PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Game Worn 2012

DoctorLoomis
09-30-2013, 02:47 PM
Hope you enjoy the photos..........

Anabolicollege17
09-30-2013, 06:57 PM
Wow Loomis Mulligans really came through for you. As he did many of us. Great to see you got an awesome piece from an even more awesome member. It now is extra special.

R.I.P Jeff

DoctorLoomis
09-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Wow Loomis Mulligans really came through for you. As he did many of us. Great to see you got an awesome piece from an even more awesome member. It now is extra special.

R.I.P Jeff

Well said. I sent him a rather large cashiers check and I never once was worried. His credibility was never in doubt. I'm sad for Jeff and his family......

jmeekins33
10-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Incredible. I'm really impressed with that jersey.

Manning is playing like a machine this season too.

Anabolicollege17
10-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Yes he is! I just love how its the 2012 version with the 2 tone collar. I'm of the few who think it looked really unique and cool. Really glad most teams only used it 1 year so it adds a nice rarity to them. The 2 tone navy looks really cool on the orange crush. One of my favorite jerseys Loomis, you have a gem.

1- Sold to you by Jeff
2- Manning 1st year as Bronco
3- Orange Crush first year bringing back at home
4- Captain patch
5- 2 tone collar worn 1 year
6- Break out season 1st off injury and year off
7- This year he is beasting.

Overall.... 10 stars of 10 stars investment.

jmeekins33
10-10-2013, 01:08 AM
Love the Bronco's LOA. Wow. Also, the orange jersey is the best looking color in my opinion.

I've been a huge Manning fan for many years.

DoctorLoomis
10-11-2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks for all the compliments guys. I've been offered $12,000 for it which I turned down. On top of the only one year style and the amazing season he's having now, the fact it came from Jeff adds to the personal value to me.

solarlottry
10-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Great piece!

It would be cool to start a thread of all the game worn items Jeff has sold to other collectors over the past few years. He sold me both of my Frank Gore shirts and now that Jeff is gone they have such special meaning.

Always buying 49er game worn items

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com

Anabolicollege17
10-11-2013, 06:15 PM
Loomis this jersey is worthy of high def high lighting resolution photos. I would really like to see some pictures of it in high light/ Natural light. It just has that wow factor, and is worthy of about 12 pictures of close ups, far aways, ex.. Lol thats just me though.

Anabolicollege17
10-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Solarity that would be awesome. Also we should make the thread (in honor of Jeff of only extreme HIGH END shirts) No commons! I'm talking 3k and up only. Jeff was a high roller, and it would only be right. We really need a high roller shirt thread.

RKO18
10-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Congratulations on the acquisition Loomis.

Jeff was one of the very best people in the hobby that I ever had the privilege of working with.

I was wondering, how many legit Peyton Manning game worn jerseys do you guys think have been made available to the public?

DoctorLoomis
10-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Congratulations on the acquisition Loomis.

Jeff was one of the very best people in the hobby that I ever had the privilege of working with.

I was wondering, how many legit Peyton Manning game worn jerseys do you guys think have been made available to the public?

Thank you my friend. I have seen I believe 8 that I know were legit. I'm aware of virtually any Manning that's publicly offered. That's not a lot of jerseys for a 15 year career huh?

DoctorLoomis
10-11-2013, 11:13 PM
Loomis this jersey is worthy of high def high lighting resolution photos. I would really like to see some pictures of it in high light/ Natural light. It just has that wow factor, and is worthy of about 12 pictures of close ups, far aways, ex.. Lol thats just me though.

Done....I'll make that happen,

Anabolicollege17
10-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Awesome really looking forward to it. You should buy a Mannequin a 6ft 4 inch mannequin (I just bought a new one and can recommend some really nice ones that are simple to piece together). You can buy some orange or navy (forget what color lining he uses) shoulder pads, Douglas Rib Protector, his authentic revolution helmet (game worn one would probably be hard to obtain as I've never seen a Broncos one available, but I'm sure there are 1 or 2 out there.) The authentic one is a good cheap alternative, and you don't need a face mask swap either because he uses the stock face mask. Get some white nike pants from 2012 or this season with the orange stripe .May take a while to acquire a pair being they are pretty rare. And the new 2012 nike socks (which are made really well, in comparison to the Reebok ones which are amature compared to the Nikes with the built in ankle bubbles lol. Saw a pair on eBay) And a pair of his cleats. Also his 2 wrist bands, and hand towel. and you have one awesome display that is worthy of a kings castle/Museum.

