PDA

View Full Version : I Collect Joey Votto Game Used Bats, Hit Balls, Jerseys, Gloves, etc

dplettn
08-19-2013, 02:23 PM
I am a collector of Joey Votto game used bats, hit balls, and similar items. His focus and discipline and may not get the same attention in any year as a guy who then hits 40 or more home runs, but lends to his consistency. When Votto swings the bat, he does so with thoughtful purpose where to hit a line drive… or often to waste an adversary’s best pitch. His line outs are worthy of awe, and he reacts with vehement care. Votto doesn’t fit that for which today’s populace yearns; he uses a discriminating eye unparalleled among similarly competent sluggers. As Joey’s raw extra base numbers are deflated by walks, he scores runs for his Reds. He works hard to be excellent as a fielder and Votto often deflects direct praise to his teammates. Statistically, his long term importance to Reds Nation may be best demonstrated by consistent “OBPS” (On Base Plus Slugging) – north of 950 in aggregate over his first seven seasons. Joey Votto is a winner.

I wanted to create a board to showcase some spectacular Joey Votto game used memorabilia. His aptitude warrants praise among us who cherish game used items. I’d love to see unique items I haven’t seen before from prideful collectors. If your items are available for sale, use e-mail (plettner at fuse dot net). Please do not abuse the parameters of this forum to draw attention to items you intend to sell. All items shown here should only to be displayed only with the consent of their owners.

Here is a first item to display on the thread, Joey Votto's 20th career HR ball. The ball was hit into the Pittsburgh Pirates' bullpen at Great American Ballpark in September of 2008 and is currently on display at the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum, sharing a case with his 2012 Mothers Day Walk Off Grand Slam Jersey and Fielding Glove worn in his first MLB Futures Game. When in Cincinnati, all should check out the exhibit. Hopefully this thread will tempt your senses!

dplettn
08-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Joey Votto's 942nd career "hit ball" was his 11th triple -- July 24, 2013. Joey coasted into third standing after blasting this ball off the 421 sign in right center. The Reds won 8-3, taking the road and season series against the World Champs.

dplettn
08-19-2013, 03:08 PM
Joey Votto's 204th career double and 470th RBI occurred during May of 2013, in which he batted 388 with a 1123 OBPS. That's a scary bat to face... just ask the ball!

Always looking to see special Votto Hit/HR balls and other unique items... plettner at fuse dot net

dplettn
08-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Joey Votto’s 697th career hit on Opening Day 2012

This ball was Votto’s 1st hit following his $225 million contract extension, the richest in Reds history. This particular ball was MLB authenticated without relevance as FJ 597369. In addition to my own observance, uninterrupted video of the ball proves the historic hit ball stayed in play until striking Rolen during the following AB.

Special ball from (I hope) a career Cincinnati Red...

Some items I post will not reveal the MLB database id as this photo does. For items MLB authenticated with relevance to their meaningful use, I generally don't justify to display/publicize MLB database identification. Doing so may eventually increase risk for such items to become targets of incredulous folks if/when such folks begin imitating MLB hologram stickers. Obviously my perspective will be perceived silly to many. Just the same, items on our forum are shared only with however much discretion deemed appropriate by their bearers. Anyone trusting me to see their items (plettner at fuse dot net), can be assured of my own desired level of discretion.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
08-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Much like Dan I collect Joey Votto GU and unique items. I however do not consider myself a GU ball collector, but through my relationship with Dan I am starting to enjoy finding meaningful GU balls for my collection. Though mine pale in comparison to Dan's awesome GU ball collection these two Votto balls have a lot of meaning to me!

4/12/13 at Pittsburgh Votto hit a single off of AJ Burnett for career hit #832. This was my first born son's 2nd birthday!

8/11/13 vs Padres Votto foul ball off of Ian Kennedy. Absolutely swung out of his cleats on this foul ball! Had my 2 year old son on my knee cheering "Get a hit Votto, get a hit!" When Votto made contact he clapped and cheered. Was overly excited to see this at the GU stand in the 8th inning that day. Votto hit a walk-off sac fly to win in 13th.

dplettn
08-19-2013, 04:33 PM
4/12/13 at Pittsburgh Votto hit a single off of AJ Burnett for career hit #832. This was my first born son's 2nd birthday!

