PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Winter Warm-up Tix on Sale

allstarsplus
11-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Here's the link for anyone interested in the Cardinals Winter Warm-up

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stl/fan_forum/winter_warmup.jsp

DonTheLegend
11-29-2006, 01:21 AM
nice. i didnt think they went on sale until December.

looks like they went up a bit too.

looking forward to it. its a very nice event.

stlbats
11-29-2006, 08:36 PM
it is a very nice event. it seems to go up every year though. i expect auto tickets to be really blown up.

jason

Rboitano
11-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Yes they must have felt a need to raise prices because of the big free agent signings of Kip Wells and Adam Kennedy. Haha, Im still amazed they won.

DonTheLegend
11-30-2006, 05:42 AM
it is a very nice event. it seems to go up every year though. i expect auto tickets to be really blown up.

jason

yeah, i cringe every year when the new player/ price list comes out. its a good thing they dont list auction prices along with the items that they are bringing out.

even as a harcore collector of Cardinal crap, i cant justify paying some of those ransomes....er, auto prices.

although i have over paid at times because i just cant get out and run players down like i did 10 years ago as a kid. work, wife and kids have a wierd way of limiting my hobby time.

still looking forword to pissing some money away at the event none the less.

rose14
11-30-2006, 10:29 PM
I went two years ago and I wanted to try to get Pujols sign a game used bat of mine. Well he was charging $200 or $250 and that was only if you were lucky enough to get one of the only 100 autograph tickets that they were selling for Pujols. They did not presell them as you had to be there the first thing that Sunday morning and they had people lining up at 2am to get in line. They were also selling scratch off like lottery tickets where the were a couple of Pujols autograph tickets that could be won. I would have been pissed if I had purchased one since I found out that Pujols decided not to sign baseball bats while he was there.

stlbats
11-30-2006, 10:54 PM
hello.
two years ago pujols was $95 or $100. last year he was $150, which is the highest yet. he only will sign balls or flat photos. he is pretty much a prick. they did presale most of the pujols tickets the weekend before, only selling a handful on each of the actual wwu days. 6 to be exact on sunday morning and you had to have your number picked to buy one. your best bet is the presale. i think they should all sign for everyone willing to pay the ridiculous prices, even if it is for charity.

jason

ilovesandwiches
12-01-2006, 10:35 PM
What do the admission tickets cover, since you have to pay for autographes?

Joel

Birdbats
12-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Joel,

There are several free autograph guests -- some younger players, some retired players. There are presentations by everyone from the owners to the batboys. There are games for the kids to play. And, of course, admission gives you access to the six silent auctions and six live auctions, the Cardinals "store" that sells game-used items, a large card/memorabilia show with local and national dealers, and everything else. Thousands of people will go to this event and not pay for a single autograph. The Cardinals Web site has more information that will be updated right up until the event.