PDA

View Full Version : Has this ever happened to you?

Takuleechch
09-14-2013, 10:51 PM
So I just won an ebay auction. The sellers name is mattmontero23 from Louisiana. I knew member mmonte4 is also in LA. I asked if he was the same person and they replied no.

I found a thread here where mmonte4 posted a link to ebay for an item he won. I was astonished to see that the same person that won the item (mmonte4) was also the same person that had bid high on the item I had won but retracted their bids when they became the highest bidder...twice, days apart. I thought GUU members had more integrity than that

When I told him this he said they were brothers.
Anyway, I paid for the item within 24 hours. A few hours later he refunded me the money, cancelled the transaction and said he was getting the items authenticated then he was going to tell me to send the money and send the items to me.

I contacted ebay and they said that they could see in his messages that he was entertaining offers from other people AFTER i paid.

How many members here are pumping up the prices for their friends items? or even themselves?

Also is there anything I can do so this ebayer doesnt play others like this?

mickeymbz
09-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Yea.. he is self proclaimed expert on NBA ,,loves to knock people's stuff a step down or two,,,loves to jump on the soap box about transparency, greed in the hobby blah,blah,blah..hypocrite.. i'm sure there are more than a few in here NOT surprised by this.. but you gotta love his MJ dream team jersey with sewn on tackle twill numbers.

ferro39
09-15-2013, 01:53 PM
im sure that it happens fairly frequently

as for what you can do? negative feedback and letting ebay know, like you did, are probably your only options. they only pretend to care about things like shill bidding when in reality, it's putting more money in their pockets

MLB~NUT
09-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Id definitely leave him Negative Feedback, stating what was done!;)

xpress34
09-15-2013, 07:09 PM
If you have proof from eBay that he was taking offers AFTER you had paid, you could file with the FBI Internet Division for Fraud.

Just a thought.

Takuleechch
09-16-2013, 02:36 PM
I was trolled last week by someone asking about a pair of Kobe gamers I have that we're checked out by Dan Ceniceros. The person told me that Dan "works in self interest so I don't respect him as an authenticator. I've seen him wrong on some major Kobe things". The person the. Asked me to get a letter from Dan even though he "doesn't respect him". I asked if he would purchase them if I got the letter and he said no haha. Just figured out it was mmonte4 that trolled me.

He's been messaging me calling me a liar and then when I said his "brother" told me it was him that bid he said its "PERFECTLY within my rights to retract my bid". Sure I guess it is.

I don't know if they a the same person but I am annoyed that after I paid for an item they would go and do that. And that someone would try and pump the price up.

Takuleechch
09-16-2013, 02:38 PM
If you have proof from eBay that he was taking offers AFTER you had paid, you could file with the FBI Internet Division for Fraud.

Just a thought.

If I wasn't so lazy and if it was worth it i would do that for sure. It's funny cause I don't think the ebay person was supposed to tell me. She was like "ill check his messages. Oh yea he is selling them for..." Haha.

Takuleechch
09-16-2013, 06:40 PM
How would you reply to this?
Sounds a bit threatening to me

abstractheory
09-16-2013, 06:51 PM
What a D-bag...Thanks for letting us know about this guy. Too bad.

As for your reply? Just don't...He's obviously a pathetic, sad man.

casmith12
09-17-2013, 01:27 AM
Luckily that has not happened to me (hopefully wont). I guess it's just a classic case of a keyboard warrior trying to intimidate over the Internet.

abstractheory
09-17-2013, 02:53 AM
How would you reply to this?
Sounds a bit threatening to me

Doesn't sound like a threat at all, but, more of a, "Hey...Be nice to me so I can keep jerking you around with the shoes you're never gonna get but rightfully should".

ChiGuy1
09-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear about this situation. Is this the auction...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-and-2003-Game-Worn-Kobe-Bryant-Nike-Air-Jordan-Collection-VIII-XI-XII-/121173230527

If you end up being able to work it out with the seller, I may have interest in buying those shoes from you. Thanks for the heads up about the seller. What a shame.