Himes: I was so happy when you got that ball! I find it really wonderful that you recognize the most important reasons to cherish certain items. I hope you'll share more of your astonishing Votto collection here! You are kind about mine... I'm in awe of yours :)

joelsabi
08-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Joey Votto's 942nd career "hit ball" was his 11th triple -- July 24, 2013. Joey coasted into third standing after blasting this ball off the 421 sign in right center. The Reds won 8-3, taking the road and season series against the World Champs.

isnt that Venus that you circled in the photo?

dplettn
08-19-2013, 11:11 PM
isnt that Venus that you circled in the photo?

Ha... No, its actually a UFO that travels around to Joey's games. Joey is not from this planet, you see. Look where the UFO was at Great American Ballpark earlier this year!

Joey Votto's 148th Home Run Ball

The Reds were rained out on July 4th, so Votto waited until the next day to celebrate. On an Interleague Play "Fireworks Friday", Votto launched HR #148 off former teammate (and Ace) Aaron Harang. The blast landed in the Riverboat/Batter's Eye camera well. Perhaps we now know Canadians too like to launch fireworks to celebrate Independence Day! While the Reds' home telecast credited the home run as 443 feet, ESPN Home Run Tracker estimated it at only 433.

To be clear, I do not claim to own this ball. I am glad that this thread allows everyone the benefit to see it. I have talked to other Joey Votto collectors today who really like this thread. Some are open to share their own items only if they can do so with anonymity.

E-mails that share your items are always welcome: plettner at fuse dot net. Photos and provenance for all items will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and discretion.

video of Votto's 148th career HR (http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=28628139&c_id=mlb&topic_id=vtp_longest_drives)

rchimes13@yahoo.com
08-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Want to highlight one of my favorite Joey Votto bats. Here is his 2010 All Star Game used bat photo-matched to his 2nd at bat of the ASG game (cannot find a good picture of first AB). It was Joey's very first All-Star Game which makes this even more important to my collection. Photo mactched to contact marks on back of barrel, but even more so with the knob which shows 32.1 oz, and nicks and grain lines match perfectly!

dplettn
08-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Want to highlight one of my favorite Joey Votto bats. Here is his 2010 All Star Game used bat photo-matched to his 2nd at bat of the ASG game (cannot find a good picture of first AB). It was Joey's very first All-Star Game which makes this even more important to my collection. Photo mactched to contact marks on back of barrel, but even more so with the knob which shows 32.1 oz, and nicks and grain lines match perfectly!

Absolutely unbelievable item. And with an understanding the difficulty to attain a definitely accurately attributed '10 ASG bat, its one that you earned too! A tip of the cap to you, Himes!

Can't wait to see your continued sharing! Lessor fielding gloves can't be shared until the very best is displayed! Like, oh say, his rookie glove...

dplettn
08-21-2013, 11:47 AM
Joey Votto’s 955th career hit, a one-hop laser pulled to the right field wall on his Bobblehead Night. The ball remained in play for five more pitches until fouled into the dirt toward the Reds dugout and batboy Ted Kremer. The Reds defeated the A’s, 3-1.

Unique items are neat not only to attain, but merely for all of us to see and enjoy with appropriate discretion! For those who are interested to display their Votto items with anonymity, please e-mail plettner at fuse dot net.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
08-21-2013, 02:42 PM
One of the main clogs in my Votto Collection is his 2008 rookie season Game Used / Inscribed Fielders Glove. I have it photo-matched to numerous pictures in 2008, but was recently able to find a 2007 AAA picture where I can match the Rawlings serial numbers (too grainy to post)...can only assume this glove was used during 2007 MLB Debut as September call-up.

dplettn
08-21-2013, 03:54 PM
With Himes having shared the apex, other Votto fielding gloves can humbly join the party :)

Having spoken to a former MLB player about this Votto glove, I think its very reasonable based on the inner wear of Himes' to make an informed judgement that the '08 glove was used extensively enough to exceed one season.

