PDA

View Full Version : Donovan McNabb rookie jersey on eBay

Oil Can Dan
11-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Hello,

I know that Barry Meigray sometimes frequents the forum so I figured I'd post this to see if he or anyone else has any input on this rookie McNabb jersey currenty up for auction on eBay. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eagles-DONOVAN-McNABB-99-Rookie-game-used-worn-jersey_W0QQitemZ280052957886QQihZ018QQcategoryZ868 29QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

According to the seller the jersey does not have any repairs or show any game use. I confirmed that the letters from the Eagles are unsigned, as they appear in the pictures, too. The thing that puzzles me is that this 1999 Puma jersey is a size 50, and two other McNabb jersey's I've seen (a 2002 from Meigray & a 2004 on American Memorabilia) were both size 50 (but those were Reeboks).

Wouldn't it stand to reason that McNabb would be wearing a smaller size *earlier* in his career than later? Or is there a chance that a 52 Puma = a 50 in Reebok?

The other somewhat bizarre thing (to me, at least) is that this is supposed to have been worn during a December 12th, 1999 vs Dallas, and I can't find one single picture from that game on Corbis or Getty. There are pictures from every other Eagle & Cowboy game there but none for that one. How weird is that?

In any event, I welcome any thoughts by anyone on this jersey as I am interested in bidding on it but dont' know jack about McNabb jerseys.

Oil Can Dan
12-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Just noticed a typo in my original note. The jersey currently on eBay is a size 52, whereas the two others (a 2002 & a 2004) were size 50's. I also contacted the Eagles in regards to two 2005 McNabb jersey's listed on their website and they are both size 50 as well.

So why would there be a 1999 McNabb jersey at size 52 and three post-1999 jerseys' all size 50? As mentioned before, the 1999 size 52 is Puma where the others are all Reebok. Does anyone have any idea if that may warrant the difference in sizes?

BarryMeisel
12-05-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi Dan,

Sorry for the late reply ... but I can confirm that we have marketed five game-worn McNabbs, all direct from the Eagles.

All five were size 50s: Two from 2002, one from 2003, two from 2004.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Oil Can Dan
12-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the reply, Barry. I ended up passing on the item although I tend to believe it was legit. I actually intended to make a last second bid but my internet connection crapped out at the worst possible time. Oh well.

By the way, heck of a sale you have going on right now. I suspect your shipping dept is going to be busy!