PDA

View Full Version : Shipping with Third-Party Insurance

sportscentury
08-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Has anyone ever used third-party insurance when shipping a high-end/valuable item? If so, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts as recommendations, caveats, issues to consider, etc. Thank you.

trsent
08-12-2013, 03:56 AM
Has anyone ever used third-party insurance when shipping a high-end/valuable item? If so, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts as recommendations, caveats, issues to consider, etc. Thank you.

I'd love to hear if anyone can help with this also - I've always wanted to consider another option for shipping with insurance.

cohibasmoker
08-12-2013, 07:52 AM
Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control. I once few down to Florida to pickup an item. I live in NJ and I got a cheap seat (using air miles) on Spirit airlines. I flew down on the 0700 flight, met the Seller at the airport, had lunch and flew back on the 1530 flight.

For me, the item was small so baggage fees were NOT an issue.

Jim

Phil316
08-12-2013, 07:59 AM
I have used shipcover before and actually had to claim the insurance. It was quite simple to recover the funds.

trsent
08-12-2013, 01:20 PM
Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control. I once few down to Florida to pickup an item. I live in NJ and I got a cheap seat (using air miles) on Spirit airlines. I flew down on the 0700 flight, met the Seller at the airport, had lunch and flew back on the 1530 flight.

Jim

Flying on Spirit is always a nightmare for me. They charge you for your wallet in your back pocket.

I have used shipcover before and actually had to claim the insurance. It was quite simple to recover the funds.

What is this company? Do you have a link? How big was your claim?

Is this eBay's 3rd party insurance? They appear to be quite expensive these days.

sportscentury
08-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Is there anyway around insurance fees? I think not and the fees are getting way out of control.

I'm not looking to get around insurance fees. I just want a reliable third-party insurance company for shipping.

Thank you, but, unfortunately, I believe this is only for eBay. And shipcover restricts you to USPS.

Flying on Spirit is always a nightmare for me.

The name Spirit for an airline is not particularly reassuring.

sportscentury
08-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Anyone else? Has anyone ever used "Shipsurance"?

NEFAN
08-13-2013, 01:09 PM

Jim

Good one Jim!