PDA

View Full Version : Big League Challenge (2001-2003)

TNTtoys
10-21-2013, 12:25 PM
All,

Not sure how many of you remember the Big League Challenge, a Home Run hitting contest that took place annually from 2000-2003 at Cashman Field in Las Vegas? Top sluggers of the game donned special jerseys with their names on them in place of the teams (Piazza, Sosa, Bonds, Thomas, Canseco, Glaus, Palmeiro, Giambi to name a few). In fact, McFarlane made several Chase figures of these players in their Big League Challenge uniforms.

Long story short, I own three of these such jerseys, and am looking to sell now. I don't believe they are overly expensive jerseys, but I honestly do not know what they are worth.

The following jerseys are for sale:

1. Richard Hidalgo (worn on Feb 11, 2001). Jersey is black with the name HIDALGO (all caps) sideways on the front and you can see Richard wearing it in the group photo below.

2. Troy Glaus (worn on Feb 7, 2003). Jersey is red with the name "glaus" (all lowercase) across the front. 2nd photo below shows Glaus wearing the jersey at the event.

3. Sammy Sosa (worn on Feb 7, 2003). Jersey is blue with the name "sosa" (all lowercase) across the front. I was unable to locate a photo of Sosa wearing this jersey on the web; however, I did find a photo from the event with another player wearing his (Arod). This is the 3rd photo below.

As I really don't know what these are worth, I would like to suggest a price of $350 each with best offer considered. If in the event $350 is on the mark (or even cheap), all yours at this price, no questions answered. If in the event it is too high, please feel free to send a suggested price that is more accurate.

Thanks,
Nick
TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

TNTtoys
10-31-2013, 09:41 AM
All,

It looks like all of the interest has been on the Sosa jersey, and got me to think that the prices for the others were a little too high. In fact, I am knocking the prices down on all 3 jerseys.

Effective immediately, here are the new prices:

Sammy Sosa: $300
Troy Glaus: $225
Richard Hidalgo: $175

It is not often you see anything from the BLC available for sale. I cannot remember the last time I saw one of these surface.

Nick

TNTtoys
11-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Bump.

Sammy Sosa: $275
Troy Glaus: $200
Richard Hidalgo: $150

Jags Fan Dan
11-13-2013, 02:48 PM
I know it's not worth anything more to you than a bump on this thread, but I think those are very cool and obviously very unique. Unfortunately just not something that would go in my collection.

TNTtoys
11-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Here are a couple of rough photos of the Glaus.

TNTtoys
12-08-2013, 03:07 AM
Sosa jersey is sold and paid for now. Thanks again...

Glaus and Hidalgo will be heading to ebay shortly if nobody else is interested.

TNTtoys
01-14-2014, 01:47 PM
Update -- Both the Sosa and Hidalgo jerseys are sold. I gacve the Glaus a few runs on ebay and didn't receive an offer higher than $150. I decided to pull it.

I would like to offer the Glaus again on this forum for that same offer price of $150 (plus shipping). I figure if that's the best I could do, I might as well offer it to fellow forum members at this price.

Nick
TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

xpress34
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
Nick -

Sent you an eMail.

- Smitty