PDA

View Full Version : 60-70s Yaz Bat ? Your opinions?

mook03005
09-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Guys I won this auction from the latest MEARS website auction. I realize based off the description that MEARS could not determine if it were a game used or team index bat, but I kind of wanted to get an opinion from some of you BAT collectors out there, to see what exactly I have. Heres the link. Thanks in advance.
http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=69374&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=1965-72-Carl-Yastrzemski-Boston-Red-Sox-H%26B-Louisville-Slugger-Bat

ChrisCavalier
09-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Guys I won this auction from the latest MEARS website auction. I realize based off the description that MEARS could not determine if it were a game used or team index bat, but I kind of wanted to get an opinion from some of you BAT collectors out there, to see what exactly I have. Heres the link. Thanks in advance.
http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=69374&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=25&category=1&seo=1965-72-Carl-Yastrzemski-Boston-Red-Sox-H%26B-Louisville-Slugger-Bat
To be clear, are you asking if we think this is a game used bat?

mook03005
09-09-2013, 04:55 PM
@Chris Wishfully thinking , yes! Basically Im asking opinions to see what exactly Im buying.

onlyalbert
09-09-2013, 10:14 PM
I'm voting store model bat. No other reason to scratch off the knob end orther than to hide what identifier was there. Also, Yaz typically had his number on the end of his bats which would be larger than the scratched off area.

Mark17
09-09-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm voting store model bat. No other reason to scratch off the knob end orther than to hide what identifier was there. Also, Yaz typically had his number on the end of his bats which would be larger than the scratched off area.

Agree, the scratched-off identifier is not just typical wear; it's only on the center of the knob, and seems the only purpose is to obliterate the model number/inch marks. On a pro bat, there would be no reason for anyone to do that, while on a store bat, there of course would be.

Also, 34" is somewhat unusual for Yaz. The bat is from 1965-69, and during that time, it looks like the great majority of his orders were 35".

mook03005
09-10-2013, 11:41 AM
perfect guys , thanks for your time much appreciated.