PDA

View Full Version : Game used 2013 Derek Jeter bat?

carbonrosa
09-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Surprised this wasn't mentioned sooner here but what do you all think about this Jeter 2013 Game used bat? My opinion, it doesn't show any of his game used characteristics. The motta stick should be on the full handle. It looks like someone antiqued it rather then Jeter using it heavily. My guess it was used by someone else. Spoke with the seller. Wouldn't tell me where he got it or his source but told me he got it 15 days ago from a club house.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261289900178?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

maverick14
09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
I saw this bat a few days ago and thought the same thing about the mota application.
I went through all the getty images of DJ this year and in the pics that he was clearly using new LVS bats I couldn't see mota/tar on any of them, but not sure if it was just hard to see in pics or what not.
Either way I agree with you on this one.

gorilla777
09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Well, it's a Jeter bat....that's about it. No chance whatsoever it was used by him. It may have ended up in Tampa at the facility down there. There is no Steiner behind it and more importantly you are right on characteristics being all wrong.
On a side note, he's been using pine tar instead of mota stick the last couple years, concentrated heavy on lower handle.

Ben

carbonrosa
09-23-2013, 01:23 PM
The second aspect I had a problem with was the many cleat spike indents on the face. I can't recall any time where Jeter used his bat to spike to clean off the dirt stuck in the cleats. He always bangs his bats on his front toes.
-Devin

gorilla777
09-23-2013, 01:52 PM
The second aspect I had a problem with was the many cleat spike indents on the face. I can't recall any time where Jeter used his bat to spike to clean off the dirt stuck in the cleats. He always bangs his bats on his front toes.
-Devin

Here is a montage of a 2012 photo-matched bat of Jeter's. You will see the heavy pine tar caked on the lower handle, which thins towards upper handle, a bit different than he used to with mota stick. And in the lower barrel photos you will see the shoe edge/cleat scuff marks that are more rounded, typically on two sides of the barrel.

Ben

maverick14
09-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Well, it's a Jeter bat....that's about it. No chance whatsoever it was used by him. It may have ended up in Tampa at the facility down there. There is no Steiner behind it and more importantly you are right on characteristics being all wrong.
On a side note, he's been using pine tar instead of mota stick the last couple years, concentrated heavy on lower handle.

Ben

I'm so used to saying Mota but yes, he has been using pine tar for the past few years, thanks for correcting that.

spartanservitto
09-23-2013, 06:22 PM
Here is my jeter , the 2013 was definitely used by someone else. Jeter bats with heavy generally all exhibit the same characteristics , the last 3-4 years he has laid off the mota and gone with pine tar exclusively.

sportsnbikes
09-23-2013, 08:53 PM
I asked the seller how the bat was obtained and the seller responded with, "I don't disclose my sources".

Jags Fan Dan
09-24-2013, 08:43 AM
I asked the seller how the bat was obtained and the seller responded with, "I don't disclose my sources".
That's easier than making up a lie.

Nnunnari
09-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Like Ben said, a bat left in the Tampa batting cages.