PDA

View Full Version : PSA/DNA certification sticker not on jersey?

aallanson
10-28-2013, 01:18 PM
So, I am confused, and I was hoping someone can help me.
I recently purchased a game worn AFL Legacy jersey from 2009. It comes with a COA from PSA/DNA. When I look up the cert on psadna.com, it indicates that the jersey is game worn, and it is from the player in question, etc. Everything looks good, but this is where the confusion sets in... There is no sticker ON the jersey itself to indicate that the jersey belongs with the COA. There is a sticker on the back of the COA, but, again, not on the jersey itself. Am I missing something? Is this one of those "you can only see a hidden mark with a black light" things, or should I be worried? I know I am being vague, but I don't want to out a seller until I know what's what. Don't want to jump to any conclusions. Can anyone help?

Alan

trsent
10-28-2013, 01:28 PM
So, I am confused, and I was hoping someone can help me.
I recently purchased a game worn AFL Legacy jersey from 2009. It comes with a COA from PSA/DNA. When I look up the cert on psadna.com, it indicates that the jersey is game worn, and it is from the player in question, etc. Everything looks good, but this is where the confusion sets in... There is no sticker ON the jersey itself to indicate that the jersey belongs with the COA. There is a sticker on the back of the COA, but, again, not on the jersey itself. Am I missing something? Is this one of those "you can only see a hidden mark with a black light" things, or should I be worried? I know I am being vague, but I don't want to out a seller until I know what's what. Don't want to jump to any conclusions. Can anyone help?

Alan

I didn't know they were doing that with jerseys, but they are often putting the stickers on their full letters of authenticity and not on the items itself.

I would call Collector's Universe customer service with your question. (800) 325-1121

aallanson
10-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Addendum: it looks like both stickers ( the tiny psa sticker that matches the cert, and the larger typed on label) both traditionally found ON the jersey are actually stuck on the back of the psa cert card itself. Does that mean someone removed them? Shouldn't they be "tamper proof?"

aallanson
10-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I didn't know they were doing that with jerseys, but they are often putting the stickers on their full letters of authenticity and not on the items itself.

I would call Collector's Universe customer service with your question. (800) 325-1121

Thanks for your response!

Seller says,

"Howdy, not sure I follow you. The jersey came with the sticker put the sticker kept falling off the Jersey so I stuck it in the back of the card. If you want to stick the sticker back in the Jersey you can?"

So much for tamperproof PSA stickers, huh? Wish I was informed about this in auction. Anyway...another vote of confidence for PSA (pooch screwing authentication).

mbrieve
10-28-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks for your response!

Seller says,

"Howdy, not sure I follow you. The jersey came with the sticker put the sticker kept falling off the Jersey so I stuck it in the back of the card. If you want to stick the sticker back in the Jersey you can?"

So much for tamperproof PSA stickers, huh? Wish I was informed about this in auction. Anyway...another vote of confidence for PSA (pooch screwing authentication).

This was going to be my guess. I think some stickers/holograms are more tamper proof then others. If it was already kind of falling off, it probably didn't have a chance to break a part (that is usually what tamper proof entails). I wouldn't be too worried about it.

aallanson
10-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks for your response, mbrieve. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions. I try to give the benefit of doubt to the seller (which might be dangerous in this hobby). I was more annoyed at PSA/DNA. What's the point of the sticker if it won't stay on? Bright side is that there isn't a stupid sticker on the game used jersey. I think I read in one of Mulligans' (RIP) old threads that the jerseys from this game were washed by the team prior to them being sold publicly. I am happy with the jersey. i was just a little confused (story of my life).

Mattapan03
10-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Which game was it from?

Certain AFL Legacy games had jersey's that were washed and then sold, while others did not.

aallanson
10-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Which game was it from?

Certain AFL Legacy games had jersey's that were washed and then sold, while others did not.

Patriots vs. Broncos, October 11, 2009.

Mattapan03
10-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Patriots vs. Broncos, October 11, 2009.

I guess my next question was it a Patriots jersey or Broncos jersey?

I dont own a jersey from this game, but my understanding is the Patriots did wash this set, while the Broncos did not. Hopefully someone else can verify.

aallanson
10-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Patriots. I meant to actually answer that in my last response. Got a little trigger happy and pushed return (typing on an Ipad while stuck here).:)