PDA

View Full Version : I think I've created a monster part 2

sportsnbikes
10-27-2013, 09:46 PM
In June I wrote about my son Elijah getting a bat from Jeff Francouer. Well maybe these players just like this little guy because at the Chiefs game today after warm-ups, Tyler Bray gave my son his QB towel. I thought that was cool and those towels are neat. It would've been a cool souvenir by itself. But then something cooler happened. I have been to a few games this year and Dwayne Bowe always jumps up to the stands with fans to celebrate after the game. I timed it so we could be there to celebrate with him. I picked my son up so he could see and maybe get a high five. D-Bowe had other ideas. He grabbed my son, pulled him onto the rail with him, took off his game gloves and gave them to my son. Then, he took off his under helmet cap and put it on my son's head. After that, he posed for pictures to all the press people on the field with Elijah right by his side. The kid was BEAMING but was so star struck that I don't think he knew what to say or do. I can't wait to see the Getty images

Any way it was another very special memory in KC.

nevrdiez34
10-27-2013, 09:54 PM
Awesome story!! Would you mind if I borrowed Elijah for a few games next year? I'd like some game used items directly from the source myself!

sportsnbikes
10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Awesome story!! Would you mind if I borrowed Elijah for a few games next year? I'd like some game used items directly from the source myself!

LOL. That'd be fine but you'd have to fight him for the items! LOL. He loves it. Lucky little SH.

sportsnbikes
10-27-2013, 10:11 PM
And here's a style match for the Lil guy. This pic is from last week's game.

MLB~NUT
10-28-2013, 12:32 AM
Ha, Very Cool...:D Thats a Lucky little man, congrats to him!

Phil316
10-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Creating some awesome memories right there. Very cool. This story made me smile. Thanks for sharing. :):):):):):):):):):)

PAC
10-28-2013, 05:33 AM
That's awesome. Love it.

sportsnbikes
10-28-2013, 12:18 PM
It brought tears of joy to see that smile on his face; literally.

But then again, I'm a baby. I cry when when someone wins the world series.

ChrisCavalier
10-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Actually, have you thought of renting him out? Might bring you some good supplemental income :)

On a serious note, what a wonderful experience for your son. I also have to say it was pretty cool for Bowe to do that as well. Maybe they are trying to be more fan friendly because the Chiefs are having such a lousy season ;)

gaytorhater703
10-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Nice to see former Tigers repping LSU well!!!!!

Jags Fan Dan
10-28-2013, 12:44 PM
That's awesome! I have thought about how humbling it would/should be for a player to see a kid wearing his jersey, glad he recognized a fan when he saw one!:)

Anabolicollege17
10-28-2013, 09:02 PM
Good looking kid thats why. Kid looks like the next Tom Brady

sportsnbikes
10-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Good looking kid thats why. Kid looks like the next Tom Brady

LOL. Thanks. He does throw the ball pretty well.

sportsnbikes
10-29-2013, 12:20 AM
That's awesome! I have thought about how humbling it would/should be for a player to see a kid wearing his jersey, glad he recognized a fan when he saw one!:)

I think that's probably what did it. Good thing he didn't know the replica jersey was on sale at TJ Maxx for 9.99. LOL. Who doesn't like a great deal??

sportsnbikes
10-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Actually, have you thought of renting him out? Might bring you some good supplemental income :)

On a serious note, what a wonderful experience for your son. I also have to say it was pretty cool for Bowe to do that as well. Maybe they are trying to be more fan friendly because the Chiefs are having such a lousy season ;)

LOL. Hopefully they can get the O going and really put the hammer down. Yes agreed great experience, cool dad point and some cool souvenirs.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to get them displayed for him. I was thinking it would be cool if when Bowe signed somewhere here in KC and my son was here for a visit that we could go get them signed. I'm also hoping that some pics are posted to getty. Some from the front view. I'm just not sure if the autograph would look good. One side is a rubbery type material. I am not sure of the top half. The kid would barely let me touch them. LOL. He took them to his moms so I can't check them now. Some gloves I've seen, the autograph bleeds or fades.