The Fun of full uniform mannequin collecting, (besides the awesome convo piece and warrior presence/scare crow when no ones home) is that it could take years before you complete the whole uniform. I don't match exact pants, or wrist bands or even helmets and it takes me a long time to complete one. But if you go the route of collecting everything from that 2012 year it could take you years. But once you complete it, man will you be proud of that piece. It would be a 1 of 1 thats for sure. The next best thing would be Peyton Manning himself haha.

Mannequin collecting is pretty expensive (well not really, they are 200-300$ and I've seen shadow box frames, and pro-frame jobs sell for double that) The great thing about Mannequin is that guests can be hands on and feel the actual materials that Peyton wears during a game. They develop a certain feel for it, rather then just looking at the jersey through glass. And from experience frames ruin jerseys, even shadow boxing. I've had permanent creases left on sleeves of jerseys from shadow box frames. You should really give it a thought. Its an awesome hobby, and I got a few people on here to start. I even sculpt the actual face of the players now, and make a mold and mask of the actual face and glue it/ blend it onto the mannequins head. So the face of the mannequin is that of the actual player. Its the closest to a wax figure you can get.

Visual Concepts in NJ, if your interested in this as well I think you have great shirts to put together a full uniform. I will post pictures of my newest creation as soon as I finish up putting him together. I can sculpt you any player you want if your ever interested. I'm in NY so shipping to NJ won't cost to much.

RKO18
10-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Thank you my friend. I have seen I believe 8 that I know were legit. I'm aware of virtually any Manning that's publicly offered. That's not a lot of jerseys for a 15 year career huh?

That's not many at all.

I believe there were a number of 2004 jerseys made available through the Peyback Foundation. I've seen one or two from the 2005 season, one from the 2009 season and two from the 2012 season (10/7/12 @ New England and yours from 12/2/12 vs. Tampa Bay).

I recently bought the 2009 Peyton Manning gamer off of eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261291763538

It is without a doubt the most amazing jersey I've ever purchased. :)

DoctorLoomis
10-12-2013, 02:03 PM
That's not many at all.

I believe there were a number of 2004 jerseys made available through the Peyback Foundation. I've seen one or two from the 2005 season, one from the 2009 season and two from the 2012 season (10/7/12 @ New England and yours from 12/2/12 vs. Tampa Bay).

I recently bought the 2009 Peyton Manning gamer off of eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261291763538

It is without a doubt the most amazing jersey I've ever purchased. :)

Congrats on a fantastic jersey. I considered buying that jersey myself.....

KGoldin
10-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Doc Loomis
can you please email me at ken@goldinauctions.com

You had made a comment about a Reggie Bush jersey in auction, and I forwarded it to Troy at MEARS, who authenticated the jersey and sold it in their auction just a couple months ago.
He replied that he stood by the MEARS authentication, and if I wanted to send him the 'S' tag in question, I could do so.
Both Chris and myself have been trying to get ahold of you to get a photograph of that and any other information you have. In fact, he created a thread to contact you. I would like to get any pertinent information to MEARS ASAP
Please email me
thank you
Ken Goldin

DoctorLoomis
10-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Doc Loomis
can you please email me at ken@goldinauctions.com

You had made a comment about a Reggie Bush jersey in auction, and I forwarded it to Troy at MEARS, who authenticated the jersey and sold it in their auction just a couple months ago.
He replied that he stood by the MEARS authentication, and if I wanted to send him the 'S' tag in question, I could do so.
Both Chris and myself have been trying to get ahold of you to get a photograph of that and any other information you have. In fact, he created a thread to contact you. I would like to get any pertinent information to MEARS ASAP
Please email me
thank you
Ken Goldin

Just emailed you Ken.....

bdeol44
10-12-2013, 04:54 PM
IMO their is nothing like a GU HOF quarterback jersey!

RKO18
10-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Congrats on a fantastic jersey. I considered buying that jersey myself.....

Thanks Loomis. :)

Your Manning Broncos jersey is quite amazing too. I really like the two-tone collar as I feel it looked great on Broncos jerseys.

I'm really curious though, roughly, how many Peyton Manning gamers are actually out there. You mentioned 8 but I believe I've seen a little bit more than that.

