PDA

View Full Version : LVS Bats Being Prepared for Upcoming WS

ironmanfan
10-21-2013, 02:45 PM
I saw this on Yahoo! and thought it was pretty cool and wanted to share it with the GUF community:

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/louisville-slugger-bats-being-prepared-for-world-series-1382376632-slideshow/

KGoldin
10-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Like it

BMH
10-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Most of them shipped yesterday so they didn't make it for the first game. We have more leaving today. So hopefully you will be seeing more of them the next few days. We changed up some of the branding on several of the orders. We sent out old "M9" style branding along side the new oval. We also changed the back brand on some of the bats.

We've decided that the pad printed oval comes off too easy so we are moving towards a decal for the center brand again. This decal has less material overhang so it will have a better look to it.

BMH
10-24-2013, 07:04 AM
...and I forgot to attach the pic.:o

Sotystl
10-24-2013, 08:29 AM
That is pretty cool. Thank you for sharing.

tigerdale
10-24-2013, 11:39 AM
It was hard to get a good look at a lot of the barrels, the Victorino one in the photo shows Boston Red Sox where I thought 2013 World Series would be printed...can you show a photo of a world series barrell? Thanks!!

BMH
10-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Ah, that is another point. Some of them are going to say 2013 World Series and others will have the team names. Chuck wants to get away from using the "World Series" bottom line because he believes a lot of players will keep them as souvie's instead of using them in games.

We pay MLB a lot of money to use the WS line so I don't know...

MLB~NUT
10-25-2013, 12:10 AM
Ah, that is another point. Some of them are going to say 2013 World Series and others will have the team names. Chuck wants to get away from using the "World Series" bottom line because he believes a lot of players will keep them as souvie's instead of using them in games.

We pay MLB a lot of money to use the WS line so I don't know...

Will Matt Holliday be receiving any of these wonderful bats Brian?:)

tigerdale
10-25-2013, 05:57 AM
I hope you keep using the 'world series' line....Louisville Slugger World Series bats are such a part of the fall classic!! Its tradition!!

soxbats
10-26-2013, 09:23 PM
BMH if the bats do not have the World Series notation on the barrel, is there any stamping on the knob that would indicate it is a World Series bat?

Thanks

MLB~NUT
10-27-2013, 12:27 AM
I hope you keep using the 'world series' line....Louisville Slugger World Series bats are such a part of the fall classic!! Its tradition!!

I agree,;) ... Otherwise whats the difference, I don't blame any player for keeping one for a souvenir...:cool:

Chris78
10-27-2013, 05:40 AM
BMH,

I bought a 2009 Carlos Ruiz Louisville Slugger bat with 2009 World Series engraved on the bat. How many of these bats exist? I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks,

Chris

BMH
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Will Matt Holliday be receiving any of these wonderful bats Brian?:)

I think we made four for him. Whether he uses them or not is another matter.

BMH
10-27-2013, 10:06 PM
BMH if the bats do not have the World Series notation on the barrel, is there any stamping on the knob that would indicate it is a World Series bat?

Thanks

Just the manufacturer's date.

It started over the production ticket was printed with the team name on it. So our brander who knew better decided to put the team name on some of the bats because that is what the ticket said. Sales decided it wasn't a bad thing and wants to do away with it.

MLB~NUT
10-28-2013, 12:28 AM
I think we made four for him. Whether he uses them or not is another matter.

Thanks, Brian!;)

dangerzone79
10-28-2013, 01:09 AM
BMH, thanks for all of this info. I noticed that for most of Bogaerts call-up this year he's been using his MLB Selects from the minors, but I THINK I saw a newer one recently during the WS with his name on it, were these made for him recently? Thanks again for helping us all out!

Dan

BMH
10-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Yes, come to find out he preferred his MLB Select M110's they had a thicker handle than the M110's coming off our CNC lathe. So he sent one in and I made a copy of it for him. It's the XB72.