PDA

View Full Version : Royals Authentics

aaccee
08-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Is anyone going to Royals team store recently?
I have called and emailed several times but cannot reach Justin.
I am looking for 7/12 ~ 7/14 lineup card.
Could someone help me get them?
Thanks!
Li
aceli777@yahoo.co.jp

sportsnbikes
08-28-2013, 04:57 PM
I'll look for you when I go on Monday against Seattle.

aaccee
08-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Thanks a lot!!
Could I have your email to contact you?

spartanservitto
08-28-2013, 07:04 PM
Is there a email list ?!! I would like to be on it.

-Tony

Griffey24fan
08-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Justin has given me the worst experience yet for someone who is in charge of a team's authentic store.

IMO he has no business running the store and should be more of a store clerk than the director with his lack of customer service.

Hoosier39
08-28-2013, 09:18 PM
Justin has given me the worst experience yet for someone who is in charge of a team's authentic store.

IMO he has no business running the store and should be more of a store clerk than the director with his lack of customer service.

Completely agree. His lists are a little tough to understand what is game used and what is not. And when you ask questions he basically says he doesn't have the time. I haven't bought anything yet because its pulling teeth with him. And yes, he's clueless. With his lack of communication skills, unwilling to answer your questions correctly, and no knowledge on what he's doing, I actually thought just that- a seasonal store clerk helping out. Guess I didn't realize he was in charge of everything.

escaperoyals
08-29-2013, 12:44 AM
With all due respect, I have had nothing but exceptional dealings with Justin. I constantly receive emails and he always returns my emails and or phone calls in a very timely manner.. I have picked up probably 6 or 7 game worn jerseys from the Royals this year alone. I believe their prices are VERY fair compared to other teams.
It is the Royals and Justin's 1st year operating and I think he is doing an incredible job. I would assume that he also might be a little shorthanded.
He normally sends out a monthly list. Keep in mind that I do live out of state and have not been to the Team Store at the "K" but from what friends have told me, it is good with very reasonable prices.
I am also sure that he is open for suggestions to improve their operation.
He has been open all year to try and pull specific jerseys if you ask him. I called him within seconds of Hosmers game winning walkoff hit that ended up with the bar b qued covered jersey.
I also picked up a Salvy Perez, Escobar, and Butler jerseys that were pulled and authenticated. I have purchased jerseys from the Tigers and Twins among other teams and the seem to be on the same level. I know the Tigers send out daily emails which is nice but sometimes I think that causes the market to be flooded.
Just my thoughts.
Dan

beef
08-29-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm also looking for some stuff from the upcoming mariners series if you could email me at ryancolbs@yahoo.com I'd appreciate it.

Add me to the list of people who have tried unsuccessfully to communicate with anyone from the royals team store. I've emailed several times with no response and been told "i dont know if we have that" over the phone and hung up on. I hope they figure out what theyre doing for next season, whether its a staffing or training shortage.

Spiralstairs
08-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Justin has been quite responsive in my limited interaction with him. I do agree, though, that his lists are awfully hard to understand. I think he probably loses a lot of sales because it is too much effort to figure out exactly what he is offering.

I've been to the game-used store at the stadium and thought it was amazing, and very well-priced.

Gyro123
08-29-2013, 09:47 AM
Can someone either post or email me a working email for Justin at the Royals shop please at Gyro123@aol.com

MLB~NUT
08-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Thats how I feel about the Cardinals GU guy Pat Daly!:(

Griffey24fan
08-29-2013, 10:27 PM
This is the email I have always used, again like I said don't get any kind of good expectations:

royalsauthentics@royals.com

Long story short after I had exchanged numerous emails back in April about the items I would be interested in for the upcoming season, sent him a follow up before the series and said give me a call if that is easier. No phone call or email back after the series so I followed up with two emails and then I was told he does not have anymore left. So how hard would it have been to call me and say sorry but we are going to make everything for the game available after the 7th inning and we do not intend to hold items so I could have stopped in at the store rather than intend that whatever he had gotten that I wanted the day after the series stop by and pay for it all in one.

