PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience sending GU items to Steiner Spirts to be autographed?

Enyouartist
09-29-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm planing on sending several Yankee GU items to Steiner to get signed. Does anyone have any experience to help a neophyte? Can you negotiate pricing? Can anyone recommend a good rep? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Enyouartist@yahoo.com

marino13
09-29-2013, 02:39 PM
I'm planing on sending several Yankee GU items to Steiner to get signed. Does anyone have any experience to help a neophyte? Can you negotiate pricing? Can anyone recommend a good rep? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Enyouartist@yahoo.com

I would say -- depends on the items you are sending in.

If it is a valuable GU - I would wait until they have a public signing and it would serves better for you, since you can be prepared on where the signature going to be signed and what kind of pen being used and so forth.

Sending it in -- you wont have that control and if something happened (and it does happened but not too frequent) you will regret the decision of sending in the valuable items.

Just curious - what items are you sending in? and who is the athlete?

Enyouartist
09-29-2013, 03:20 PM
The GU items are Jeter, Mariano, and Pettitte. I heard anecdotally that someone negotiated a $600 Jeter fee down to $400; is this possible?

marino13
09-29-2013, 04:29 PM
The GU items are Jeter, Mariano, and Pettitte. I heard anecdotally that someone negotiated a $600 Jeter fee down to $400; is this possible?

That is a MONSTER list of GU --- and I would not risk on "something might happened" and so forth.

Mariano and Pettitte will have public signing soon enough. As for Jeter, you will have to take a chance on that.

If these are game used jerseys - we are talking about $10-$15k lot and these are NOT easily replaced if they are MISPLACED or something.