PDA

View Full Version : Harry Carson jersey

tory.mccallum1
09-10-2013, 01:04 AM
I know this isnt game used, but my question is do you guys know if this a pro cut model? or a store salesman model from the 80s? i havent seen awhole lot of sand knit jerseys so i dont know which are game jerseys, and which were retail. The jersey doesnt have a neck tag, and is a very heavy mesh with thick screened on numbers and letters. I've attached pics so you guys can see. Any info would be a great help!

commando
09-10-2013, 02:15 AM
This is a high-quality retail authentic jersey. Looks like it was purchased from the Gerry Cosby Sporting Goods Company, possibly at their old store in Madison Square Garden. Sand Knit made replicas as well as retail authentic jerseys, but the authentics were quite a bit more expensive and are much harder to find today.

Your jersey features retail tagging with a "Large" size listed instead of a numerical size (46). Team-issued Giants jersey usually had a second "exclusive" tag next to the Sand Knit tag. Plus the Gerry Cosby tag would not be on a team-issued shirt.

This retail authentic Carson jersey is collectable in its own right, and an interested collector might pay a couple hundred bucks for it. A great find!

tory.mccallum1
09-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Nice! Well thank you for all the info! another reason i love this forum!