There has been discussion on our forum about alternate gloves to which use in the '06 Futures Game had been implied by inscriptions and/or provenance letters. This glove, displayed at the Reds Hall of Fame with the previously shown 20th HR ball and Walk Off Grand Slam Mothers Day Jersey is photo matched to Getty image 71404082. Most of the wisdom discovered since an earlier thread (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=269302) pertaining to this glove was is credited to Himes. {comparing/contrasting two similarly attributed gloves to the high resolution picture and accounting for the timing and chain of custody of each}

The additional observation and research I contributed dispelled the possibility that the Getty photo could have been taken during practice for the '06 MLB Futures Game. The final score of the Yankees game on the Scoreboard in the background assures the photo was taken during the '06 MLB Futures Game (not warmups). The '06 MLB Futures Game began before the Yankees game went final. This Glove was sold shortly after the '06 Futures Game by Votto's then authorized GU memorabilia agent with provenance showing it in its current condition.

Joey Votto Game Used Fielding Glove
Last Used: '06 MLB Futures Game in Pittsburgh

dplettn
08-21-2013, 04:16 PM
To be clear, I am not claiming to own the item below. This thread is being created with the interest of items being posted with anonymity to their owners. If you have an item you'd like to post with anonymity and/or any other type of discretion please contact plettner at fuse dot net.

Joey Votto hit his 125th career Home Run off RA Dickey, the eventual National League Cy Young winner. The ball crashed into the upper deck facing creating a wave/ripple that could be seen in slow motion.

Joey Votto's 125th career Home Run ball

Brucefan32
08-21-2013, 05:45 PM
I believe I was at that game for my first New York visit. This is the game used lineup card. Sorry its a little blurry.

dplettn
08-22-2013, 03:05 PM
I believe I was at that game for my first New York visit. This is the game used lineup card. Sorry its a little blurry.

No worries about the blur, a joy to see! Hope your visit to see the Big Apple in the Big Apple was fun. That you got to make the trip during the 50th anniversary season is a nice bonus! I got to spend some of my young adulthood living there. Fun place to be. Still remember bringing my now-wife to Shea stadium wearing a Griffey Jr jersey. Fortunately nobody attacked her. Even my bad baseball experience in New York was memorable. It was pretty rough watching the Mets beat the Reds in the '99 one game playoff (at Cinergy Field) from a Times Square sports bar where my misery didn't have much company.

Thanks Frank for your contribution here and also to the Jay Bruce Game Used (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56937) thread.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
08-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Having fun highlighting the items individually. Here is my absolute favorite bat and one that has several important career milestones attached...Joey Votto use this bat on 6/25/11 to get career hit #600, but before #600 were #598 & 599 which happened to also be career HR's #100 and 101! Worked extremely hard to obtain this bat, from Tim at HOF Bats, which makes it even the more gratifying. MLB authenticated to the break on the following day 6/26/11 (also have amazing pic of that) and was donated by Votto to then Orioles relief pitcher Roberto Hernandez to raffle for funds to help pay for his youth traveling baseball team the St. Pete Saints 12U (have COA from him as well)

dplettn
08-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Here is my absolute favorite bat and one that has several important career milestones attached...Joey Votto use this bat on 6/25/11 to get career hit #600, but before #600 were #598 & 599 which happened to also be career HR's #100 and 101! Worked extremely hard to obtain this bat, from Tim at HOF Bats, which makes it even the more gratifying.

Himes:

Every time I hear a whisper about that bat, the sound I feel is thunder! Your photo with the crack revealing in a bolt shape sure isn't going to change that. I've been excited about your good fortune with the 100th HR bat since you and Tim were first talking about it. And, I'll second your applause for Hall of Fame Bats (http://www.hofbats.com/) -- Tim is an exceptional among dealers and does things the right way.

Its sure great to see your bat here. Here are pics of the 600th hit ball, which was MLB authenticated when thrown in the dirt to Rolen on the very next pitch. Also, the picture is of the swing that produced hit #600 on the same day and with the same bat (yours) as HRs 100 and 101. Magical Day for Votto and the Reds at Camden Yards.

Tip of the cap to you, Himes! You have an astonishing collection and I'm honored to have seen it in person.

600th Hit Ball
same game, same bat as HRs 100+101

dplettn
08-25-2013, 12:11 AM
To a collector, all items can be special and garner our unique attention no matter how big, or how small. This story that follows may sound silly. Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I rank high in "dork factor". But hey, its a pennant race. Let me explain...

