PDA

View Full Version : Eric Stangel???

ChrisCavalier
09-27-2013, 10:42 AM
So I'm in Long Beach for a trade show. Despite every reason I tried to come up with to avoid it, I head to the gym at the hotel for a morning workout. I get on the treadmill and it's one of those treadmills that has TV capability on the display portion. I didn't have earphones but I thought I would watch something while I ran.

I turn to ESPN SportsCenter (what a surprise) and I catch the end of the 6:00 to 7:00 program. I decide to keep the channel there to catch the beginning of the 7:00 program. Though I can't hear anything, I watch the segment on Mariano Rivera where Andy Pettitte and Derek Jeter come out to take him out of the game. I watch the very sentimental moment and then see a couple of quotes that were posted on, I believe, Twitter. One was from Joe Maddon, the Rays manager, comparing it to a 'Ripken type moment' and the other was from some person saying something to the effect that if Pettitte's jacket has Rivera's tears on it he might be interested in buying it. I look closer at the screen (I just got new glasses) and I think I see the tweet is from Eric Stangel of Game Used Forum fame.

Eric was that you? If not, I am going to need to go back to my eye doctor and switch back to my old glasses.

-Chris

Eric
09-27-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey Chris-
Yes indeed it was. I didn't actually get to see it, but someone else had texted me and said they had used my tweet on Sportscenter. Cross it off the bucket list.
Eric
@EricStangel on twitter

ChrisCavalier
09-27-2013, 11:22 AM
Hey Chris-
Yes indeed it was. I didn't actually get to see it, but someone else had texted me and said they had used my tweet on Sportscenter. Cross it off the bucket list.
Eric
@EricStangel on twitter
Awesome!! Knowing you crosses off one of my bucket list items :)

-Chris

DJaeger22
09-27-2013, 05:03 PM
I knew that name sounded familiar. Awesome to see it was someone from GUU!

sportscentury
09-27-2013, 07:27 PM
I knew that name sounded familiar. Awesome to see it was someone from GUU!

Eric was the founder and original owner of Game Used Forum.