PDA

View Full Version : I Collect Brandon Phillips Game Used Bats, Hit Balls, Jerseys, Gloves, etc

dplettn
08-23-2013, 03:20 PM
I am a collector of Brandon Phillips game used bats, hit balls, and similar items. I might not be the best guy to start this communal thread as my own contributions will be scarce because my "DatDudeBP" collection is very modest. Heck, I don't even have one of his bats yet. But, I think our hobby will benefit from having a place to share Brandon Phillips items with one another with a similar prideful mentality as the Joey Votto Game Used Memorabilia (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56964) and Jay Bruce Game Used Memorabilia (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56937) threads. So, I'm happy to get it started.

The parameters here are the same. With recognition that this forum was not designed for these threads to be used in marketing items for sale, please don't post something then put it up on eBay. Also, please don't put a sign saying "I pay top dollar for ...." then be seen selling similar items to the highest bidder. The purpose of this thread is for we collectors to share our items and our passion with one another and to grow the hobby we are passionate about. Its not for small scale entrepreneurs to grow crops, nor harvest them. Put simply, please do not abuse the parameters of this forum to draw attention to items you intend to sell.

If anybody has an item they would like to share but they would like to do so with anonymity, please e-mail plettner at fuse dot net. I will be happy to post items on behalf of their owners and provide anonymity to those owners. If I'm asked to post something without properly vetting the items' provenance, I'll make such clear when posted. All items shown here should only be displayed only with the consent of their owners.

With that said, let's show off our passion for Brandon Phillips. Here is a 2011 extra base RBI from Interleague Play. Brandon himself reviewed the MLB authentication data before inscribing the ball. Then, he had fun inscribing it. From what I've seen Brandon is one of today's athletes who truly cares about his signature and how its used. Similarly, Brandon cares about his fans. So lets show our care for him and hope the man himself will benefit from the honor of this thread.

frikativ54
08-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Mods, do you think it might be a good idea to merge these threads into the player collection (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33184&highlight=player+collections) thread? I don't mean this with any disrespect, but imagine if everybody started a thread about his or her three favorite players.

amgmap
08-23-2013, 04:14 PM
I love seeing everyone's player collections, so what if there was a separate section where collectors could post their collections, like how this thread started? Just a thought. That way there wouldn't be one huge monster thread to look through. Just my .02 :D

frikativ54
08-23-2013, 04:49 PM
I love seeing everyone's player collections, so what if there was a separate section where collectors could post their collections, like how this thread started? Just a thought. That way there wouldn't be one huge monster thread to look through. Just my .02 :D

Great idea. :)

HawaiiSportsNut
08-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Mods, do you think it might be a good idea to merge these threads into the player collection (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=33184&highlight=player+collections) thread? I don't mean this with any disrespect, but imagine if everybody started a thread about his or her three favorite players.

I agree with you.

Members should think about starting a website for thier collections. You can start one on facebook, I did that for my Kurt Suzuki collection. My wife also made a regular Suzuki fan website for my "Zuk" memorabilia.

dplettn
08-23-2013, 05:16 PM
I agree with you.

Members should think about starting a website for thier collections. You can start one on facebook, I did that for my Kurt Suzuki collection. My wife also made a regular Suzuki fan website for my "Zuk" memorabilia.

While that is always an option for folks who want to display just their stuff, I think those who have actually followed the threads will find these are focused looks at items from multiple collectors of the same player. There are lots of "I's" who collect Votto/Bruce/Cano, etc

Is there is an arbitrary number of how many players deserve a focused thread for their collectors to share the passion, similar to Cano?

HawaiiSportsNut
08-23-2013, 05:49 PM
While that is always an option for folks who want to display just their stuff, I think those who have actually followed the threads will find these are focused looks at items from multiple collectors of the same player. There are lots of "I's" who collect Votto/Bruce/Cano, etc

Is there is an arbitrary number of how many players deserve a focused thread for their collectors to share the passion, similar to Cano?

Perhaps you are right, my apologizes.

