PDA

View Full Version : Possible Photo match?

tory.mccallum1
08-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Hey guys, i recently picked up a Gary payton Olympic game used jersey and i was trying to photo match. There wasnt a ton of good picures out there to compare it to, but i did find one that looks like it could be a possible match, mainly because of the loose thread in the middle of the "S" in USA. Let me know what you guys think! The top photo is the actual game picture, and the bottom photo is the picture of my jersey. Thanks again for any input!

commando
08-30-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm looking at the rectangle on the bottom of the "S." It seems like the one in the bottom photo is longer top to bottom, while the one in the top photo is shorter and closer to a square. It might just be from the different angles of the photos though.

Phil316
08-31-2013, 12:31 AM
I agree with Anthony.

Also where did you obtain the jersey from ?

tory.mccallum1
08-31-2013, 05:36 AM
hey guys...well it was with another gary payton game used laker jersey from a guy who said his dad worked with the sonic and kept a relationship with Gary.....the story seemed real because of the details and both jerseys show wear so i took a chance....I've just been trying to photo match the Olympic jersey because i feel like its easier then photo matching the Lakers jersey. Any other help would be appreciated thanks for the opinions

Jdon64
08-31-2013, 09:16 AM
The "S" on your jersey sits lower next to the "U" than on game photo Jersey. The small white notch on the bottom of the "S" is larger on your Jersey. Also the white border on the bottom of the "S" is fatter on your Jersey in comparison. I Hope that helps.

toddhead
08-31-2013, 10:25 AM
I think it is impossible to tell based on the photographs provided. With lens distortion and camera angle you wouldn't be able to tell with such close up shots. The thread looks right, but that is about all you can really tell.

tory.mccallum1
08-31-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks again for everything guys, man i never realized how much detail you have to be aware of in photo matching its really tough! I'll just sit on it for now and maybe try and get more pics from that game to compare with and hopefully one day i can find out for sure. I really appreciate all the help though!