PDA

View Full Version : More valuable GU jersey..Special edition or everyday jersey?

Steeleraddict
10-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Which jersey commands a higher value...say for Trout, Harper, Pujols etc enter your favorite star....a special edition jersey like #42 Jackie Robinson used once during the season? A throwback jersey used for maybe a home stand (3-4x)? These may not have their nameplate sewn on. Ones with patches etc.?

Or their everyday jersey with moderate to little use showing as you get with today's jerseys?
Or even their minor league jersey?

Would one command 1.5x- 2x the value or 2/3 the value?

Thx

jbean023
10-24-2013, 09:38 PM
The everyday jerseys are only moderate use for some teams, there are still a fair amount of teams out there that don't flood the market. The special edition jerseys always bring more money but I would rather have an everyday jersey.

emann
10-24-2013, 11:20 PM
The everyday jerseys are only moderate use for some teams, there are still a fair amount of teams out there that don't flood the market. The special edition jerseys always bring more money but I would rather have an everyday jersey.

+1 (in most cases).

MLB~NUT
10-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Depends, Id prefer a everyday jersey that was used in more games! Although my favorite GU jersey in my collection, is my 2013 M. Holliday Saturday Alternate with the #6 Stan Musial patch!

Id love to have the same but GU from this coming Saturdays WS game, with both the Musial and 2013 WS patches!:D

Jags Fan Dan
10-25-2013, 08:42 AM
One cool thing about the throwbacks or special "one game only" uniforms is that it seems they are less likely to be washed and ironically therefore sometimes show more use than the everyday uniforms.

Steeleraddict
10-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Great point. What about say #42 Jackie Robinson day jersey where there is no name plate on the teams that usually do? Higher value?

Jags Fan Dan
10-25-2013, 12:59 PM
Great point. What about say #42 Jackie Robinson day jersey where there is no name plate on the teams that usually do? Higher value?

My observations on those, at least Cincinnati Reds ones, is that regular jerseys seem to go for more.