Yesterday Joey Votto went 0 for 5 and the Reds lost to the Brewers, falling 3 1/2 back in the NL Central. So today I actually carried the pictured ball around with me in my pocket. Why? Well today, Votto's Reds were facing Wily Peralta as an opposing starter. And, this ball in my pocket was a Votto hit off Peralta from a prior winning game. I'm not superstitious enough to wear dirty socks, but I do like game used stuff anyway. So, why not!

As luck would have it, Votto ended his sour streak immediately tonight with a 1st inning hit off Peralta -- identical circumstance to career hit #965 (photograph below taken today). Votto also homered tonight. Did this ball in my pocket actually help Votto or the Reds? No, of course not. But it was fun. It brought me and my family closer to today's game, which is one good rationale for me to justify this hobby.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
08-26-2013, 10:11 AM
The second part of my 100th HR collection is the road jersey that Joey Votto was wearing when he hit the milestone. It shows EXTENSIVE use (very rare for Votto jerseys anymore) and has the added All-Star Game stars on back after he was elected to his 2nd ASG in 2011.

MLB~NUT
08-26-2013, 12:26 PM
The second part of my 100th HR collection is the road jersey that Joey Votto was wearing when he hit the milestone. It shows EXTENSIVE use (very rare for Votto jerseys anymore) and has the added All-Star Game stars on back after he was elected to his 2nd ASG in 2011.

Great Jersey!:D

dplettn
08-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Great Jersey!:D

+1. Himes, this thread wouldn't be 1/2 of what it has already become without you. Its also a tribute to the respectful rivalry between the Reds and Cardinals that we Reds fans get to share a respectful forum with members like MLB~NUT.

I have a good idea what the third part is, Himes! I'm happy for you that I was accompanying my son in a Redsfest kids-only autograph line and missed it... so he could have have datdude's auto on a practice ball. It worked out for another wonderful collector though. Anticipating you'll present part three with similar elegance as you did the bat and jersey, I can't wait to see part three -- it will be even better than the 1st time! Thanks for helping us all to celebrate Joey Votto!

rchimes13@yahoo.com
08-27-2013, 08:06 AM
MLB~NUT thank you! Here is item #3 from Joey Votto's 100th HR game. Game used batting helmet that was taken out of game play a week or so later due to stress crack on bill. I'm almost embarrassed to own this for what I paid, but needless to say I am excited to have captured a huge part of this milestone of my favorite player! If any Orioles fan out there has any of the bases or line up card from this game PLEASE contact me!

rchimes13@yahoo.com
08-28-2013, 08:10 AM
This is the very first glove I purchased for my collection. Bought it from Sports Investments in Cincinnati following the 2008 season and came directly from Reds Clubhouse. It is a game issued Joey Votto 2008 Rawlings outfielders glove signed nicely on back in gold paint pen.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
09-03-2013, 12:54 PM
Hoping my continuous posting on this thread will send some "good vibes" to get Votto kick started for last month of season...looks uncomfortable over the last couple weeks :confused: Here is a bat I picked up from another GUU member, 2007 GU spring training bat with TREMENDOUS use and also photo-matched to several 2008 Topps cards of Votto's.

dplettn
09-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Its a good thing when a guy leads his league at getting on base (OBP) even when he's not looking his personal best. The toughness Votto has shown while playing with limited off days coming back from an injury is pretty impressive. Votto playing through this stretch may speak to the team's resiliency among tough peers. Here is a 2013 ball I particularly enjoy because of respect for this season's competition. The Diamondbacks featuring the other NL All Star First Baseman have showed tremendous will in playing inspired ball in some of this season's most memorable games, league wide. Paul Goldschmidt brings Joey Votto circa 2010 to mind. Joey will likely look to raise his game with intentions of defending his All Star starting honors next year.

