PDA

View Full Version : I am not refunding money on uninsured packages

jake33
10-11-2013, 12:05 PM
A forum member threatened to "blast me" on GUU if I did not refund his money. I am going to check to see if by chance USPS still have that $50 of free insurance and the box was labeled fragile. But regardless there was not mention of insuraning the package, so i take no responsibility for that. I am not offering a refund, but if I get funds back from USPS, I will pass all of them on to the buyer.

To start the thread myself and not buckle to a email threat, let's jsut start this thread going. I will be very forthcoming and if people want to label me a prick or whatevr, so be it.

13 batting helmet stands were paid for with shipping included. They were packaged in a large carboard box with packaging materials that I had available. And according to the receiver "all of them broke." First, that is all fixable with crazy glue.

Witha $27.15 shipping, and selling the helmet stands for half what I paid, and the fact that insurance was never mentioned by the buyer, I will not give refund.

I can certainly see his side of it and I do have a calous attitude towards it, where I do not care to compensate him.

In full disclosure, I do the bare minimum when it comes to shipping items. I will use packaging to protect the item(s). I will provide a tracking number to cover myself on a claim that a shipment is lost, but I never pay for insurance, nor do I even ask a prospective buyer if they want insurance. If someone requests it, then I will charge a fee and again to cover myself, i will then get insurance on an item. But as many of you may know from experience of me shipping nameplates, I reuse materials and send it as cheap as possible.

I usually post that shipping is free with an item, and I will provide inside the box/package the item as I originally described and I will packaged it will materials that I have had a track record with in not getting damages. I certainly do not wish for any item I ship to get damaged, but if someone does no ask insurance, I will respond to all emails, but you will not willingly get a refund from me. So, going forward expect this behavior from me.

The buyer states that I packaged the product poorly. In my opinion, the product is a poorly made product, which is why I sold and in fact stated the reason i am selling those helmet stands is that I made a better built helmet stand. Those old helmet stands, most likely would break if you even dropped them from your waste. With they type of fragility, the only thing that would have guranteed the item to not break would be a form fitted styrofoam wrap on the item, which does not even exist.

So anyone please feel free to point out how I am in the wrong. Again, I see the otherside of this and I would be upset as well if I received a damaged item. But I stick to the fact that if insurance is not requested, I have no obligation to provide assistance with a damaged item that is received.

SSB15
10-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Stay Away From This Seller!!!! He Shipped The Helmet Stands Not Properly Packaged And All Of The Stands Came In Broken. Had He Properly Packaged The Stands, Then They Would Not Have Come In Broken. He Did Not Even Use Bubble Wrap..he Refuses To Refunds My Money.

Plus He Did Not Even Offer Insurance. He Basically Stated That He Would Ship The Items For A Certain Price. As A Seller, You Must Properly Package The Items. He Basically Stuck Fragile Stands In A Weak Box Without Bubble Wrap And The Stands Rattled Around The Box And Broke.

MercyMe78
10-11-2013, 01:00 PM
I personally don't have an opinion on this but you could just let PayPal/your credit card decide who is right on this..

michaellechner
10-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I personally don't have an opinion on this but you could just let PayPal/your credit card decide who is right on this..

Yeah, this isn't the place for this.

I will say though that I have bought from Jake in the past. He's an honest, and reliable seller.

otismalibu
10-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Insurance is protection for the seller.
See eBay.

jake33
10-11-2013, 01:13 PM
I have over 500 transactions over the last 4 years based off of GUU and my overall track record is up to each's own opinion, plus a 1000+ ebay rating.

Factually speaking, I did not misrepresent the items I sold to this buyer. they were packaged as good as I possibly could have packaged them.

The fact that I sold them becuase I stated that I can construct a better product should attest to the quality of the item, more than the packaging, becuase I can assume the new batting helmet stand that I made, would ship undamaged in worse packaging that what I used on his shipment.

My general stance on negative statements being spoken and/or said about me is that I do not care what is said about me as long as it is factual.

metsbats
10-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Just a reminder as per our GUF C2C policy:

"In this forum, Game Used Universe will have no involvement in the evaluations of items or the transactions whatsoever nor will Game Used Universe moderate this forum. If there are any problems with transactions they will need to be resolved independent of Game Used Universe."

Please resolve this matter offline.

Any further attempts to post new threads or replies on this transaction will be removed.

Thanks
-David