Anyways, looks like a forum member might have one this helmet.

Jags Fan Dan
11-07-2013, 05:11 PM
I would say it's a safe bet the winning bidder has seen this post by now...sorry if it didn't work out, Jake, I was pulling for you.:(

jake33
11-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Well, what is interesting about this forum, is almost every single weekend I get a random email from someone who likely was doing a google search and wanted to see if I had an item that I sold 3 years ago still for sale.

So hopefully, down the line this post come sup ona google search anf I get contacted by the person wanting to sell the Alvin Harper game used old logo Tampa Bay Buccaneers Autographed/AUTO/Signed game worn helmet.

By the way my email once again is jahimiak33@yahoo.com

RMoody
11-08-2013, 11:03 AM
Look at the feedback the seller leaves, trace the item number back at you should find the buyer. Contact them that way, worked for me several times.

jhunt28
11-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Well, what is interesting about this forum, is almost every single weekend I get a random email from someone who likely was doing a google search and wanted to see if I had an item that I sold 3 years ago still for sale.

So hopefully, down the line this post come sup ona google search anf I get contacted by the person wanting to sell the Alvin Harper game used old logo Tampa Bay Buccaneers Autographed/AUTO/Signed game worn helmet.

By the way my email once again is jahimiak33@yahoo.com

I'm pretty sure I have already contacted you about 4 days ago, and said that I was going to keep the helmet, since I had interest in it for my own collection. But if I was thinking of selling it, I would reach out to you and let you have the first crack at it.

jake33
11-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Wow. I was able to work out a deal with Jon to get this helmet.

Was able to match it up to the first ever Bucs game that I ever went to in 1995 in Lambeau against Green Bay in a horrible 35-13 loss. I was 14 at the time and got Harper's auto before the game.

I am so thrilled to be able to finally get a game used Bucs helmet that is ID'd to a player, able to photo match it and even worn at the first Bucs game I ever went to.

I own super bowl 37 game used Bucs items, and this helmet will be my all time favorite Buccaneers item.

Dach0sen0ne
11-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Wow. I was able to work out a deal with Jon to get this helmet.

Was able to match it up to the first ever Bucs game that I ever went to in 1995 in Lambeau against Green Bay in a horrible 35-13 loss. I was 14 at the time and got Harper's auto before the game.

I am so thrilled to be able to finally get a game used Bucs helmet that is ID'd to a player, able to photo match it and even worn at the first Bucs game I ever went to.

I own super bowl 37 game used Bucs items, and this helmet will be my all time favorite Buccaneers item.

That's awesome! Jon must be a really good guy and it's cool this thread had such a happy ending.

jake33
11-17-2013, 11:54 AM
I put together this video with photo and style matches from each game in 1995 that Alvin wore this game used Buccaneers helmet....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Or8-gd2avs&feature=youtu.be

jhunt28
11-18-2013, 05:58 AM
Jake,
This is truly incredible!! I'm so excited that this helmet is going to such a happy place! Watching reactions like yours, and being able to connect grails with collectors is what this hobby is all about! You're going to love this helmet!!