PDA

View Full Version : Radio Interview on 'The Ballgame' ESPN 1050 AM

ChrisCavalier
08-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Hey Everyone,

Below is a link to a radio interview I did with Jeff Logan of the Kansas City Baseball Historical Society and Greg Pryor who played on the 1985 Championship Kansas City Royals team. The radio program is called 'The Ballgame' which aired on ESPN radio. Jeff and Greg are two absolutely fantastic guys who have a really good dynamic together on the air. The interview was a lot of fun and I got to share some information about what we are doing with Goldin Auctions.

In addition, now some of you can at least put a voice, if not a face, to one of the guys posting here. :) I hope you enjoy the show and I'll update you on if/when I head out to Kansas City as referenced in the interview. If I head out there we will likely do something to interact with collectors in that area and I would love to meet some of you in person:

http://www.theballgamekc.com

Sincerely,
Chris

CampWest
08-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Definitely keep us posted.

I try to catch the podcasts of that show, as I cannot listen to it live from 4-5 on Wednesdays as I am at work. I am a member of the KCBHS and glad to hear, though not the least bit surprised, that you had a good experience with Jeff and Greg. I'll make sure I get this one to the top of the queue.

I met Greg while preparing for Royals fantasy camp a couple years ago and we've talked easily a couple dozen times since then and a number of emails and Facebook exchanges. Really nice guy and he is one of those players that actually truly loves the game. At the All Star Game in KC in 2012, Greg found where most of the fantasy campers were sitting and spent nearly the entire evening hanging out with us and the other fans that were in the area beyond the outfield fountains. He could have made his way into one of the VIP Suite parties or something, but chose to instead hang out with the fans... Attached is a pic of me and Greg before a KCBHS meeting back in January, with one of Greg's game bats.

Anyhow, when you get the details of your KC visit, let me know. Hopefully we can meet up for some BBQ and baseball.

ChrisCavalier
08-12-2013, 05:24 PM
I met Greg while preparing for Royals fantasy camp a couple years ago and we've talked easily a couple dozen times since then and a number of emails and Facebook exchanges. Really nice guy and he is one of those players that actually truly loves the game. At the All Star Game in KC in 2012, Greg found where most of the fantasy campers were sitting and spent nearly the entire evening hanging out with us and the other fans that were in the area beyond the outfield fountains. He could have made his way into one of the VIP Suite parties or something, but chose to instead hang out with the fans
Yes Wes, your impression of Greg is consistent with mine. He and Jeff are just good people and I really like the show they do together.

I'm hoping to be out in Kansas City sometime soon. If I'm there, BBQ and baseball sounds great. I'd look forward to meeting you in person.

-Chris