PDA

View Full Version : Glove Value

joe27
09-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi Everyone, I have a chance to purchase Henry Owen's glove from this past season. I was wondering if anyone knew the value of a glove like this and what I should pay for it.

Any help would be a lot of help.

Thanks

joe27
09-05-2013, 08:55 PM
Bump. Can anyone help me out on this?

Phil316
09-05-2013, 09:13 PM
I gather we are talking Henry Owens the Red Sox prospect.

I would think it would be worth in the 250 to 350 range. Assuming it has his name stitched on it and comes with some kind of provenance.

Good luck.

emann
09-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Just my opinion, but I'd try to get it for around $100-$150 max, depending on how much you want it. He's looking like he might be a top prospect, but a few years off from MLB (and alot could happen in that time)... Are you buying this as an investment or something you'd like to have? Minor league equipment really seems to only hold/gain resale value if the player becomes a star in the future—you're gambling on that. If not, it probably won't be easy to resell at any price...

Phil316
09-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Just my opinion, but I'd try to get it for around $100-$150 max, depending on how much you want it. He's looking like he might be a top prospect, but a few years off from MLB (and alot could happen in that time)... Are you buying this as an investment or something you'd like to have? Minor league equipment really seems to only hold/gain resale value if the player becomes a star in the future—you're gambling on that. If not, it probably won't be easy to resell at any price...

Of course you want to get it as cheap as possible. :)

joe27
09-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Yes I'm talking about the prospect. I'm looking to get it to keep but also as an investment hoping he'll make it big but like you said anything can happen. It has his name stitched in it and I know it's real because I saw Henry hand it to this guy after the season ended here. Ill see what he actually wants for it either today or tomorrow and hopefully I can get it as cheap as possible.