PDA

View Full Version : Tablet For Inventory

jbean023
10-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Im looking to buy a new tablet and do an inventory of all my items, would like to take pictures and put them on the tablet as well so something with a usb port or able to store lots of photos. Does anyone have any advice on what tablet I should get for this? My main use for the tablet will be to use for games, internet, inventory(maybe other excel sheets), reading, and whatever other neat things I can find.

Hoosier39
10-24-2013, 08:21 PM
An iPad is only for surfing the net and taking photos, nothing more. If you are wanting excel, you might as well get a laptop.

Phil316
10-24-2013, 09:26 PM
I have Microsoft surface 2. If you have the money to spend you might wanna look into it. It is great for inventory purposes and runs office. It comes with a front and back camera. I managed to help out here at the Microsoft campus testing the product and got mine for free. They start at 899.99.

jbean023
10-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks the advice so far, I have a laptop don't want to use that. I know some of you collectors have to have those windows tablets or kindle fire 2s or the new ones. You can inventory with other programs besides excel, any other ideas? Wasn't there a program you could pay for that makes an inventory easier, that was a thread awhile back?

Phil316
10-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Good luck in your search :)

MLB~NUT
10-24-2013, 11:42 PM
The new Samsung galaxy tablet 10.1 are Killer, they start at $500!:)

Misha
10-25-2013, 05:02 AM
I'd go for the iPad air or if u want something lighter, the new iPad mini 2. Both will come with iWork and iLife free as opposed to the $100/year license fee MS is charging for Office 365.

iWork has the Apple versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint. With the huge update to these, they are now 100% compatible with Office. You can even work on the same document with you using your iPad and someone using a PC. Those who talk about incompatibility are not familiar with the latest versions.

iLife has iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand, all of which have also just been overhauled and will be free now.

Check this out for all the latest on these
http://www.apple.com/creativity-apps/ios/

For other apps, no one can compete with the apple App Store. And since they check all apps before releasing them you don't have to worry about malicious apps that have invaded the android store in the past.

No USB, but I'm not sure why I need one since anything I do in iWork, iLife, email, messages, camera, calendar etc etc automatically syncs with my mac and iPhone, Apple TV.

And after service. If you have an apple store near you, you can take free lessons in how to use your product, or pay to have an expert help you set up your own particular project.

Ever since my younger brother persuaded me to switch to mac in 2006 I've been in love. Can't you tell? Haha

jbean023
10-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks for all the advice, anyone else?

Hoosier39
10-26-2013, 12:19 PM
What type of phone do you have? The reason I ask is because I have an iPhone and I got the Galaxy tablet. It was nice but I was so used to my iPhone I had to take it back and get an iPad mini because I couldn't deal with the differences. It drove me crazy.

Same could be said for those that don't have iPhones too tho.I shopped around and found that the iPad mini was perfect for me. I liked how it could fit in my hands better than the regular iPad and I still found a case with a wireless keyboard. I use it everyday.