PDA

View Full Version : David Ortiz Nokona?

civic_freak
09-17-2013, 11:54 AM
Hi all. I'm new to the forums. Been looking for a few months at all of the awesome things people have. I have a question about a bat I purchased on ebay, and was hoping I could get some help with the vast knowledge that is on here.

It was listed as a team issued David Ortiz Nokona bat. The N is gold, and in gold writing on the barrel, it says "Customized Model David Ortiz Pro Maple". I haven't been able to find much about it, and the seller didn't have any kind of COA. A lot of the game used Nokona's I have seen have different writing on the barrel. Is there any way I would be able to find out if it really was a game issued bat? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brad

helf35
09-17-2013, 12:04 PM
it originally came from zane bats.

civic_freak
09-17-2013, 12:08 PM
How do you know?

helf35
09-17-2013, 12:15 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56343&highlight=Zane+bats

civic_freak
09-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Thank you. One of those links has the bat I purchased. Any way to get a COA of any sort for the bat? How does he get them? Thank you for all of your help.

sportsnbikes
09-20-2013, 02:03 AM
Thank you. One of those links has the bat I purchased. Any way to get a COA of any sort for the bat? How does he get them? Thank you for all of your help.

The only way to get authentication at this point would be to send it in for authentication to PSA or another similar company.

civic_freak
09-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Would they just do a style match then?

emann
09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Hello again-

In short, PSA has records of what you'd call exemplars to compare against, basically known examples of authentic GU bats by specific players. Typical model orders, bat brands, size, weight, usage, etc. John Taube presumably has seen ALOT of bats over his involvement in the hobby.

They'll compare against these and tell you if they think it is an authentic item. It is something most seasoned player collectors who have handled alot of a certain player's bats can do without PSA, but it is always nice to have an expert opinion.

That said, I wouldn't bother submitting a game issued bat to PSA. I'd suggest saving the cost for actual gamers...

civic_freak
09-20-2013, 06:44 PM
Thank you again for all of your help. It really doesn't matter, I guess. Just curious what my options are. I am considering having this one autographed, but probably not my Napoli bat you helped me with.

emann
09-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Sure thing, feel free to shoot me an email: grindcrank@gmail.com