PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Nationals Park

rgclem
08-01-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm going to watch the Braves and Nationals play next week. I was wondering where the visiting team arrives at the stadium and what are the chances of them signing. Thanks!

DJaeger22
08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
I think it's parking lot C where both teams arrive. There's a security booth that separates the two. The Nationals players drive up to the lot that has the fence and gate. The away team pulls their bus up to the tunnel that is next to the Nats gate.

The last time I went there the Dodgers were in town and a few people got them to sign as they walked to the bus. Surprisingly some of the guys that went for them were able to get Hanley and a few other bigger names. I haven't been there this year to see if anything has changed but I will be going next weekend to a few games.

Good Luck!

DJaeger22
08-01-2013, 01:50 PM
If you wouldn't mind emailing me and letting me know how it went so I can gauge what I'm going to bring when I go, that would be awesome.

Thanks

rgclem
08-01-2013, 02:23 PM
What if the players take a taxi? Do they get let out outside the gate the team bus pulls in? And I'll let you know for sure

DJaeger22
08-01-2013, 02:55 PM
I didn't do before the game last year, just after. It seemed like they all came out of the tunnel and went right up to the bus but it was a getaway day so they might all have to take the bus. A few September call-ups had family outside waiting for them and the player walked over and mingled with them.

rgclem
08-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Where is parking lot C?

DJaeger22
08-01-2013, 04:58 PM
It's on Potomac Avenue SE. Which way are you getting there, Metro, Driving or walking...

rgclem
08-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Either taxi or walking

DJaeger22
08-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Once you get to the stadium I would just take a walk around. It's parallel to the river. You'll see the parking lot as I believe it's the only one that is attached to the stadium and the metal barriers blocking where you can stand. The security booth is pretty visible as well and should have a guard outside telling people when its safe to walk across the gated area.

rgclem
08-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Me and my brother got their around 1:30 for a 7:10 game.. Harper signed before we got there so I was pretty disappointed about that, but we did have some success. You could easily get the players attention if they were in a taxi. It was probably a 25% chance they would sign if they were a above average player. The big names that signed were Harper (said he rarely signed), Simmons (ss for Braves), Span, and Gattis. Gattis was the best out of all of these. He signed for everyone even with inscriptions if you wanted it. He also took pics with you if you wanted one. I ended up getting a ball signed by Gattis and a couple other Braves. He also signed a lineup card from a game he hit a bomb in. So overall, I would def go back if I had the chance... Only bad part is there isn't any shade!

5toolplayer
08-10-2013, 06:55 PM
Harper signing at all at the stadium is RARE