Brucefan32
08-23-2013, 11:46 PM
This is a reason I rarely post..:cool:

jbean023
08-24-2013, 01:11 AM
This is a reason I rarely post..:cool:

TOUCHE` Brucefan!! This is very disrespectful to be posting on dplettn's thread, he and other collectors have worked very hard to provide extensive information on each item in detail and provide photos. Its the Game Used Memorabilia discussion board and its not like they are posting PC's of Tony Cingrani. I myself like that this is happening, I don't like Lets see your patch jerseys or lets see your Milwaukee brewers items. I might love to see Ryan Braun items but care less to see your Ricky Weeks items so I think individual player collection posts is fantastic. If you have a problem with the posts and want to put a note in the mods "comment box" then contact the mods. Maybe the mods hate Brandon Phillips,now how do they get to read your absurd posts on your ideas? Now I have to scroll through your ungratefulness to look at Brandon Phillips items! Going through the Votto, Bruce, and Phillips threads I was overwhelmed with the attention to detail and explanation you have given dplettn so keep it up I commend you! Now what I think you should do dplettn is contact Chris or TNTToys to delete all the unnecessary comments including mine so you and other collectors can focus on the thread at hand. This isn't a discussion thread on washed vs unwashed jerseys or what you prefer, this is a thread of Brandon Phillips game used items so what should be posted on here is positive feedback to the collectors taking their time to post pictures and share their collection with you or your game used Phillips items. If the whole first page of the Game Used Memorabilia discussion board is single player collections then so be it, don't click on them and go to page 2 if you don't like it. This is a FREE website if you want to complain read CNN!! Dplettn and Bruce I apologize for my post, I would ask Chris or TNTToys to delete all the unnecessary posts in this thread and keep up the good work! And this is coming from a Cubs fan!

dplettn
08-24-2013, 03:04 PM
TOUCHE` Brucefan!! This is very disrespectful to be posting on dplettn's thread, he and other collectors have worked very hard to provide extensive information on each item in detail and provide photos. Its the Game Used Memorabilia discussion board and its not like they are posting PC's of Tony Cingrani. I myself like that this is happening, I don't like Lets see your patch jerseys or lets see your Milwaukee brewers items. I might love to see Ryan Braun items but care less to see your Ricky Weeks items so I think individual player collection posts is fantastic. If you have a problem with the posts and want to put a note in the mods "comment box" then contact the mods. Maybe the mods hate Brandon Phillips,now how do they get to read your absurd posts on your ideas? Now I have to scroll through your ungratefulness to look at Brandon Phillips items! Going through the Votto, Bruce, and Phillips threads I was overwhelmed with the attention to detail and explanation you have given dplettn so keep it up I commend you! Now what I think you should do dplettn is contact Chris or TNTToys to delete all the unnecessary comments including mine so you and other collectors can focus on the thread at hand. This isn't a discussion thread on washed vs unwashed jerseys or what you prefer, this is a thread of Brandon Phillips game used items so what should be posted on here is positive feedback to the collectors taking their time to post pictures and share their collection with you or your game used Phillips items. If the whole first page of the Game Used Memorabilia discussion board is single player collections then so be it, don't click on them and go to page 2 if you don't like it. This is a FREE website if you want to complain read CNN!! Dplettn and Bruce I apologize for my post, I would ask Chris or TNTToys to delete all the unnecessary posts in this thread and keep up the good work! And this is coming from a Cubs fan!

Attention Mods: I haven't so far contacted you guys directly regarding this at all. I was at the game last night watching BP hit a home run and nodding my head with positive energy when noticing a fellow forum member there in a Chris Sabo jersey.... Not being consumed by negative energy. If/when you guys read this, removing comments 2-10 (10 being this one) on this thread would probably be appropriate. As noted in the text which which I created this thread, I'm not likely to be the biggest contributors on this particular thread. But I do share jbean023's observation about this thread. And that is no complaint about other members. Unfair to members who may become big contributors to this thread, I think the thread presently presents with a certain lack of courtesy to its intended purpose. Just my two cents... Not sure that the thread would become as heavily used as similar player-focused threads for Harper, Cano, Bruce anyway. Whatever you choose to do/not do, I respect and accept.

Respectfully Yours,
dplettn

HawaiiSportsNut
08-26-2013, 12:36 AM
dplettn... I would like to apologize to you for writing what I did. I should not have let my mouth (or fingers on keyboards) speak before letting my idiotic brain think first. Once again my deepest apologizes for ruining a perfectly good thread.

Yes, moderators please remove my first posting in this thread & any other comments not pertaining to the main subject.

amgmap
08-26-2013, 04:59 PM
dplettn, I echo HawaiiSportsNut's comments as well. I meant no offense in my prior post and apologize. I, as many other collectors, also like to share my collection with other collectors and am very thankful that I am able to take part in this hobby. I was just trying to think of a way to simplify the posts and did not mean to take away anything at all from your awesome collection. You have many great items and I look forward to seeing many more! :)