However when you visit the store his number one line is would you like a base or item from a certain game let me know and I can hold it for you or reserve it......guess this hobby is more overwhelming than the sporting goods store he came from.

PhilDo777
08-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Justin is one of the rudest and egotistical persons I have ever met. He absolutely should not be allowed in the front of that store. In fact, he should probably just stay out of customer service all together.

I have a business directly connected to the Royals. During a recent game, I had the opportunity to bring a client, who is in the Kansas City area, and sit in the player's family and friends section. I decided to stop by the Authentics store, just to look around and to get a couple questions answered.

The lady at the front counter and the older gentleman who helped me first were very friendly and I have absolutely nothing to say bad about them. However, they directed us to Justin. Not only did he not shake mine and my clients hand, but he literally told us he would not sell anything to us because why would he sell to us, when he can just sell to his customers instead. He also folded his arms and watched the game the whole time, basically disregarding any of the questions my client had for him. In fact, at one point he mocked my client to his face by something like, "That's like asking me if it is going to rain out. How the hell am I supposed to know that." In the middle of his next question, he just walked away from both of us and started talking about the game to a coworker.

Even though I do sell some Royals stuff, I literally asked him nothing on pricing and wasn't looking for a discount at all. I had a couple customers ask me for very specific items, and was just wondering if he could have helped them out. I would have sent them all his way. I understand selling to the fans/public first and am all for that myself. I was just trying to get a customer some information because I have had people come directly to me because they could not get in contact with him or he wasn't helping them.

Needless to say, neither my client or I were too thrilled with the customer service and I have been debating on lodging a complaint with the Royals about the situation. This guy should be no where near any type of store, let alone manager of the authentics store. I will never deal with that store again until I am sure the Royals have fired him, or he has moved on.

Sorry about the rant, but I wanted to share my experience with Justin. It seems like some others have had similar experiences.

bravesfanjd
08-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Justin has been nothing but helpful to me. He helped me acquire a bunch of Frenchy items and even put jerseys to the side for me that he then sold me over the phone because I live in California. Every interaction I have had with him has been great

sportsnbikes
08-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Phildo777, that's awful. I haven't had a ton of interaction with Justin but he did get snippy with me one day over a pretty basic question.

Enyouartist
09-05-2013, 09:15 PM
I didn't have a good experience either.

Joel_Brock
09-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Justin has been noting but great with me. It probably helps that I gave him a Bo Jackson gamer as a gift after he took care of me on a deal. Ever since then he has been like my best friend.

MLB~NUT
09-06-2013, 08:34 AM
Justin has been noting but great with me. It probably helps that I gave him a Bo Jackson gamer as a gift after he took care of me on a deal. Ever since then he has been like my best friend.

He a total douche bag if he didnt!:cool:

sportsnbikes
09-06-2013, 10:04 PM

So he gives you a good deal then you give him a gamer?

I think there is probably a conflict of interest in this...lack of integrity on his part. IMHO.

G1X
09-09-2013, 11:58 PM
My experiences in dealing with Justin and the Royals over the past week in obtaining a jersey were exceptionally excellent. The Washington Nationals played in Kansas City several weeks ago, and the game on August 24th was the Salute to the Negro Leagues game honoring the 1942 World Series between the Monarchs and the Grays. Living in the DC area, I was hoping to pick up a Washington "Grays" jersey from the game as only a few were placed on MLB Auctions with none of those being my favorite players.

I initially sent an email to Royals Charities who immediately responded and referred me to the Royals Coordinator of Marketing. Before I had a chance to call him, Justin of Royals Authentics contacted me indicating that he would know within a week if they would have any jerseys available. He emailed a few days later asking which players were of interest. I replied, and he responded saying that they were available, and he later emailed a complete list of the jerseys available for both Kansas City and Washington.

Jayson called yesterday to finalize the transaction. Not only was he very pleasant and helpful, we chatted for about 10 minutes about Royals Authentics and the Negro Leagues Museum (proceeds from the sales of the jerseys go to the Museum). He mentioned that he had dealt with several DC-area fans who had also purchased Grays jerseys, and he was very complimentary of the interactions with them.

