PDA

View Full Version : J.O. Sports?

Neely8
09-21-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm wondering what happened to most of J.O.'s inventory? There is hardly anything left on their site from whatever NFL teams are listed and some teams they had are gone completely. I highly doubt most of the stuff they had listed was sold unless someone did a bulk buy from them. Is this the beginning of the end for them?

Anabolicollege17
09-21-2013, 01:29 AM
out of business

Anabolicollege17
09-21-2013, 01:37 AM
they auctioned all there stuff with no reserves over past year., they have been out of business for a while (no new stock) only ran auction and eBay. Karma bit the owner in the ass. While J.O sports was 10000% legit and sold nothing but authentic game used items directly from the teams they had contracts with. His business was tarnished due to a stupid decision he made about 8 years or so ago. He was obtaining issued jerseys and marking them to look used, as well as making fake paper work and selling to card companies for big dollars. He then purchased contracts from teams for his new company he was starting called J.O sports co. Everything was real on J.O sports, but because he decided to scam high end companies with endless amounts of dollars to spend on lawyers and prove him being guilty from actions he did years and years ago, it came back to bite his legit company in the ass. Teams saw that he scammed 8 years ago as it hit the news a year ago and they decided to pull there contracts with the company.

It just goes to show you. In this business there is no hiding behind aliases. Theres no running from big Corpo (The Man). You make 1 mistake and just pull 1 scam and its all it takes to come back to haunt you years later.

He had a great thing going in, pulling in big dollars with J.O sports. More and more teams wanted to work with J.O and they were getting exclusive deals. If someone wanted a legit gamer they would go to J.O to get it. He was on top of the world, and he threw everything down the drain with 1 mistake he made over 8 years ago.

Mulligans can fill you in better I'm sure, as he is an Alias/scam artist catcher expert.

trsent
09-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Everything was real on J.O sports, but because he decided to scam high end companies with endless amounts of dollars to spend on lawyers and prove him being guilty from actions he did years and years ago, it came back to bite his legit company in the ass.

Do you have any proof to back up this statement? I never heard of any high end companies with endless amounts of dollars proving JO Sports was guilty - I thought they were charged by the FBI.

Were there lawsuits I didn't hear about?

Phil316
09-21-2013, 11:39 AM
they auctioned all there stuff with no reserves over past year., they have been out of business for a while (no new stock) only ran auction and eBay. Karma bit the owner in the ass. While J.O sports was 10000% legit and sold nothing but authentic game used items directly from the teams they had contracts with. His business was tarnished due to a stupid decision he made about 8 years or so ago. He was obtaining issued jerseys and marking them to look used, as well as making fake paper work and selling to card companies for big dollars. He then purchased contracts from teams for his new company he was starting called J.O sports co. Everything was real on J.O sports, but because he decided to scam high end companies with endless amounts of dollars to spend on lawyers and prove him being guilty from actions he did years and years ago, it came back to bite his legit company in the ass. Teams saw that he scammed 8 years ago as it hit the news a year ago and they decided to pull there contracts with the company.

It just goes to show you. In this business there is no hiding behind aliases. Theres no running from big Corpo (The Man). You make 1 mistake and just pull 1 scam and its all it takes to come back to haunt you years later.

He had a great thing going in, pulling in big dollars with J.O sports. More and more teams wanted to work with J.O and they were getting exclusive deals. If someone wanted a legit gamer they would go to J.O to get it. He was on top of the world, and he threw everything down the drain with 1 mistake he made over 8 years ago.

Mulligans can fill you in better I'm sure, as he is an Alias/scam artist catcher expert.

While parts of this story by anabolic are true some facts you are not correct on.

commando
09-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Just mentioning a bit of general information here. As we've discussed elsewhere, it seems that the golden era of team contracts is coming to an end unless the numbers change. These days, most companies entering contracts to buy game-used equipment directly from the teams are having trouble making their money back. No one is buying common jerseys, helmets or pants (unless the price is so ridiculously low that you can't pass it up).

It seems to me that the common stuff is supposed to give these companies their profit, after the star and semi-star items pay for most the deal. When the common items (i.e. profit items) collect dust, it doesn't work well for most business models.

ivo610
09-21-2013, 02:54 PM
out of business

Weird, because I got an email from them about 2 weeks ago with some very high end items being offered.

Anabolicollege17
09-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Trsent your right it was the FBI. But the the companies that got ripped off pursued them to take action for high end mail fraud.

J.O is out of business. The fact that they are sending you emails on high end items is them winning them through NFL auctions or other auction houses then reselling them to you for a much higher price. Everything seems to be in private with them now. No more open new sales listed on there web site anymore. Its all old stuff there trying to dump for w.e they can get.

Anabolicollege17
09-21-2013, 04:48 PM
And Ivy the fact they are emailing clients about the high end items and not just listing them on there website is for a reason. They know what there doing. Its because there name is forever tarnished (keep in mind I liked them, and never had any problems with anything they sold) and they don't want to get more fuel to fire by posting those high end items for 5-10k while the same exact jersey was sold for 1-2k on NFL auctions a week prior. Price boosting is totally legal, but coming from J.O sports if they listed them publicly it would be a bad P.R move.

abstractheory
09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Anabolicollege17 posting some of his opinions as facts?

C'mon, now...I don't believe it.

