PDA

View Full Version : Game worn 85 bears?

bloomk
08-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Ok, i signed up to this site to ask this question. I am a noob so please be gentle :)

I am a HUGE bears fan. I have not missed a game in 6 years. I started watching/playing football when i was 9 years old. That just happened to be in 85. I have been a loyal bears fan ever since. I have every game of the 85 season recorded and on DVD. Long story short, i have a passion for the bears.

On to my question. Is it plausible to find an authentic and verified game worn 85 bears jersey of a star play? like (the holy grail) walter payton, McMahon, perry, etc? I'd like a game worn item that i can tie to a specific game.

I realize it would cost a pretty penny. I just need to know if i will be searching in vein. :)

bloomk
08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Correction..

On to my question. Is it plausible to find an authentic and verified game worn 85 bears jersey of a star player? like (the holy grail) walter payton, McMahon, perry, etc?

Samets
08-08-2013, 05:57 AM
It is possible. Bears items from the 80's are very hard to come by but are out there in private collections.

gingi79
08-08-2013, 09:21 PM
The upside is that this site has several truly knowledgeable and fanantical Bears collectors with great collections. The downside is you are looking for a high end jersey from their most iconic season on a website with several truly knowledgeable and fanantical Bears collectors with great collections :D

They exist but from what I have heard, are locked away in collections. Good luck anyway.;)

NEFAN
08-09-2013, 01:13 PM
With the 85 season on DVD, you have a great source to photomatch any jersey that becomes available for you or other collectors.