PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers and Kaepernick on NFL Auctions

DoctorLoomis
10-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Any of you guys on here making a run at either of these jerseys?

happyyoungster
10-16-2013, 09:44 AM
$29,210...

JDubbs73
10-16-2013, 12:09 PM
$29,210...

WOW!

jhunt28
10-16-2013, 12:42 PM
That's the price that the Rodgers sold for????

Dewey2007
10-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Sure did. Looks like a bidding war broke out on this one.

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=71892&pgmode2=ten

That's the price that the Rodgers sold for????

Samets
10-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Congrats to the new owner!
I'm sure it will bring them years of enjoyment.

trsent
10-16-2013, 03:08 PM
Was this jersey for Breast Cancer Awareness or for the team?

All over the page it shows BCA logos and pink, but the auction description doesn't mention the charity and it reads: "Please note: No charitable deductions will be offered for the items."

It is sort of misleading how the web site promotes Breast Cancer Awareness but the auction doesn't appear to be for charity but the charity is mentioned all over the web page and there is a BCA logo next to the auction title but it is all very fishy and strange.

Steeleraddict
10-16-2013, 03:43 PM
If u want my humble opinion, lately provenance direct from MLB, NBA and NFL has tremendous or at least some value. With the discussion about D.C. Sports, J.O. Sports and various auction houses. Some LOA's are now certainly suspect.
In this arena reputation is everything.
I for one have steered to as ironclad provenance as I can get. Can't even trust certain NFL players word. Maybe another Greenbay QB not named Rodgers?

JDubbs73
10-16-2013, 04:35 PM
Was this jersey for Breast Cancer Awareness or for the team?

All over the page it shows BCA logos and pink, but the auction description doesn't mention the charity and it reads: "Please note: No charitable deductions will be offered for the items."

It is sort of misleading how the web site promotes Breast Cancer Awareness but the auction doesn't appear to be for charity but the charity is mentioned all over the web page and there is a BCA logo next to the auction title but it is all very fishy and strange.

I believe that the proceeds do benefit the charity/charities identified on the BCA page, but that the winning bidder (purchaser) is not eligible for a charitable tax deduction. In theory, you can only take a deduction for the amount that you paid in excess of the item's market value. Burden of proof regarding market value falls upon the tax payer.

ivo610
10-16-2013, 10:16 PM
If u want my humble opinion, lately provenance direct from MLB, NBA and NFL has tremendous or at least some value. With the discussion about D.C. Sports, J.O. Sports and various auction houses. Some LOA's are now certainly suspect.
In this arena reputation is everything.
I for one have steered to as ironclad provenance as I can get. Can't even trust certain NFL players word. Maybe another Greenbay QB not named Rodgers?

Nfl auctions screws up several times a year. Favre faked his jerseys. Teams have sold bad stuff. Nothing is ironclad in this hobby.

Nothing beats knowing what you are buying, educate yourself and you can authenticate your own items.