PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions Coming to Kansas City

ChrisCavalier
08-28-2013, 02:12 PM
Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to let you all know that, on behalf of Goldin Auctions, I will be coming to Kansas City September 16-18. I will be hosted by Jeff Logan of the Kansas City Baseball Historical Society and I am coming in to speak with collectors and answer any memorabilia related questions they may have. If you are in the Kansas City area on these dates, I hope to meet some of you there in person. I will be posting more information regarding the details but wanted to let everyone know the dates in advance.

Btw Wes, unless you have a meeting scheduled with Barack Obama, I trust I will see you there :)

Sincerely,
Chris

sportsnbikes
08-28-2013, 04:52 PM
Awesome! I live here. I'll try and make it!

sportsnbikes
08-28-2013, 04:54 PM
You're going to get out to a game at the K right? They play Cleveland on the dates your here!

ChrisCavalier
08-28-2013, 07:12 PM
You're going to get out to a game at the K right? They play Cleveland on the dates your here!
Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the post. My primary purpose for coming is to meet some of the collectors in Kansas City and I know Jeff is setting up some meetings and opportunities for people to ask me questions about the industry, memorabilia, etc. I think we are also likely going to try to catch the game on Tuesday and invite anyone who wants to come to allow more time for questions. Hopefully you will be able to join us.

-Chris

CampWest
09-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Gahh... That's a bummer on date, it looks like I'll be unavailable on 16th - 17th, and doubtful for the 18th. Would've been fun. Guess I'll have to catch you next time.

ChrisCavalier
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Gahh... That's a bummer on date, it looks like I'll be unavailable on 16th - 17th, and doubtful for the 18th. Would've been fun. Guess I'll have to catch you next time.
Okay Wes. Please post your meeting invitation from Barack Obama.

-Chris

ChrisCavalier
09-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Hey Everyone,

I sent out an email this morning for people in the Kansas City area. Just in case you didn't get it, here is the text from the email:

The Kansas City Baseball Historical Society (KCBHS) has graciously invited me to come to Kansas City this month to meet with its members and answer any questions people have about the sports memorabilia industry. There will be two events we will be having and Jeff Logan, the head of the KCBHS, was kind enough to want to extend the invitation to Game Used Universe members as well.

The events are:

1) The Kansas City Royals game against the Cleveland Indians on Monday, September 16 at 7:10 PM CST. We will be able to get tickets for $10 per person but would need to know in advance how many people are attending.

2) Dinner at Chappell's Restaurant and Sports Museum on Tuesday, September 17 at 6:30 PM CST. There is no admission charge and the only cost would be the exact restaurant charge if you want to order food. The address is 323 Armour Rd, Kansas City, Missouri 64116. Please feel free to show up if you can make it as there is no limit on attendance.

In addition, while I am in Kansas City, I will be looking for items to possibly feature on the television show 'A Piece of the Game.' I am participating in the show as a representative of Goldin Auctions and the show producers are looking for items with interesting stories that they can use on the program. If you have any unique items with interesting backgrounds, please feel free to bring the items, and the stories, and we can discuss the possibility of featuring the items on the show. For those not familiar with the program, here is a link to the Piece of the Game website that includes a trailer explaining the show:

http://www.apieceofthegame.tv

If you are interested in attending the Royals/Indians game on September 16 with our group, please email me ASAP at chris@gameuseduniverse.com to let me know. Again, we will need to get a headcount ASAP as we will need to purchase the tickets in advance to get that rate. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 925.413.1429. I would sincerely look forward to seeing any Game Used Universe members in person while I'm in Kansas City.

Sincerely,
Chris

murfsteve25
09-14-2013, 01:24 PM
I'll be at the game on Monday. I wouldn't mind meeting some of you guys in personin chatting a bit.

sportsnbikes
09-19-2013, 12:46 PM
I completely forgot about this. I was even at all 3 games this week. I could've showed you the gloves Hosmer threw up to me at early BP on Moday. I hope you enjoyed the stadium and more importantly, the game itself.

murfsteve25
09-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Thats pretty cool. I was there for BP as well, but I was behind the Indians dugout. I was trying to get Masterson's autograph, which turned out to be successful. But the stadium is pretty nice. Deff unique and different from the other stadiums that I've visited. I'm jealous you got his batting gloves, he's a good player.

sportsnbikes
09-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Thats pretty cool. I was there for BP as well, but I was behind the Indians dugout. I was trying to get Masterson's autograph, which turned out to be successful. But the stadium is pretty nice. Deff unique and different from the other stadiums that I've visited. I'm jealous you got his batting gloves, he's a good player.

Were you at early bird? If so, I probably saw you. I was on the Royals side then went over to the Cleveland side. Were you there by yourself?

murfsteve25
09-21-2013, 08:45 PM
No I was there with my cousin. We got the when the Indians were on the field. Was in the outfield for a little bit before heading to behind the dugout right before bp was over

sportsnbikes
09-23-2013, 02:12 PM
No I was there with my cousin. We got the when the Indians were on the field. Was in the outfield for a little bit before heading to behind the dugout right before bp was over

Dang I wish I would've known. I would've liked to meet you. Maybe next year! Do you live in the KC area?

murfsteve25
09-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Dang I wish I would've known. I would've liked to meet you. Maybe next year! Do you live in the KC area?

Ya I was wanting to meet some people from the forum. Maybe another time. I'm stationed 20minutes east of st louis. But I'm moving to Delaware in February.