PDA

View Full Version : Cano gamer on ebay

yankees506
09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
As a huge Robinson cano collector this bat has me perplexed....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROBINSON-CANO-SIGNED-GAME-USED-BAT-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-/161098626497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258239f5c1

1. The bat apperars to have typical cano traits including his tapejob and comes with a letter from his father.

What i dont understand is the auto on the bat is not cano's, its incredibly small and formed remarkably like his fathers sig. One would assume a bat given to his father would have a flawless signature. My question is: if the auto is bad how much would it devalue the bat its self? I know the seller is a memeber and my concern is with the auto and would like to hear what other members think? Thanks -Carmelo

thegoodz15
09-03-2013, 06:30 PM
evening carmelo,

i have been collecting yankee memorabila since 1984, with one of the largest
collections on the east coast....i was very fortunate to have met robinson dad in person and it was a very memorable experience for me. the signature is not small and i compared it to 8 other cano bats i have from rookies to 2009
world series bats. of course the bat is picture perfect and really drop dead beautiful. i have no problem letting anyone authenticate the signature if you do win it. feel free to ask me any questions on any yankees game used bat
im sure i can help your collection

happy collecting,

scott m. goodman

maverick14
09-03-2013, 07:23 PM
I appreciate the response by the seller but regardless I'm with Melo on this one.
I've never seen a Cano auto where the "b" in "Rob" opens up on the top like that.
The way he signs the "OB" together he finishes off the "b" as he's coming down and if anything opens up on the bottom.
Here are 3 pics from 05,07,10 in which you see the "b" always opens up towards the bottom if it is open.
Just my 2cents since the topic was brought up.

thegoodz15
09-04-2013, 11:50 AM
afternoon carmelo and randy

as a member here and a collector who cares about the hobby i have decided
to have the cano bat signed game used bat 2012 in a few weeks when im at
yankee stadium. so if one of you do win this really nice gamer the bat will have a wonderful fresh new sig from robby...or who ever the new owner may
be...enjoy the rest of the playoff run.....all the best

scott m. goodman

sogcollector
09-04-2013, 06:35 PM

yankee stadium. so if one of you do win this really nice gamer the bat will have a wonderful fresh new sig from robby...or who ever the new owner may

scott m. goodman

That is kind of you sir. IMO, the signature on your bat is a good one. If something isn't textbook or plastered with holograms folks start rattling sabers. Good luck with your sale.

yankees506
09-04-2013, 06:40 PM
So are you going to take this listing down then resell it once the new signature is obtained? As i dont think any buyer would want to wait weeks for an item to be signed again.

yankees506
09-04-2013, 06:54 PM
That is kind of you sir. IMO, the signature on your bat is a good one. If something isn't textbook or plastered with holograms folks start rattling sabers. Good luck with your sale.

I would disagree strongly here. When two people who have handled tens of dozens of cano game used bats feel theres somthing wrong i think its safe to say there is. Canos signature looks nothing like the one on the bat in question. Even a hurried signature would never be formed so differently by a person who has signed their name tens of thousands of times.
I commend Mr. Goodman for addressing my concerns, and since you chimed in i hope ive enlightened you

bobsis24
09-04-2013, 10:48 PM
I thought I'd post this Cano autograph. To me it looks more unlike his usual autograph than any of the others in this thread. But I know it's authentic, since Robbie signed the ball in person for me at Steinbrenner Field during Spring Training this year.

Here was the situation. He had just finished a round of BP, and stayed behind for a few minutes after the other players in the group headed back into the stadium. He signed for about 20 people ahead of me. 2 or 3 people before he even got to me, he was saying, "I gotta go, just one more", but then he stayed to sign mine & even a few more after me. What's on the ball is clearly a hurried signature.

So my thought on the bat signature is that he very well could have signed it in a rush for Jose. All things being equal, of course, I'd want a "perfect" Cano signature on a bat like that too!

Bob

YanksGameUsed
09-05-2013, 09:06 AM

scott m. goodman

Scott,

If you stand behind the bat and the auto then do a PSA quick opinion and forward the resulting email to Melo and randy. I'm sure they would be happy to give you their email addresses!!!

carbonrosa
09-08-2013, 03:44 PM
So what happened with this bat? It looks like it was pulled before the auction ended?
-Devin

jscubs1
09-08-2013, 05:27 PM
i heard ebay removed it

thegoodz15
09-08-2013, 09:01 PM
evening mr cubs and forum,

as member here and ceo of sports world since 1984 i personally simply took
down the bat. i would never jeopardize my reputation and my million dollar
bat collection that has taken me 30 years to build over a 700 bat. i will be seeing robinson the last day of the regular season and show him the bat.
what ever the case there will be a wonderful beautiful signature signed game used robinson cano. thanx again forum and hopefully the yankees make the playoffs.

happy collecting,

scott m. goodman

sportsnbikes
09-19-2013, 12:39 PM
So how will that work? Are you going to remove the signature that is on it now?