PDA

View Full Version : Yaz bat

DGRROSEN
11-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Is the information about the lack of a model number on the knob of this bat correct? Any other opinions about the bat?

Carl Yaztrzemski 1975-76 Game Used H&B Pro Model Bat
Featured is a dark brown Hillerich and Bradsby game used bat by Yaz. The bat shows light to medium use with cleat marks and ball scuffs present on the barrel. The bat was signed in paint pen above the barrel by Yaz. The knob is absent of a model number which was a characteristic found between 1975 and 76 in the process of switching to the Liberty Bell logo. Price: $500

http://www.gameusedbat.com/images/Yazsite.JPG

JimCaravello
11-24-2006, 09:12 AM
The bat appears to be from the 1973 - 1975 labeling period. A review of Yaz's records during this time frame show that Yaz never ordered Hickory Finished bats. The bat may very well be a team indexed or promotional bat - especially without any model number stamped into the knob. If I can be of any further help, please let me know. Jim

33bird
11-24-2006, 07:24 PM
This is the 3rd bat offered by gameusedbat.com that doesn't match factory records. Besides this Yaz bat, the Perez and Fred Lynn bat they're selling doesn't match any shipping records either. Thanks for saving us some money Jim, by letting us know this information.
Greg

DGRROSEN
11-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Jim, thanks for the info. After checking in the "BATS" book and the "MastroNet" book, I could find no discussion about missing model numbers on 1975 bats. The lack of such information made me suspicious of the bat. The price also appeared somewhat low for a YAZ bat from that era. That is why I posted the bat here. David