PDA

View Full Version : Any Vintage basketball jersey collectors?

tory.mccallum1
08-17-2013, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, i have no idea what this could possibly be. My friend went through storage and gave it to me and she knew nothing about it, I don't think its anything NBA related, but i'm just wondering if this could be maybe a vintage 60's college game used jersey? I saw the grey flannel basketball hall of fame auction and the Oscar Robertson game used '62 jersey has the exact same tagging as this, so that kinda caught my eye that it could be from that era, maybe late 50's early 60's. Anyway if anyone knows anything about this, or can identify what time period this jersey could be dated would be awesome! Thanks again

cjw
08-17-2013, 12:09 AM
1940's - '50's Wilson tagging. Likely a high school jersey due to the small size (38) but perhaps College. Would be like finding a needle in a haystack determining the team.

cohibasmoker
08-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Hey guys, i have no idea what this could possibly be. My friend went through storage and gave it to me and she knew nothing about it, I don't think its anything NBA related, but i'm just wondering if this could be maybe a vintage 60's college game used jersey? I saw the grey flannel basketball hall of fame auction and the Oscar Robertson game used '62 jersey has the exact same tagging as this, so that kinda caught my eye that it could be from that era, maybe late 50's early 60's. Anyway if anyone knows anything about this, or can identify what time period this jersey could be dated would be awesome! Thanks again

Cool jersey but, a size 38 may be a tad diminutive for it to be a professional jersey? I've attached some scans of my 76ers warm-ups.