PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Bears Game ..bars/tailgating.. Need Help..

GMEN92
08-02-2013, 07:35 AM
Whats up guys.. im heading to Chicago in October for the giants bears game..
Can anybody recommend any bars or places to eat that ARE A MUST HAVE type of place.? Were staying on Michigan ave.

Also as far as the game goes are there bars close to stadium ?
We might rent a car and tailgate. But just trying to get a good game plane ahead of time..

We go to a different place every year last year was Dallas.! Aka GIANTS 2nd home field.. lol

Any info would be great thanks in advance
You can email me at mjjakab@yahoo.com or just reply here either way.

BU54CB
08-02-2013, 06:19 PM
There aren't really any bars close to the field, the nearest bar is probably about a mile walk from the stadium. Tailgating can be a challenge because the closest spots are permit parking. I would say you're best bet is to hang at a bar before the game and take a cab to the filed.

If we go to a bar before a game, we go to Krolls which is on Michigan and 18th street, but get there early so you have a seat.

I'm a season ticket holder, our field isn't the best as far as accessibility, but there's not a bad seat in the house IMO.

Samets
08-05-2013, 07:36 AM
I would personally recommend the Billy Goat Tavern (http://www.billygoattavern.com/)

GMEN92
08-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks guys!

sox83cubs84
08-07-2013, 07:10 PM
I would personally recommend the Billy Goat Tavern (http://www.billygoattavern.com/)

The Billy Goat Tavern has a long history in Chicago, and would be worth visiting even if you didn't have a Bears game to go to.

Newspaper legends have frequented the place for lunch, dinner, drinks and whatever for decades. It is the inspiration for the "Cheeseburgah! Cheeseburgah! skits in the glory days of Saturday Night Live. And, most sports-related, it was the owner in 1945, Sam Sianis, who was denied entrance to Wrigley Field during the World Series for his pet billy goat. From this the Billy Goat curse was born.

Dave Miedema