I have also purchased items from the Cubs, Giants, Braves, and Nationals this year, and like Justin with the Royals, I have had very positive experiences with each team as they have bent over backwards to be helpful and were very courteous in our transactions.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Spiralstairs
09-10-2013, 10:03 AM
My experiences in dealing with Justin and the Royals over the past week in obtaining a jersey were exceptionally excellent. The Washington Nationals played in Kansas City several weeks ago, and the game on August 24th was the Salute to the Negro Leagues game honoring the 1942 World Series between the Monarchs and the Grays. Living in the DC area, I was hoping to pick up a Washington "Grays" jersey from the game as only a few were placed on MLB Auctions with none of those being my favorite players.

I initially sent an email to Royals Charities who immediately responded and referred me to the Royals Coordinator of Marketing. Before I had a chance to call him, Justin of Royals Authentics contacted me indicating that he would know within a week if they would have any jerseys available. He emailed a few days later asking which players were of interest. I replied, and he responded saying that they were available, and he later emailed a complete list of the jerseys available for both Kansas City and Washington.

Jayson called yesterday to finalize the transaction. Not only was he very pleasant and helpful, we chatted for about 10 minutes about Royals Authentics and the Negro Leagues Museum (proceeds from the sales of the jerseys go to the Museum). He mentioned that he had dealt with several DC-area fans who had also purchased Grays jerseys, and he was very complimentary of the interactions with them.

I have also purchased items from the Cubs, Giants, Braves, and Nationals this year, and like Justin with the Royals, I have had very positive experiences with each team as they have bent over backwards to be helpful and were very courteous in our transactions.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

Interesting. I received an email last week from Justin about the throwback jerseys and also wanted to pick up a Grays jersey. I replied to him within minutes about my preference, but despite checking in with him again, I have heard nothing. He'd said in his email that he'd be processing requests on a first-come-first-serve basis, so it's a little frustrating.

G1X
09-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Try giving him a phone call at 816-504-4345.

Good luck and best wishes!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

G1X
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Nationals (Grays) jersey arrived today. Can't say enough good things on how well this transaction went for me from beginning to end.

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net

jbean023
09-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Does anyone know Justin's boss or supervisor, I will be contacting them tomorrow whether I get info from here or the Royals themselves. He sent out a list of Negro League uniforms available at 3:44 and I just happened to be on my email and responded at 3:45 so I guarantee I was first in line with a request of 4 jerseys. I have yet to hear back from him after multiple calls saying we will be processing jerseys in order of emails. Now to hear that other folks already have jerseys I will be contacting his supervisor and letting him know all the complaints on this site and my 3 awful experiences with Justin. I'm so glad I'm not a Royals fan.

Spiralstairs
09-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Does anyone know Justin's boss or supervisor, I will be contacting them tomorrow whether I get info from here or the Royals themselves. He sent out a list of Negro League uniforms available at 3:44 and I just happened to be on my email and responded at 3:45 so I guarantee I was first in line with a request of 4 jerseys. I have yet to hear back from him after multiple calls saying we will be processing jerseys in order of emails. Now to hear that other folks already have jerseys I will be contacting his supervisor and letting him know all the complaints on this site and my 3 awful experiences with Justin. I'm so glad I'm not a Royals fan.
I am in a similar boat (though my reply email was 20 minutes after his -- I was not as quick on the gun, apparently). No word despite multiple efforts to contact him.

Griffey24fan
09-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I would guess in the following order as both are listed above him on the Front Office page under Business Operations.

Cindy Hamilton - Executive Administrative Assistant

or

Kevin Uhlich - Senior Vice President Business Operations

Griffey24fan
09-15-2013, 08:46 PM

If you find a better contact info I would be interested in it as I have been extremely unhappy with him as well. He was not qualified for this position which is pretty clear with the customer service skills he possesses.

Dodgers101
09-16-2013, 12:14 AM
90% of my experiences with team ran authentics stores have been poor, with the only 2 exceptions being Detroit (Marc) and Philadelphia (John) those 2 are far and above the best in the business. While I have never dealt with the Royals having heard so much negativity it would probably be a waist of time to even try. I used to have great success with the Mets but as of the last couple of times I have tried to contact they have not returned my calls or emails so time to move on and take my money elsewhere. Just my 2 cents on the authentics store topic.

