PDA

View Full Version : Singletary Pro Bowl Game Worn Jersey

Preston
08-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Hey guys,

First off I appreciate ANY help you can give me on this - and really appreciate the help on the Shaq and Seau gamers...

I have an opportunity to purchase a Mike Singletary game worn Pro Bowl jersey (I want to say it was 1990) w/ the nameplate removed. Very light wear as you'd expect from a Pro Bowl jersey - tagging looks similar to examples I've seen online.

I guess the questions/concerns I have are:

1. Why would the nameplate be removed? There is evidence of a nameplate having been there.

2. Did they make "backup" jerseys for Pro Bowls then?

3. Anything else I should look for?

Thanks again and I promise I won't bump this, so that I won't offend anybody this time around.

Samets
08-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Can we see pictures?

Preston
08-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Yup I'll post some pics today as soon as I'm able to

commando
08-02-2013, 11:23 AM
The jersey style will narrow down the year(s) it may have been used, then it's time to look for a style-match or photo-match. Sometimes Pro Bowl photos are surprisingly hard to find, but I know they're out there.

Fred
08-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Preston,
If I am correct a 1990 Pro Bowl jersey should have a patch with the year on it.Does it have numbers on the shoulders or on the sleeves?I have a Singletary Pro Bowl jersey from the late 80's.If you wish i can try to post a picture of it.As far as i know they did have a second jersey.