I believe this ball will help me look back and remember much of what has made 2013 baseball special. The ball from Joey Votto's career hit# 913 off Wade Miley is displayed below. It remained in play for two additional pitches while Joey Votto and Paul Goldschmidt shared space at 1st. They would get more time together as this was Votto's first of three hits on the night.

dplettn
09-04-2013, 01:02 PM
As Himes' 2007 Spring Training bat shows, Votto wasn't always as clean with his equipment as he is at present. The '08 bat shown below is very unique among Votto's M356 bats I've seen. Obviously it is not MLB authenticated to verify Votto's personal use. A fellow forum member cautioned me about the knob's surface scratching (1st picture). Even with the bat coming from a prior owner I trust, I wrestled with fears about the bat being too messy until finally seeing another M356 with similar game preparation photographed by the Cincinnati Enquirer, in use by Votto. Also, I found relative comfort with the surface scratching on the knob because the "19" is below the surface scratching.

All other things being equal I prefer MLB authenticated bats in the GU database which remove any fears that a bat was used by an alternate player, etc. But, this bat's tremendous use warranted entry to the collection regardless. While its possible that it was used during the regular season, my best guess is that it was used in '08 Spring Training based on the prior owner.

Joey Votto Rookie M356 Bat

dplettn
09-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Excuse the oddball humor in advance... Last night Boston scored 20 runs in just eight home innings against the Tigers. Perhaps an opportune time to harness the good fortunes of Joey Votto's red socks.

When Votto closed April 2013 sporting the same style as a newly arrived teammate, he seemed to embrace Shin Soo Choo more than his title of "Face of MLB"... an admirable thing in my eyes for one of a team's leaders.

Did the socks reward Joey? Although the surprise of Dominic Brown earned Player of the Month honors in the NL, Votto followed April with some leading numbers on the diamond. Perhaps Votto didn't get the award because somebody was upset how the face had wore his pants. Regardless, I won't mind seeing whether the power in these red socks May harness some eye popping numbers yet again.

Joey Votto Career Hit #852

frikativ54
09-06-2013, 08:49 AM
Did the socks reward Joey? Although the surprise of Dominic Brown earned Player of the Month honors in the NL, Votto followed April with some leading numbers on the diamond. Perhaps Votto didn't get the award because somebody was upset how the face had wore his pants. Regardless, I won't mind seeing whether the power in these red socks May harness some eye popping numbers yet again.

Grammar notwithstanding, you mean to say that Votto's socks may have cost him Player of the Month? :confused:

Am I reading you correctly?

dplettn
09-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Grammar notwithstanding, you mean to say that Votto's socks may have cost him Player of the Month? :confused:

Am I reading you correctly?

Of course not. Just trying to be funny.

dplettn
09-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I certainly hope not to change the standard of this thread which has given each item the attention it deserves independently. But these two hit balls are appropriate for an exception. They are career hits 904 (left) and 905 (right), which both took place on Father's Day 2013.

Spending the day with my family and seeing a Reds 5-1 victory was plenty enough, so it was no big deal that we missed out on the gym bag giveaway. Hit 904 was removed from play four pitches later on a pitch in the dirt to Brandon Phillips. I was fortunate to take that one home on Father's Day in lieu of a gym bag. 905 was similarly authenticated without relevance, this time removed on a Brandon Phillips grounder.

One 2013 Votto hit ball to hand down to each son someday!

Still working on that Joey Votto collection. I'd love to see what hit balls, bats, etc others have. Please e-mail plettner at fuse dot net. Also, contributions to this thread may be anonymous.

Credit for the photograph of the 905th hit swing (not watermarked as displayed here) goes to Joseph Fuqua II of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Fathers Day 2013
Joey Votto Career Hits 904 and 905

nickacs
09-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Dplettn - Looks like Votto's Father's Day 2013 jersey was just on MLB auction this past week. Didn't meet the reserve, so not sure if it will go back on the auction site in the near future or if it can be bought straight from the team?

Looks like it would compliment your baseball's from that day nicely! :)

http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=14643336&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=14643336

dplettn
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Dplettn - Looks like Votto's Father's Day 2013 jersey was just on MLB auction this past week. Didn't meet the reserve, so not sure if it will go back on the auction site in the near future or if it can be bought straight from the team?

Looks like it would compliment your baseball's from that day nicely! :)

Thanks nickacs. While not strongest personal affinity, I do find jerseys exciting. Seeing Himes' 100th HR jersey here on this thread is incredible.

For anyone else who is interested in the jersey for their own item to memorialize Fathers Day 2013, the person to contact with the Reds is Jon Cline (jcline@reds.com). Proceeds of Reds Authentics' sales benefit the Reds Community Fund. The Community Fund pays for youth programs including one for which I volunteer, Reds Rookie Success League. The cause this jersey will further is a good one.

