PDA

View Full Version : Retail Jersey's With 0062 Code..........

kylehess10
11-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I heard recently about people cutting the 0062 tag off cheap game worn jersey's and re-sewing them onto superstar player's retail jerseys. Would anybody happen to have a picture of what the tag looks like re-sewn and one that's original? I'd like to see for my future purchases of game worn jerseys so I can easily spot a fake.

Kyle

jessicawinters
11-29-2006, 12:53 AM
The worse thing is that the tags arent even from cheap gamers. They are manufactured and printed in bulk and sewn onto the jerseys.

For pictures. just search "0062" in this forum. Chris Boyd had recently talked about it.

kylehess10
11-29-2006, 09:17 AM
The worse thing is that the tags arent even from cheap gamers. They are manufactured and printed in bulk and sewn onto the jerseys.

For pictures. just search "0062" in this forum. Chris Boyd had recently talked about it.

Thanks, I just found the post. It's horrible how people are doing that.

Nathan
11-29-2006, 03:55 PM
MLB REALLY needs to look at a better system than what is currently in place, because the fact that we're a month away from 2007 and this is what passes for good in insanity.

Let me see if I have this straight. One random numerical string is supposed to be used for retail, and one other one is supposed to be used for gamers. But that's not always the case, as some slip through the cracks both ways. Baseball wear on a jersey isn't terribly hard to doctor, so using the numerical codes to authenticate is basically worthless.

In hockey, there's more eye-rolling now than ever over "Well, teams did funny things back in the day". It's a true statement (i.e. multi-piece nameplates, odd recycling tendencies), but it still rings the same way on a questionable jersey as the "impeccable clubhouse source".

Barry Meisel, this is a direct call to you. I love what you've done cleaning up much of the NHL in this regard, and it's a shame that the deal with the Texas Rangers isn't still going on because that was something that certainly was a thousand times better than what passes for the status quo.

indyred
11-29-2006, 11:28 PM
MLB REALLY needs to look at a better system than what is currently in place, because the fact that we're a month away from 2007 and this is what passes for good in insanity.

Barry Meisel, this is a direct call to you. I love what you've done cleaning up much of the NHL in this regard, and it's a shame that the deal with the Texas Rangers isn't still going on because that was something that certainly was a thousand times better than what passes for the status quo.

I agree. I was glad to see Meigray pick up another team outside of hockey. They just picked up last years Memphis Grizzlies game used jerseys . The hobby is so much better with there type of authentication. I know it's not a big money revenue for teams on selling there game used stuff, but you would think they would want to preserve the intergity of there stuff more.