PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Voiding Their GU Contracts

bballzs14
08-21-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm trying to track down a Dez game worn jersey, and in the process, I'm learning that they've recently voided all of their GU vendor contracts. I tried the Pro Shop, Online Store, Game Day Connections, Steiner, and they all said the same thing.

Anyone know what the status is or be willing to share a contact that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

EA884
08-22-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd love to know the same thing. I keep searching around for that answer but can't seem to find any information. There are lots of Cowboys fans on here; someone is bound to know. Any help out there?

Phil316
08-22-2013, 09:39 PM
If they where smart they would market their own items.

hfd0035
08-22-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm trying to track down a Dez game worn jersey, and in the process, I'm learning that they've recently voided all of their GU vendor contracts. I tried the Pro Shop, Online Store, Game Day Connections, Steiner, and they all said the same thing.

Anyone know what the status is or be willing to share a contact that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Its Highland Mint. They had a Dez and a Romo a few months ago. If I remember correctly the price on Dez was $7000. I was also emailed about a GU Ratliff helmet last week.

bballzs14
08-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll give them a ring!

EA884
08-23-2013, 08:12 PM
I just checked the Highland Mint website and all I saw were coins and different memorabilia pictures. Am I missing something on their site?

beaglegypsy003
08-23-2013, 08:14 PM
I checked the site also and found the same thing.

808jerseys
08-24-2013, 02:46 AM
Ask for Steve McRae, at Highland Mint. He is the contact there for Cowboys stuff.

808jerseys
08-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Ask for Steve McRae, at Highland Mint. He is the contact there for Cowboys stuff.

Steven J. McRae
Account Executive
The Highland Mint
800-544-6135 Ext. 137
321-773-2727 Ext. 137
321-777-9500 (Fax)
smcrae@thehighlandmint.com
www.thehighlandmint.com

jbean023
08-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah good luck with Highland, nothing against Steve as its his job to get the highest dollar but we have seen with the BP ASG baseballs jerseys unless you have a diamond in the rough you wont be able to get half of what you put in to the jersey. Dez Bryant jersey for 7 to 8K is just unreal, Ill pass and try to pick up reebok jerseys which I'm more of a fan of anyways. Looks like you will be paying 1K for special teams players, my advice like a lot of collectors are doing is baseball and other sports buy vintage or years past the Nike jerseys will cool off eventually, maybe the first few years buy 2011 and prior. I've learned one key to being a successful collector is knowing when to show patience, don't pay 10K for a jersey now just to have it when in 2 years you can pay 2K. Steve is great to have a conversation with but as far as a company Highland and the greed they show keeps me away. I might try to obtain 1 Nike jersey from this Cowboys 2013 season but after season ends and jerseys aren't in demand.

808jerseys
08-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Yeah good luck with Highland, nothing against Steve as its his job to get the highest dollar but we have seen with the BP ASG baseballs jerseys unless you have a diamond in the rough you wont be able to get half of what you put in to the jersey. Dez Bryant jersey for 7 to 8K is just unreal, Ill pass and try to pick up reebok jerseys which I'm more of a fan of anyways. Looks like you will be paying 1K for special teams players, my advice like a lot of collectors are doing is baseball and other sports buy vintage or years past the Nike jerseys will cool off eventually, maybe the first few years buy 2011 and prior. I've learned one key to being a successful collector is knowing when to show patience, don't pay 10K for a jersey now just to have it when in 2 years you can pay 2K. Steve is great to have a conversation with but as far as a company Highland and the greed they show keeps me away. I might try to obtain 1 Nike jersey from this Cowboys 2013 season but after season ends and jerseys aren't in demand.

JBean is correct in veiws, of Highland Mint as well as on Steve. Steve does get nice stuff, just out of my price range.
Best of luck & Happy collecting!

bballzs14
08-25-2013, 04:38 PM
That all makes a lot of sense. Thanks for talking me off the over-paying cliff!