PDA

View Full Version : Has any one heard that Mulligans passed away?

ctguy212003
09-30-2013, 04:36 PM
I got a text today. Wasn't sure if it was true

JDubbs73
09-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Very, very sad. Appears to be true. There's an article in the Stoughton Patch.

commando
09-30-2013, 04:50 PM
I got a text today. Wasn't sure if it was true

Eh? His last post was on Sep. 12, a couple of weeks ago.

I certainly hope it's not true.

DoctorLoomis
09-30-2013, 05:06 PM
This is awful, but true. I dealt with Jeff and was always pleased. He was a really nice guy. The game worn Peyton Manning jersey I posted about today came from Jeff. Very sad......

KGoldin
09-30-2013, 05:12 PM
OMG
I am hoping this is not true
wow
wow

KGoldin
09-30-2013, 05:20 PM
sorry to say it is true
http://stoughton.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/about-town-with-mark-snyder-stoughton-real-estate-owner-remembered-fondly

Thoughts and prayers with his wife and family. I wish I can say we met in person, but we spoke on the phone and in email often, and he loved the hobby. He will be missed.

DoctorLoomis
09-30-2013, 05:21 PM
He has a few auctions still running on eBay right now. I wonder if his wife knows......

metsbats
09-30-2013, 06:03 PM
Prayers and thoughts with Jeff's family.

Here's a link to his obituary

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/southofboston-enterprise/obituary.aspx?n=jeffrey-a-ciffolillo&pid=167146926&fhid=25394#fbLoggedOut

pacman2680
09-30-2013, 06:07 PM
I am speechless, I can't believe this is true. He was one of the few honest and good people in the hobby.

jhunt28
09-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Wow...This is heartbreaking. Jeff was a fantastic man...and a tremendous asset to this hobby. He was a true family man. He will be missed dearly. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Mattapan03
09-30-2013, 06:19 PM
What in the world? This is awful. Heartbreaking news.

Does anyone know what happened?

Ive had nothing but the best times communicating with him.

ChrisCavalier
09-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Just read the obituary and I am stunned by his passing. Jeff seems to have touched the lives of many. My heart goes out to his family.

The forum moderators have discussed it and David Louie will be taking up a collection to be given on behalf of GUU forum members. David will be making a post on this shortly.

Still feeling stunned.

Anabolicollege17
09-30-2013, 06:38 PM
are you serious? No! This man was great. Please someone get info on flower arrangements. R.I.P Jeff you will be missed and deserve your name at the top of the site as a Sticky.

-Your friend

Matthew

plinvestments
09-30-2013, 06:43 PM
What a loss. I've always enjoyed my conversations with Jeff. RIP my friend.

DoctorLoomis
09-30-2013, 06:47 PM
I sent him a cashiers check for a large sum of money....to buy the Manning gamer....and I never once was worried. I just "knew" my money was safe....and it was. As a collector and hobbyist, today I am sad.

yanks12025
09-30-2013, 07:27 PM
Wow that's very sad to hear. RIP and wish his family the best during this sad time.

nickacs
09-30-2013, 07:42 PM
OMG, I am totally in awe and can't believe it :(

RIP bro, you were a great person and such a great contributor and helper on this forum. Prayers for you and your family. You will be missed.

akrover
09-30-2013, 07:45 PM
What horrible news. Jeff was always so nice & willing to help/share/teach. He was always one of the people who came to mind when thinking about what is right with this hobby. Just so sad for his wife and two kids.

sox83cubs84
09-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I didn't really know Jeff the way many of you did, but the words and thoughts on this thread express what a decent and good man he obviously was. My prayers go out to his wife and kids, as well as others badly shaken by his loss.

Dave Miedema

MiLe HigH
09-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Very sad news! RIP Jeff. The community lost a true asset. He has a stellar FB collection. Hopefully his family and children will benefit from his collection. Maybe Ken can help with auctioning his insane collection to help with things.

emann
09-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Very sad news... His posts were informative & his collection was nothing short of amazing for Celts, Bruins, or Patriots fan.

abstractheory
09-30-2013, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=emann;336464]Very sad news... His posts were informative

Very, very true. A true asset to the community. RIP

tom1315
09-30-2013, 09:09 PM
A true loss for our forum and hobby. A class act and one who will be sorely missed. We indeed will keep his family in our thoughts and prayers.

Tom

Go Pack! NC State graduate

Phil316
09-30-2013, 09:46 PM
OMG rest in peace Jeff.

trsent
09-30-2013, 09:46 PM
I'm sadden to hear of the loss of one of our strongest members. One of his biggest works was against fraud in the industry that appeared to continue from one seller over the years. This thread just about sums it up:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=55252

49 is too young and with our family loss I hope it reminds us all to value life everyday. Love your family and don't forget it isn't forever. We often forget to appreciate each day.

BIGSTIG
09-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Wow, what a sad day. I had the pleasure of dealing with jeff once what a great guy. Will be missed by many in this hobby and in many other places as well.

TNTtoys
09-30-2013, 10:22 PM
I have dealt with Jeff on a number of occasions too, but I will best remember him as the guy who took an unscrupulous ebay seller to task on the People's Court. The episode was priceless; I couldn't believe that anyone would go through the extent that Jeff did to help clean up our hobby. He will truly be missed...

Anabolicollege17
09-30-2013, 10:58 PM
I know his son loves the hobby as well and will continue in his footsteps. He should be proud of his sons.

I will never forget when Jeff put that asshole in his place for all to see what a slimy piece of garbage he is. I won't even say his name. Jeff had the balls to step up to him and he made all of us proud knowing the scum was forever tarnished.