Joey Votto Fathers Day 2013 Cincinnati Reds Jersey

dplettn
09-26-2013, 02:43 PM
For many who talk baseball the glass is often half empty. Joey Votto has endured adversity (again) in 2013. In fact, Votto endured his worst batting slump since coming up to the Reds. He is discarded in MVP talk. But Votto has stayed the course. He has played in every Reds game this year following knee surgery. Twice. His OBP leads his league and he ranks 5th in hits, just behind Paul Goldschmidt.

There have been times Votto has been bested by his competition. Carlos Gomez leaping over the wall to rob Votto of a game changing 9th inning home run comes to mind. But the biggest challenge to Votto's stats has been that pitchers do show the respect which is absent frequently among those who just talk baseball. Votto has been avoided (walked) 132 times already. That's more than 25% above the highest in baseball outside of the Reds clubhouse (Mike Trout, 105). Votto has set the table for his team. Like Votto, Jay Bruce (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=56937) attracts minimal respect from the talking crowd. Bruce is 2nd in their league in RBI; 1st among those headed to the Playoffs. Bruce is a great player, but his RBI total is not possible without Votto.

The Reds have reached the playoffs in 3 of the last 4 seasons. With three regular season games to play the only uncertainty is whether they'll play in Tuesday's Wild Card at GABP or PNC. In hindsight, Gomez' robbery affected nothing but Votto's stats. Makes it a lot easier to smile when looking at Votto's 929th hit. People may not remember the hit which did land that day. Such selective memory is common among the folks who criticize the athlete who is "Vottomatic". He crushed the 1st inning ball too. Look where it went after smashing into the opposing first baseman.

Career Hit 929, July 8 2013

rchimes13@yahoo.com
10-01-2013, 09:40 AM
SOOOO with nervous excitement I am posting my 2012 NLDS GU Votto bat (thank you Eversole for great deal) in hopes to channel a little Reds-Magic for tonights Wild Card game vs. Pirates! Grabbed this bat for what I am calling a TRUE PC of Votto--Personal in that I am trying to collect Votto items that have Personal meaning to me. This one...my pops and I attended the 2012 NLDS game 3 in Cincy when Votto broke this bat. GO REDS!

AWA85
12-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Time to add to the Votto thread with this gamer. Picked up his jersey which was used for his #22 Home Run of 2013 and career bomb #155.

dplettn
12-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Time to add to the Votto thread with this gamer. Picked up his jersey which was used for his #22 Home Run of 2013 and career bomb #155.

Gorgeous and special jersey, Adam. Congratulations.

Votto's 155th HR (in your jersey) was a game winner! Chappy would come in for a 4th consecutive day and nailed down the save by striking out Puig, Gonzalez, and Ramirez. The Great Eight Reunion and Postgame Fireworks certainly didn't dampen the evening. One of the best experiences at GABP I can remember in 2013... The Reds rode the wave and went on to walk off against the Dodgers the next two games for a sweep.

Very happy you ended up with this stellar jersey, Adam. Congratulations!

dplettn
01-14-2014, 03:20 PM
On June 11 of 2011, the Reds were visiting the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants. Their game was part of the Fox Saturday Baseball national telecast. Reining NL MVP Joey Votto hit this ball in the 5th inning for his 337th RBI and 129th career double. It was this hit that chased two-time Cy Young winner Tim Lincecum from the game. The Reds won 10-2.

Please note the photograph of Votto below is attributed to the correct game, but it is unknown what AB was being photographed. While the ball pictured alone is MLB authenticated to the Votto double, it is uncertain whether the ball was retired from the game before or after a ball was returned to the mound.

Joey Vottos 129th double, 337th RBI

dplettn
01-23-2014, 01:37 PM
I enjoy that every game used baseball has a story to tell. This one appeared to be the fourth different baseball pitched to Joey Votto after he had two strikes.

Votto continued choking up on his M356, as he had when he fouled two into the stands and held back on a pitch into the dirt. Then, he drovethis ball into right field.

