PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone dealt with gamewornuniforms.com?

peteyvang
08-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Has anyone dealt with gamewornuniforms.com? Legit? Do they negotiate prices?

Thanks guys

Anabolicollege17
08-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Yes, and Yes. Make sure you call them for deals though.

abstractheory
08-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Found a game used, 1985 Marc Lewis, Denver Gold USLF jersey I was looking for. Although, when I first asked about it, they said it was no longer available. After a couple emails back and forth, the jersey was found and finally sold to me. The Jersey is legit and and an awesome find, but I think it's still up for sale on their site. Maybe not the most organized operation in the world, but I would come back, for sure.

Gopack1782
08-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Is it better to call these guys? I haven't had much luck on responses through email?

jake33
08-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Wayne Otto seems to have no issue holding on to jerseys for nearly a decade. I saw him at the National this weekend doing an interview about the game used hobbby, he is a guy that likes it if his ego is a bit stroked, so feed into that to try to get somewhat of a better deal.

Justin Mercado
08-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Recently dealt with them. It was a smooth transaction and as said above, they can negotiate on certain things and it would be much better to call. I also was told an item was no longer available, but was happy to hear that it was also found later on.

ferro39
01-04-2014, 01:00 PM
can anyone comment on how bendable they are on pricing?

im interested in a few of their items (that i cant imagine anyone else would possibly want), but the listed prices are cartoonishly high--like double+ what they're probably worth.

i see that calling is the way to go. i was just wondering what other people's experiences have been.

jake33
01-04-2014, 03:23 PM
They aren't the best at getting to reasonable prices. Should be hard to get 10% off, 25% off may be a little difficult though.

I just don't get how they can sit on those Devil Rays jerseys since November 2004. The market for Devil Rays jerseys has taken a major hit. Even getting $100 for game used regular season D-Rays jerseys is very difficult to do, yet they continue to look for $150+ for guys like Jason Tyner, Brent Abernathy, and Paul Abbott. The time for them to cash in has sailed by. I assume they made their money back from the bulk purchase from 10 years ago, so I don't get why they just don't dump everything and clear some inventory.

jake33
01-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Meant to say getting 10% off shouldn't be hard....
25% might be difficult though, but probably doable.

Getting 50% off, is not easy at all.
I spent $1700 there ten years ago and only got like maybe 20-30% off.

ferro39
01-04-2014, 04:21 PM
i guess that's something of a starting point. thanks, jake.

another problem is that one of the items is marked and priced as game worn when it's only clearly issued. as is, it's priced insanely for worn. issued, it might only be worth 1/3 of the asking price.

jake33
01-04-2014, 06:20 PM
Yes, they have several issued jerseys in their inventory, but you maybe able to talk wayne into the jersey being issued and not worn - which also might help the price. Otherwise most items will be deemed game used.

TomTimmerman
01-04-2014, 06:55 PM
I had the same experience several years ago. I bought an item that was clearly issued. Wayne's attitude was "it came from the team, so it must have been used." Haven't bought from him since.

sox83cubs84
01-04-2014, 09:00 PM
As a person and a seller, I like Wayne Otto, and have had good transactions with him. The biggest drawback is that he is not a good researcher, and may have items misidentified in terms of player, year, etc. Give him a shot, but do your homework first.

Dave Miedema

russyurk
01-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Great feedback guys, coincidentally I just emailed him for the third time this week asking for pictures of two jerseys that aren't on the website and finally got a response. I've got my eye on a couple jerseys of a friend who went to ST with the Tigers but never made the show. His prices are way too high for a player of that caliber, I too hope he negotiates.