Anabolicollege17
09-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Most importantly he never had a bad thing to say about any member. If you were new and asked a question that some vets may find annoying and respond in a not so nice manner, he would never do that. He was always helpful and showed so much respect to the newest of new, all the way to the vets of vet. Never ever had a bad thing to say, and always treated peoples monies, and belongings with the up most care, knowing he would want the same for himself and his family. So sad : ( :mad:

kudu
09-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Very sad to hear this. He was a great contributor to this website and others as well. Will truly be missed in the GU community. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

I always enjoyed his GU Chargers pick ups. On another collector website, he mentioned how the powder blues were one of his favorite style jerseys. This Sunday, I will wear my powder blues just for him. RIP Jeff.

Puig66
10-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Very alarming and disturbing news. I don't know this man personally but it appears the hobby has lost a true ambassador, a good man of integrity and moral fortitude. My deepest heartfelt condolences to his entire family, and in particular, to his young sons.

I may have missed it somewhere, but was the cause of death disclosed anywhere? It was mentioned his passing was sudden and unexpected. The first thing that comes to mind is a heart attack, but who knows. I understand the family may prefer privacy, and that certainly is to be respected. But its such a troubled world these days, full of disturbed minds. He shamed this turd on National TV. We should all live such a proud righteous moment. I hope there is no reason to question the cause of death of this 49 year old man. I pray for the family it is confirmed his passing was from natural causes.

May he rest in peace. And please accept my apologies if my comments have offended anyone at this difficult time. I assure you that was not my intent.

Bram

sportscentury
10-01-2013, 08:02 AM
sorry to say it is true
http://stoughton.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/about-town-with-mark-snyder-stoughton-real-estate-owner-remembered-fondly

Thoughts and prayers with his wife and family. I wish I can say we met in person, but we spoke on the phone and in email often, and he loved the hobby. He will be missed.

I am blown away and very saddened by this news. Jeff was a terrific guy -- a true hobby good guy and very passionate sports fan. This is horrible news.

yankees506
10-01-2013, 09:18 AM
Us as memebers of the gu community can only hope to be remembered the way jeff will be. A true gentleman and great example of what game used is all about, his passion came through in every post. I can only say he is already missed, RIP

jeffaary
10-01-2013, 10:08 AM
The obits say he died at a Norwood hospital, but another website that has an interview with one of his friends says he succumbed at the Patriots-Bucs game. He must have had a heart attack or an aneurysm. At least he went out doing what he loved.

gorilla777
10-01-2013, 10:10 AM
That is sad news, much too young. Condolences to his family, RIP Jeff

otismalibu
10-01-2013, 11:39 AM
RIP, Jeff.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/otismalibu/Jeff86_zpsa63c1901.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/user/otismalibu/media/Jeff86_zpsa63c1901.jpg.html)

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
10-01-2013, 11:42 AM
Devistating news!!! So sad. I spoke to Jeff at least once or twice a week and I must say he was always a pleasure to talk to. Not only dealing with game used items but I actually considered him a friend. The most honest, knowledgable, helpful and nicest person I've met in the hobby thus far.

Rest in peace Jeff... You were the best!!!

joelsabi
10-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Jeff was a really good person. He was willing to share information with a neophyte like myself when it came to New England GU equipment. I will always remember a kind man and also a man who stood up for the hobby by taking a scammer to task on People's Court. He will be missed here.

My condolence to his family.

cliffjmp33
10-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Very sad news indeed. I never had the chance to meet Jeff, but hearing all the wonderful words about him on here makes me wish I had.

My condolences to his family and friends. Rest In Peace Jeff.

Eric
10-01-2013, 07:45 PM
This is terribly sad news. I used to email with Jeff about the hobby quite a bit. Honest and kind guy. Rest in peace.
Eric

hockeytigers
10-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I am stunned! I met Jeff through this forum a few years back and we developed quite a friendship over the years. Easily one of the nicest and greatest guys I have ever met!

I've lost a friend...

gwh11
10-02-2013, 08:02 AM
A great loss. His passion and excitement for the hobby were obvious, especially if you ever had the chance to have a conversation with him. Those "GU" stickers were certainly his calling card. He'll be missed by people throughout the country.
-Guy

slab0meat
10-02-2013, 09:08 AM
Wow, I just saw this thread, and I'm shocked as well.

I only knew him from his posts and loved seeing his high-end stuff, along with the information he shared.

Prayers to the family and friends.

RIP.

:(

3arod13
10-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Thoughts, prayers and condolences to Jeff's friends and family. Although many here maybe haven't met in person, relationships built to where it seems you've know each other forever. And when things like this happen, it hits very deep and close to home. I truly sad day!!

dcgreg25
10-02-2013, 10:13 AM
A truly sad day for GUU and collectors. We lost a friend and fellow collector but my heart breaks for his family who lost much more. RIP.

bdeol44
10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Wow...so sorry to hear this. Being new to the hobby, Jeff was always available to communicate with me and share his knowledge. I will cherish the emails I shared with him. I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and was surprised Jeff never responded, it wasnt like him. RIP my friend, god bless.

r_phelps
10-05-2013, 08:23 AM
Rip jeff

metsbats
10-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Guys,

Just a reminder we are still collecting donations to send to Jeff's family. Last day to send your donation will be next Friday 10/11.

Please follow the link for instructions on how to donate:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=57519

Chris will be sending a check made out to the Father Bill's and MindSpring along with a card and letter containing a link to this thread.

We think it'll be really nice for the family to see how much Jeff was loved and respected in the game used community not just a fellow collector but as a wonderful human being.

Thanks
David