Recovering from knee surgery, Votto dove into second head first for his 194th career double. It was also his 815th hit and 455th career RBI. Getting to 2nd base on the play had Votto in position to score the game's final run, which he did. The game was Cueto's 19th (and final) win of 2012.

Joey Votto's 194th double, 455th RBI
September 25, 2012

AWA85
01-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Time to add to the Votto thread with this recent pick up, Joey Votto's 2010 game used fielding glove from his MVP season. The glove shows phenomenal use from the season.

dplettn
01-25-2014, 02:58 PM
The 2010 Fielding Glove is a fantastic add to this thread. Adam, so happy for this item in your esteemed Reds collection. I know many go through difficult considerations in posting special items. As a reminder, great items can be posted to this thread with anonymity, if necessary: plettner@fuse.net

I only know of one collector having a Votto glove that isn't posted to this thread. Hope it'll be here too before long. And, it would be great to see more special items. Don't think there is a single 2010 bat posted here yet!

dplettn
01-27-2014, 12:10 AM
Career Hit 569 off Roy Halladay during the 19 inning game on May 25, 2011 was a bright spot from a long and memorable (not all good) evening.

Halladay's inside pitch was fantistic, but as Fox Sports Ohio Commentator Chris Welch accurately noted, Votto brought his hands into his gut and still managed to get enough of the sweet spot on the ball to drive it right up the middle. A fine piece of hitting, made to look Vottomatic.

I also love that the TV broadcast showed the two-time Cy Young winning Halladay discarding the ball after his finely pitched ball had been returned to him a Votto hit ball. I have a taste for "hit balls"; Roy, not so much.

Joey Votto Career Hit 569 off Roy Halladay

rchimes13@yahoo.com
04-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Not a GU item, but was pretty stoked to get this 2005 Official MiLB ball signed by then Sarasota Reds 1B Joey Votto. You just don't see his whole name spelled out anymore.

Cleanupman1645
12-23-2016, 08:58 PM
Show me your new stuff.

AWA85
12-31-2016, 08:37 PM
Fun going back through this thread. Here is some Votto lumber that I have collected.

clsports
01-10-2017, 08:33 AM
I own his Billings Mustangs Road jersey from 2003.

AWA85
01-10-2017, 08:53 PM
I own his Billings Mustangs Road jersey from 2003.

Sounds like an awesome jersey! If you ever were willing to sell, trade or just listen to offers shoot me an email. awa85@live.com

clsports
01-11-2017, 11:18 AM
I am not looking to sell the Billings jersey now, but I will keep you in mind should that day come. It can't hurt to shoot me an offer though . . . Thanks.

AWA85
01-11-2017, 05:41 PM
I am not looking to sell the Billings jersey now, but I will keep you in mind should that day come. It can't hurt to shoot me an offer though . . . Thanks.

What is a good email to reach you? Or feel free to email me at awa85@live.com

Thank you!

clsports
01-16-2017, 08:29 AM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100974638/20170115_130111.jpg

dplettn
06-23-2017, 01:15 PM
I started this thread several years ago. Its been a while since I've posted to it, but I certainly haven't stopped focusing on Votto.

All Votto fans likely remember his 2012 Mother's Day which he finished with his third HR of the game, a walk off Grand Slam. No surprised given my focus on Votto "hit balls" that I've been after a Mother's Day hit ball since then. Sadly none were authenticated since then until this year. Kudos to the Giants handling of the GU authentication process! They managed to authenticate TWO this year. Here is the first, career hit #1446

Please note I am actively looking for Votto "hit balls" from 2007-2010. I began collecting them in 2011 and have plenty since then. Including several very special ones. If you've got one, PLEASE reach out at 513-470-0017 or plettner@fuse.net. I'd prefer to buy but I'd also trade something you'd appreciate even more! Rewards offered for referrals as well.

Mothers Day 2017
career hit #1446

JDF5244
06-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Hi DPlettin:
Can you please tell me where you got the screen grab with the info re: who was pitching, who was hitting, etc.?
I appreciate it,
JDF

dplettn
07-03-2017, 12:24 PM
Hi DPlettin:
Can you please tell me where you got the screen grab with the info re: who was pitching, who was hitting, etc.?
I appreciate it,
JDF

I just cropped the larger screen grab from the main authentication display. I may be peculiar in this way but I generally prefer keeping hologram IDs private.