If you search through American Memorabilia's website, you can see some examples:

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auctions/Auction?t=Closed&q=peyton%20manning%20jersey&p=0

Seems as if many of them came from the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

Peyton has played in 249 games to date in his career (that's including both the regular season and the post season) but I imagine, especially in his earlier years, that he wore the same jersey in multiple games.

What do you guys think is a realistic number?

bdeol44
10-12-2013, 05:48 PM
another good piece of info if we can find it is, how many jerseys did Peyton wear per season?

Anabolicollege17
10-13-2013, 03:56 AM
not sure how many but man the Broncos Orange one is the nicest jersey hes ever worn. That is a true catch

Anabolicollege17
10-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Doc a new Manning as risen. BCA 2013 with solid blue collar (looks horrible)

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=74348&pgmode2=$pgmode2

Anabolicollege17
10-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Can't wait to see what the direct Market is on this jersey. It will put a good estimate of what yours is worth. (I would put more value towards yours, for the facts that we stated below, but it should even out with the Charity auction bidders.)

Agree or Disagree Doc?

RKO18
10-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Can't wait to see what the direct Market is on this jersey. It will put a good estimate of what yours is worth. (I would put more value towards yours, for the facts that we stated below, but it should even out with the Charity auction bidders.)

Agree or Disagree Doc?

Keep in mind that the jersey currently on NFL Auction was only worn during pregame warmups. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for a strong price, but Loomis' jersey was worn during an official NFL game and IMO, is much more valuable for that reason.

Anabolicollege17
10-14-2013, 05:51 PM
RKO I didn't even see that. Players wear jerseys during pre-game now? That is so strange. Why would they not just auction the one he wore during the game? Or at least his first half jersey or something. A pre-game jersey though...thats just absurd. Doc's jersey is def worth way more imo

ivo610
10-14-2013, 09:09 PM
RKO I didn't even see that. Players wear jerseys during pre-game now? That is so strange. Why would they not just auction the one he wore during the game? Or at least his first half jersey or something. A pre-game jersey though...thats just absurd. Doc's jersey is def worth way more imo

More than likely it was spoken for already so they put one on him for the pregame

VISUALCONCEPTSNJ
10-15-2013, 01:19 AM
The orange one is definitely gorgeous... Congrats!!!!!
Here's the 2012 white BCA jersey... ;)

abstractheory
10-15-2013, 01:44 AM
Super, super nice Manning's guys...Just too cool.

GO BRONCOS!!

Anabolicollege17
10-15-2013, 07:45 AM
I see Manning switched to a thin elastic hem this season. Thats a first

Anabolicollege17
10-15-2013, 07:53 AM
My mistake. What I thought was an elastic hem wasn't. It looked like it because NFL auctions blocks the bottom of their pictures with the stupid pricing and time limit. I swear for such a multi million dollar/ most expensive jersey collectors. The picture formats they use are terrible!

Anabolicollege17
10-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Hey Doc Nike jerseys really bring out the beautiful color variations from low light to high natural light.

Heres a few cool pics I put together to show variations of such a beautiful jersey. One of these jerseys could be yours :D

First picture is low light (more of a flat dull orange)

2nd pic- medium lighting (really shows the true beauty of Bronco blue) Medium lighting is great for bringing out darker blues on jerseys. This lighting works very well when I photograph Dolphins jerseys. Rather then the Navy looking black, it really brings out the true blue color.

3rd pic is Natural high light- Out come equals :eek: Amazing.

This may sound crazy to some of you, but those of you who photograph jerseys for a hobby know exactly what I'm talking about lol. I promise I'm not crazy guys, I just enjoy the beauty in a jersey.

Anabolicollege17
10-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Bonus... Manning still wears his pants like an old man haha. Only person in the NFL left who has the exact style Marino wore his uniform. Makes me feel old

RKO18
10-23-2013, 12:24 AM
There is currently a Manning Colts gamer from the 2010 season opener being auctioned off with Steiner certification:

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7085&lotNo=82407

It's already up to $9,141.75 w/buyer's premium with over 16 days left.

It will be interesting to see how much it closes for.

DoctorLoomis
10-30-2013, 03:01 PM
I have decided to put this jersey in Goldin's next auction.....unless someone buys it first. I think it will do very well with Ken.