Anabolicollege17
09-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Anabolicollege17 posting some of his opinions as facts?

C'mon, now...I don't believe it.

True. All opinions...all opinions... Don't get panties in a bunch

abstractheory
09-21-2013, 05:06 PM
True. All opinions...all opinions... Don't get panties in a bunch

Ouch!! You got me.

Anabolicollege17
09-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Ouch!! You got me.

;) :)

trsent
09-21-2013, 05:18 PM
So they are in business if they are emailing people to buy stuff and I can't imagine any proof that the card companies pushed the FBI to investigate - I'm pretty sure the card companies don't want publicity about their past buying practices.

The statements made about this are not proper statements and shouldn't have been made - There is no proof or documented public history to support some of the statements made.

Speculation of facts is not good for anyone.

COWBOYS4EVR
09-21-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm with TR on this. Speculation is not good.

Maybe someone should just call Jarrod an ask WTF is up.
Maybe he's got a new NFL contact, like someone else has stated they
have an has yet to produce anything from it.

ChrisCavalier
09-21-2013, 06:25 PM
The statements made about this are not proper statements and shouldn't have been made - There is no proof or documented public history to support some of the statements made.

Speculation of facts is not good for anyone.
I think this is a good observation. In fact, the statements originally made appear to have been done as a statement of fact and not opinion. It was only clarified as an opinion once directly questioned.

I personally have no information of the situation. However, given the sensitive nature of this thread and consistent with the forum rules, this thread will remain open only if people can provide SUBSTANTIATED information. That is, you will need to provide the basis for any post here and that basis cannot be speculation. If not, the thread will be closed.

-Chris

Hoshal13
09-22-2013, 02:11 PM
They are a joke in my opinion. I have a pair of game worn Dan Carpenter pants with their hologram on it. The COA with it has TWO holograms on it. Both for a gameworn Raiders Richard Seymour jersey. I called them and said all i want is a correct COA and now they won't talk to me. Potentially I could make up a fake Seymour jersey and throw these holograms on it and sell them. Guess they are lucky I'm not that kind of person.

gingi79
09-22-2013, 06:40 PM
I have no love for this company and frankly would never purchase from them as I don't respect their "authenticity" even if an item is photomatched.

That being said, a jersey is either game used or it isn't. Nothing J.O. did made an item actually game worn or somehow changed it from being game worn.

What the shady dealings of it's owner did was devalue their opinion about the authenticity of an item.

Anabolicollege17
09-22-2013, 06:46 PM
They are a joke in my opinion. I have a pair of game worn Dan Carpenter pants with their hologram on it. The COA with it has TWO holograms on it. Both for a gameworn Raiders Richard Seymour jersey. I called them and said all i want is a correct COA and now they won't talk to me. Potentially I could make up a fake Seymour jersey and throw these holograms on it and sell them. Guess they are lucky I'm not that kind of person.

Same thing happened to me. They just decided it was time to cut off communication with me. They have done this to so many people its sad.

Trsent if you consider shady emails selling high end jerseys as being in business then heck I know 30 people who are in business. Emails mean nothing. If they were in business they would have listed there high end items on there web site. They know they are finished. I watched them win a Reggie Bush Dolphins jersey on NFL auctions last year, and bring it to there auction and set a reserve on it after claiming not to have a reserve. Then they shill bid on it about 12 times so it exceeded triple what they paid for it. They won the auction, and emailed me an hour later asking if I would pay with my last bid was. I politely asked what happened to the winner. They replied he didn't want the item. I asked why they contacted me so soon and didn't give him a chance to pay and they stopped communicating.

J.O sports does not operate honestly any more because they know they are done with a capitol D

Anabolicollege17
09-22-2013, 06:49 PM
They just wanted to liquidate all there old stock and get the heck outta this business/hobby so fastttt

trsent
09-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Same thing happened to me. They just decided it was time to cut off communication with me. They have done this to so many people its sad.

Trsent if you consider shady emails selling high end jerseys as being in business then heck I know 30 people who are in business. Emails mean nothing. If they were in business they would have listed there high end items on there web site. They know they are finished. I watched them win a Reggie Bush Dolphins jersey on NFL auctions last year, and bring it to there auction and set a reserve on it after claiming not to have a reserve. Then they shill bid on it about 12 times so it exceeded triple what they paid for it. They won the auction, and emailed me an hour later asking if I would pay with my last bid was. I politely asked what happened to the winner. They replied he didn't want the item. I asked why they contacted me so soon and didn't give him a chance to pay and they stopped communicating.

J.O sports does not operate honestly any more because they know they are done with a capitol D

Ok, I'm pretty sure speculation and how they are selling by your guesses are not a determination of what they are doing. The shill bidding practice is pretty crazy and if true, pretty scary and very shady.

Why anyone would buy from this company anyway confuses me to this day, but you seem to pull more and more possible theories out against them being out of business when they apparently are still trying to sell stuff just not as much in the public eye.

GMEN92
09-22-2013, 07:08 PM
As I read all this it makes me wonder why mi was contacted by them to buy a few game issued jerseys I own.. Wonder what there intentions were.. :rolleyes:

ChrisCavalier
09-22-2013, 07:25 PM
Okay. Looks like the thread has resorted back to speculation which is what was warned about previously. As such, the thread is being locked.

If anyone has any questions about the thread being locked, please feel to contact me directly to discuss.

-Chris