Wrigley2010
09-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Customer service is a dying art. Now a days businesses act as if though they are doing us a favor by selling their goods. With that being said I think these team run authentics stores could take a lesson from the Rays. In my experiences they are the bench mark when it comes to team authentics stores.

jbean023
09-16-2013, 03:28 PM
I contacted Justin today and yet again as soon as he answered and I said my name and question about the jerseys he stuttered to say he is in a meeting(heard wind and music in background). I then sent him a text letting know that his customer service and communication skills are not up to par and that I will be filing a complaint with the necessary folks, again no response he doesn't care about customers. If anyone would like to call him direct and express their displeasure his cell phone number is 913 909 2757. In a position like his there is no room for lying or favorites, he wont last long.

Hoosier39
09-16-2013, 08:26 PM
I contacted Justin today and yet again as soon as he answered and I said my name and question about the jerseys he stuttered to say he is in a meeting(heard wind and music in background). I then sent him a text letting know that his customer service and communication skills are not up to par and that I will be filing a complaint with the necessary folks, again no response he doesn't care about customers. If anyone would like to call him direct and express their displeasure his cell phone number is 913 909 2757. In a position like his there is no room for lying or favorites, he wont last long.

Everyone reports to someone, I don't care who you are. Texting/calling him won't do any good because he could probably care less, obviously. If you want change, talk to the person he reports to, and like another poster recommended, reference this thread.

beef
09-17-2013, 04:25 PM
I have to change my previous statement, I did get a return email and my corresponding phone call got the deal done for a fair price. He explained that he's days or weeks behind on emails because he's a one man crew. He seemed more than helpful for any future purchases...my advice would be to have patience. I didn't experience the rudeness so I can't comment on that side of it. -Ryan

Griffey24fan
09-17-2013, 06:15 PM
It is easy to make excuses, this is his job, this is what he wanted to do.

That being the case how hard is it to sit at his computer and return emails and phone calls promptly or even be cordial to the customers who come in the store. It is the Royals, I really doubt he gets so much traffic he can't keep up but rather lacks necessary management skills. (Anyone who disagrees look at Marc from the Tigers, he replies within the hour, usually minutes.)

Rather than shooting the ..... with co workers in the store during the game why not get caught up and spend an hour returning emails? That way he can go into the next day with that evenings requests etc and phone calls from the previous day.

I have said it before he is in over his head as he had no experience with this hobby before hand.

Hoosier39
09-17-2013, 06:38 PM
It is easy to make excuses, this is his job, this is what he wanted to do.

That being the case how hard is it to sit at his computer and return emails and phone calls promptly or even be cordial to the customers who come in the store. It is the Royals, I really doubt he gets so much traffic he can't keep up but rather lacks necessary management skills. (Anyone who disagrees look at Marc from the Tigers, he replies within the hour, usually minutes.)

Rather than shooting the ..... with co workers in the store during the game why not get caught up and spend an hour returning emails? That way he can go into the next day with that evenings requests etc and phone calls from the previous day.

I have said it before he is in over his head as he had no experience with this hobby before hand.

The people in charge of these stores for every team, I try to give them a break. They don't think of this stuff as important as we do. They could care less what a game used bat is.

That being said, that isn't an excuse for non customer service skills, rudeness, unanswered emails, and understaffed. If he really is understaffed, he's had all year to speak up and get some help. I know for a fact some seasonals would gladly help him.

On a side note, I'm almost positive he came on here a while back and posted that he was taking over the Royals authentics and to let him know what everyone wanted.(something along the lines of that). What exactly did he expect when you make a post like that?

And one more thing- Marc of the Tigers isn't bad, but one of the reasons why he responds to you faster is because his prices are so effin high that he probably gets very little emails to begin with.

beachpetrol
09-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Is this the same Justin you all are talking about:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=54281

Griffey24fan
09-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Yes that is the same guy