Does anyone with experience on game used football gloves have any advice? Should the boy and I pursue an autograph before I get them framed for him?

3arod13
10-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Thanks for sharing! That is so awesome!!!

aallanson
10-29-2013, 06:52 AM
LOL. Hopefully they can get the O going and really put the hammer down. Yes agreed great experience, cool dad point and some cool souvenirs.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to get them displayed for him. I was thinking it would be cool if when Bowe signed somewhere here in KC and my son was here for a visit that we could go get them signed. I'm also hoping that some pics are posted to getty. Some from the front view. I'm just not sure if the autograph would look good. One side is a rubbery type material. I am not sure of the top half. The kid would barely let me touch them. LOL. He took them to his moms so I can't check them now. Some gloves I've seen, the autograph bleeds or fades.

Does anyone with experience on game used football gloves have any advice? Should the boy and I pursue an autograph before I get them framed for him?

This story is so awesome. Just when I get down about all the negative sports stories and all the negative hobby-related stories, I am told one like this and I remember why I started collecting in the first place.

Re: the autograph query, While I am not a huge fan of autographs on game worn items, getting an autograph would be great. It would also give your son a chance to re-live the story. My initial thoughts would be to have a nice picture of the moment autographed and personalized and framed WITH the gloves in some type of shadowbox. I think that would look amazing. Just my two cents. I would love to hear what other people think.

beef
10-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Thats awesome jeff! Now we've got another collector for life on our hands.

I wouldn't think autographs on the gloves are necessary, I've never seen a crisp signature on gloves. Like mentioned before a good shadowbox with pictures in it too would be classy. -Ryan ps told you it would be an easy win for the chiefs ;)

sportsnbikes
10-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Thats awesome jeff! Now we've got another collector for life on our hands.

I wouldn't think autographs on the gloves are necessary, I've never seen a crisp signature on gloves. Like mentioned before a good shadowbox with pictures in it too would be classy. -Ryan ps told you it would be an easy win for the chiefs ;)

LOL you were right.

I am trying to find a front view picture from the photographers on the field. I haven't seen any yet and by this time last week, they had photos on getty from the game. I reached out to the Chiefs hoping they can put me in touch with someone who can help. I would like to get one for a shadow box. Crossing fingers.

Thanks for all the suggestions and all the nice compliments.

sportsnbikes
10-30-2013, 07:55 PM
Still no pictures on Getty. I have searched and searched. I have e-mailed countless photographers after getting their names off the various websites and also e-mailed the KC Star. No luck thus far!

If anyone sees any pics by chance from 10/27/13, please let me know!

Thanks!

Rob L
10-31-2013, 08:21 PM
Awesome!!!!

sportsnbikes
11-02-2013, 12:03 PM
After searching the internet for hours and sending tweets and searching Facebook, and e-mailing numerous photographers from Getty, KC Star, and Chiefs, one photographer knew another photographer and I was finally able to get 2 pics.

gorphils
11-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Personally I have never seen batting gloves or others that ever held a nice autograph. I don't think that signing them on the rubbery part would look good and at some point the signature would fade and probably bleed. Leave them unsigned. If you get a chance to meet him...get a copy of the photo signed instead. Much easier .

Dach0sen0ne
11-02-2013, 05:22 PM
After searching the internet for hours and sending tweets and searching Facebook, and e-mailing numerous photographers from Getty, KC Star, and Chiefs, one photographer knew another photographer and I was finally able to get 2 pics.

They look awesome! I'm glad you were able to track them down.

BrianK
11-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Photos are fantastic. Congrats on tracking them down. I agree, get the photo signed instead of the gloves.

sportsnbikes
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
FYI that's not me behind him! But here is one of me from the week before! I was a little wild if you can't tell by the amount of cups in my hand. I don't drink around my kids so if they're not with us I partake. LOL. I feel bad because I was probably a little too aggressive and leaning into that guy!

sportsnbikes
11-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Oh and thanks for the suggestions. I think you all are right. I'm going to have the picture printed and signed sometime when he has a public signing. Hopefully it's on a weekend when the kids are here!! After that, I think a shadowbox would look nice.